CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo would still be the best because look at the game now. Lot of the top players have been playing since 3 and 2 some even earlier. We just have the experience in the game. After America it would be EU and then Latin America. I'm surprised Microsoft doesn't try marketing harder down there because its a huge market that's developing and they love Halo (love CE the servers are always based there).

Both China and EU legitimately care about Dota and yet American teams still manage to be successful, evening winning TI. Same thing with Hearthstone as far as I'm aware. 

The most notable examples of Asian dominance are obviously Starcraft and LoL, neither of which apply to your scenario because Asia is overwhelming the largest region for both games. 

And I don't even think the Korean "infrastructure" would even apply to Halo if they took it seriously there. Most of it is the leftovers of what existed with Brood War, but it's not really applicable to Halo because they are completely different games. Skills and coaching from Brood War could carry over to a game like LoL, but it wouldn't work that well for a console game like Halo. North America would also benefit from the fact that the apex of competitive Halo, 2 and 3, took place here. Korean aren't magically going to have a Halo coach come out of nowhere with the knowledge that NA legends have just because they have the same player base size.

Perhaps the work ethic and Korean mentality would allow them to succeed, but it can only take you so far. If I played every day for 12 hours with Towey coaching me, I would still never be as a good as Ogre 2. 

ummmm what.....china and europe have won like literally every single TI except that one

>Quake 

lol there, I guess Fatality and Thresh aren't American. 

I'd also argue that they aren't the weakest region in Dota either, but I guess that's up to debate. 

All I'm trying to say is that if Asia and Europe suddenly had the same population of Halo players as North America did, they wouldn't out of nowhere become the best. Saying that if Korea put time in consoles instead of PCs they would be dominating Halo is the equivalent of going into a soccer/football forum and saying that American players might be subpar right now, but if the US hadn't founded baseball and started playing basketball they would be the best soccer players in the world. 

Is it true? Possibly. But it's such a pointless argument because it's based purely on hypotheticals. 

lololololol thresh's dominance was short lived same with fatal1ty. cooller and cypher ruled quake 3 arena 

As much as I'm sure people love these discussions, let's keep it to HCS stuff for now on.

Thanks.

Are we going to get a challenger league thread? I miss the AM drama of the Open thread.

Not at this time, just keeping it in here when it gets brought up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As much as I'm sure people love these discussions, let's keep it to HCS stuff for now on.

Thanks.

Not at this time, just keeping it in here when it gets brought up.

Understandable. Thanks for the quick response!

Are we going to get a challenger league thread? I miss the AM drama of the Open thread.

Seconded. Amateur's shouldn't be immune from getting memed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja went bananas. But I love it when casters follow frosty, cause I learn some nerdy tactics that I would never figure out on my own.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like RNG (and any team that does this) needs to stop complaining/critiquing games mid series. It sets them on edge and starts arguments, they don't have time to say anything really constructive and they should really be focusing on the next game. Save the critiques for the end of the series when they have time to discuss what happened and they can go watch the theater to actually see what happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like RNG (and any team that does this) needs to stop complaining/critiquing games mid series. It sets them on edge and starts arguments, they don't have time to say anything really constructive and they should really be focusing on the next game. Save the critiques for the end of the series when they have time to discuss what happened and they can go watch the theater to actually see what happened.

One thing I noticed that ALG does really well is post-game critiquing. They don't attack each others' decisions, but they illustrate what they need to do better by pointing out what the other team (in last night's case, CLG) was doing so well that won them the game.

Between games, you really don't have a load of time to throw out specific critiques at specific players, because when you do that, you also need time to fully flesh it out and not leave weird feelings hanging around.

I love all the players on CLG but words cannot describe how much I want them to lose.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One thing I noticed that ALG does really well is post-game critiquing. They don't attack each others' decisions, but they illustrate what they need to do better by pointing out what the other team (in last night's case, CLG) was doing so well that won them the game.

Between games, you really don't have a load of time to throw out specific critiques at specific players, because when you do that, you also need time to fully flesh it out and not leave weird feelings hanging around.

IMO there should be literally 0 critique between games. Maybe if they had 10 min intermissions, but when its like 5 seconds until the next game starts you can't possibly say anything substantially constructive, and just adds to the chance that last game's mentality (especially if a loss) bleeds through into the next game.

Perfect world would be an hour or 2 going over stuff after a scrim, and a quick 15 min refresh before the next scrim on what they decided they needed to do better, AND what they did well.

PS I seriously wonder how much a sports psychologist would be able to help some of these teams out. Like the field is ripe for improving

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow Frosty with the huge double to win the game and series there. CLG clutching up once again.

What's the RNG CLG score? I'm on mobile and can't watch

Ended 4-2 for CLG. Good series.