CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

considering str8 sick was a last minute pick up pretty much, if they were able to replace him and pick up APG in his place then grab Heinz i could see that being a possibility.

LOL not true at all. New settings came out and teams were dodging us for 3-4 days. The e6 scrim we won 7-6 was the 1st time on new settings. We might have just played equal amount of games now but that is because we dont really take days off

edit: Also that wasn't the point that Mike was trying to make but oh well

That was e6's first practice on new settings too just saying. CLG is still best team, even when you guys are having off days you still win it's impressive.

considering str8 sick was a last minute pick up pretty much, if they were able to replace him and pick up APG in his place then grab Heinz i could see that being a possibility.

He might have been a last minute pickup, but he's part of their Pro League roster that qualified. Liquid had a special exemption case for APG that it sounds like he'll be waiving anyways, I don't think Optic has any medical reason for the league to make an exception. 

as far as I can tell, each team in Pro League gets one roster change and Naded just initiated it.

I think that rule is fair, because who knows if Maniac, Str8 Sick, Ace and APG would have beaten Elevate in the LCQ? If you swap out Naded and Str8 Sick for APG/Heinz/anybody, that question gets even murkier. Considering how cutthroat the qualification for Pro league is, I think it's a pretty reasonable restriction. (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken) 

Tbh, I don't think they'd improve by dropping Str8 Sick anyways.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I expected this decision by Naded since the day he joined Optic, no way a team with Maniac AND now Ace on it would be up to Naded's standards in terms of practice. 

APG would fit, but Naded did so many plays these last tourneys for Optic, APG really has to step up and wake Maniac and Ace up

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Optic didn't practice enough when Naded was on the team (who practices more than basically everyone), they sure as hell aren't going to practice enough when their buddy APG is on the team

Naded and 2gre To2 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He might have been a last minute pickup, but he's part of their Pro League roster that qualified. Liquid had a special exemption case for APG that it sounds like he'll be waiving anyways, I don't think Optic has any medical reason for the league to make an exception. 

as far as I can tell, each team in Pro League gets one roster change and Naded just initiated it.

I think that rule is fair, because who knows if Maniac, Str8 Sick, Ace and APG would have beaten Elevate in the LCQ? If you swap out Naded and Str8 Sick for APG/Heinz/anybody, that question gets even murkier. Considering how cutthroat the qualification for Pro league is, I think it's a pretty reasonable restriction. (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken) 

Tbh, I don't think they'd improve by dropping Str8 Sick anyways.  

This is outside the transfer period for Pro Teams and we have worked with Naded to provide information that he needed. The team is allowed to pick up a replacement as Naded will not be competing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If Optic didn't practice enough when Naded was on the team (who practices more than basically everyone), they sure as hell aren't going to practice enough when their buddy APG is on the team

Naded and 2gre To2

Maniac is a bad influence. Apg will be drinking at 4am, goingg to bed at 8am, aand eating like shit but always saying it's his last cheat meal. For apgs health he needs to stay away from that house
  • Upvote (+1) 3

That was e6's first practice on new settings too just saying. CLG is still best team, even when you guys are having off days you still win it's impressive.

E6 is an awesome team and I expect to see them at the top, but that wasn't there 1st time playing on the settings. I remember this since they decided to play a team over us the day before and I am pretty sure the day before that as well(could be wrong about it being 2 times though). Thanks for the kind words 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is outside the transfer period for Pro Teams and we have worked with Naded to provide information that he needed. The team is allowed to pick up a replacement as Naded will not be competing. 

Oh okay, interesting. So they can still drop another player if they'd like? I feel like that'd be frustrating to a team like elevate that was competing against those four players for the last pro spot, but that's good to know. Thanks!

Also, since you say "Naded will not be competing" - is the reasoning that Naded is retiring which is different than a normal roster change? And in that case, would it be different if he were to compete in the Challenger league? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So does that mean OpTic will be able to make a second team change during the transfer period? Or does this count towards that?

I'm happy with Naded's decision. Let Optic get slapped around in pro league and go back to streaming.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

E6 is an awesome team and I expect to see them at the top, but that wasn't there 1st time playing on the settings. I remember this since they decided to play a team over us the day before and I am pretty sure the day before that as well(could be wrong about it being 2 times though). Thanks for the kind words

Went back and looked you're right, they played the settings one time prior to you guys vs. renegades

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone who has Halo smarts explain the difference between APG and Heinz (or anyone else) in regards to whom Optic should pick up (e.g. playstyle and stuff). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Naded in pro league

No 2gre in pro league

welp

200.gif

I feel you're pain, but at least we have Cratos 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maniac, Ace, and Demon D were playing together last night. I know that it is just matchmaking but that might be where all the BtH stuff is coming from.