CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Woah, legit surprised EG actually beat Liquid earlier (sorry for being late, just got home).

I figured they'd be rusty as all hell. 

Good stuff. 

Same

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hoping weekly pro matches hit 10k. Might be a little to optimistic.

LCQ hit 18k during Losers Finals. I think having all the orgs will give it more exposure hopefully. Sad that most org's Twitter don't really talk about their Halo teams. Would love to see more orgs get in on the action and give their teams active love.

I guess the problem is just much more significant for me than it is for you. Honestly I don't know how anyone can stand it. How can you watch competitive Halo if you can't see where they're actually aiming? Pistol battles no longer look cool, snipe shots no longer have a wow factor. A huge part of the competitive Halo viewing experience is appreciating the elite aiming skills of the pros, isn't it?

I also dislike the outlines. It removes the suspense/surprise and also makes it more difficult to appreciate pros' unique awareness of where the enemies are.

It feels like this was whipped up in a day. My issue is that I'm thinking of it in terms of efficiency for every dollar. Halo may not have a lot of money in it for the next 6 months so I prefer for $5000 to be spent on a more professionally ran tournament rather than one that is being ran in such a manner that Goldenboy, Walshy, and Ogre 2 have to say "Ok, pause when the game starts...3, 2, 1, start!" in order to view and cast it.

But that's how any online tourney would have to be run. It's not like having 343 run the tournament means they don't have to use spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But that's how any online tourney would have to be run. It's not like having 343 run the tournament means they don't have to use spectator mode.

Exactly. The only way to avoid the "3, 2, 1..." countdown is to either have it be a LAN on a private server with 343's observer mode, or to have all the casters in the same room so they don't have to coordinate the start of the match. I believe the latter is what ESL is doing with pro league, having the casters all be in the studio.

Are we really nit picking/complaining that a preview tournament that came together incredibly quickly isn't a LAN/doesn't have exclusive access to 343's broadcast mode/the casters didn't fly to each other's houses?

I guess I just don't understand. Would you rather we didn't have this tournament at all and just waited for pro league to start?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Are we really nit picking/complaining that a preview tournament that came together incredibly quickly isn't a LAN/doesn't have exclusive access to 343's broadcast mode/the casters didn't fly to each other's houses?

I guess I just don't understand. Would you rather we didn't have this tournament at all and just waited for pro league to start?

I don't know about anyone else, but I preferred to blame 343 for the weird spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think only 1 person is complaining, everyone else is just talking about having a good time, or why things are they way they are in regards to said persons complaints.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think only 1 person is complaining, everyone else is just talking about having a good time, or why things are they way they are in regards to said persons complaints.

I think you're right now that I look back. Some of the explanations looked like agreements with the complainant. I've seen the light thank you friend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

who enters a tournament then bails on a series because they are "done playing"?  sigh....

Wait, who did?

I can't tell if serious... If so, I doubt it, they've been tweeting all day.

They just scheduled those tweets ahead of time man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

who enters a tournament then bails on a series because they are "done playing"?  sigh....

No no no, he was referring to a scrim the other day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did they fuck up the bracket earlier and then fix it? I was pumped seeing Renegades was on the other side of the bracket from CLG, and now they are on the same side. How did the seeding work for this event, outside of CLG being 1?

Did they fuck up the bracket earlier and then fix it? I was pumped seeing Renegades was on the other side of the bracket from CLG, and now they are on the same side. How did the seeding work for this event, outside of CLG being 1?

1 - CLG 

2 - EG 

3 - E6

4 - ALL 

5 - RNG

6 - EnVyUs

7 - Liquid

8 - OpTic

I believe it was based on the order that each team qualified (and for teams that went through the Summer Qualifier, their seeds in that tournament)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Order of qualification for Pro League.

Optic specifically naded.

Naded wasn't the reason they didn't play this preview tournament, he did left a scrim but we don't know the reason to why he did it and a lot of people are speculating stupid stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Naded wasn't the reason they didn't play this preview tournament, he did left a scrim but we don't know the reason to why he did it and a lot of people are speculating stupid stuff.

Ah thought he was referencing the scrim. Naded did say it wasn't his fault they didn't tourney IIRC.

What's this tournament about? Is this pro league?

No, its more like a prequel or preview of Pro League.

Also: Nice job nV on that great Truth CTF win!