CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wow the reticile lag on missed scatter/shotguns makes me feel like I'm watching my own film for a second.

• Upvote (+1) 4

if E6 is the 2nd best team in the game and nv are better than E6, and EG are better than nv. Does that make EG top 0?

In all honesty though, in HCS right now the phrase "any given day" could not be more relevant.

Every team other seems to have a chance against eachother in a series, the space between 8-2 is wafer thin, with the amount of practice being the safest bet to distinguish each team. Series' are decided almost purely by tilt factor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow the reticile lag on missed scatter/shotguns makes me feel like I'm watching my own film for a second.

They should press Start.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In all honesty though, in HCS right now the phrase "any given day" could not be more relevant.

Every team other seems to have a chance against eachother in a series, the space between 8-2 is wafer thin, with the amount of practice being the safest bet to distinguish each team. Series' are decided almost purely by tilt factor.

It really is any given day with the pro scrims and tournaments, except for CLG obviously.

OK I've been enjoying the tournament, but I have 1 question.  Who the fuck decided the schedule?  This is a 2 day thing tops.  Also, why the hell is it Sun-Tuesday?  It just makes no sense to me. 

When NV wins 3 of the 4 OBJ games, but loses the series because of the slayers.

3046515-6841240111-salty.gif

Expected for a team that's only played one 5 games series in over a week, tbh.

Impressed EG pulled that through. Slayers are still part of the rotation though :p

My updated power rankings for the week barring an EG upset:

CLG

EG

RNG

NV

E6

Allegiance

Liquid

Optic

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh.

Great.

CLG vs EG. Never seen that before.

I'm SO excited.

Not to mention this could be one of the most lopsided matchups  between the two yet, with CLG's grind and EG's break. 

Not to mention this could be one of the most lopsided matchups between the two yet, with CLG's grind and EG's break.

Not gonna be pretty

lmao probably the funniest thing I've seen in this game.

haha yeah and Eric's reaction is hilarious too

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry these replies are so late, glad Moses touched on them already though!

Wouldn't CLG players also be at a big disadvantage to because they lose a full series-worth of stats.

Only if you're assuming they would have put up massive stats against Optic (which, good point, tbh...). The way we are scoring this tourney is that each player's overall FP score is the average of their performance across all their series, so, as Moses stated, they won't be at an objective disadvantage for this (but perhaps subjectively). 

It should be a mix of both, not one or the other.

You dont want to punish teams for winning series' quicker.

But now you're rewarding teams that fail to make it farther in tournaments.

Especially in scenarios where a team loses in 3 games, is out, but 1 player went off. Then they end up having an insane K/D (like 1.80 or something), but over 3 games, it's not a good measurement.

Tbh, we didn't make a more nuanced tourney scoring situation (like what you're suggesting) because it won't matter during the pro-league, and we've mostly been doing these qualifying scores to preview what we're trying to build. Maybe we can try something like that for future tourneys after the first season ends. Counter-point to your suggestion though, is that sometimes that's how fantasy games work. Some random guy goes off, and even though it isn't a great reflection of fantasy value over time, it's $$$ this time. Doesn't necessarily mean there's less strategy involved in picking either, just that it's different strategy. Instead of picking who you think will be in the finals, you have to consider talented players on poorer teams as possible picks as well. Just apples and oranges I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre2 casting just makes my panties wet (not that I wear panties). I do think this casting trio has been doing extremely well. I think Goldenboy has been doing a fantastic job and walshy and 2gre add the touch of somethinsomethin that spices it up just right.

• Upvote (+1) 2