CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://youtu.be/jBeEFQobMlk?t=18m20s

Someone must have caught this at the end of Flameswords Vlog.

Ace: "I've got some juicy stuff to tell you"
Flame: "Yeah...Don't worry, I read it after my date was over. We'll talk buddy, we'll talk."

I think they're just trolling, but you never know.

Edit: well..... This forfeit doesn't look good considering the above.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My prediction for this tournament: CLG doesn't win.

*Grabs Popcorn*

Would that mean E6 is the favorites? EG hasn't played all week and everyone else has been fair uninspiring (until RNG last night, but 1 series is not a pattern yet).

I dunno man, I still think CLG will pull it off. They have two gears: a "fuck around" gear and a "prove how good we are" gear. That's why they're able to pull of such ridiculous comebacks (like last night's scrim vs. RNG) or just curbstomp teams that are "expected" to prove their mettle by doing well against CLG (like when Optic put up that fight about a month ago in the TB tourney and then a few days later CLG was like "think you're good? here's a 12-1 loss").

So yeah, E6 went 7-6 against CLG. I don't think that's going to happen again. If those two teams meet in this tournament I don't think CLG is going to rest in gear 1.

IMO CLG still wins this, 80%. Maybe E6 is really good enough to beat CLG even when CLG is going tryhard, and maybe the new settings will be enough to throw CLG off enough that E6 is able to take enough games off them to win. But a lot of things still have to go right for E6 for that to happen, and even if they do I still think CLG is the better team as of right now. 

Outside of E6 though I don't see any other team touching CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno man, I still think CLG will pull it off. They have two gears: a "fuck around" gear and a "prove how good we are" gear. That's why they're able to pull of such ridiculous comebacks (like last night's scrim vs. RNG)

No. No. No.

The comeback was a result of relaxation and breathing excercises led by King @@LethuL

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does anyone know how long the delay is between spectator mode and real-time?

I may not be the first person to have this idea, but I'd think that if it was less than two minutes, it would be beneficial for a team's coach to specate their games (where they can see every player's point of view on both teams) and therefore always be able to know the powerup times, regardless of the team that gets it. Especially on Eden SH when there's camo and OS.

Again, maybe people already do this, or maybe the delay is too large to get the times. Just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've seen talk of the observer mode. Is that basically going to be a mode where you can join the lobby as a spectator? It makes sense with the mode they have now so people can't snipe and cheat, but with how important coaches are, having them in scrims to spectate would be ideal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen talk of the observer mode. Is that basically going to be a mode where you can join the lobby as a spectator? It makes sense with the mode they have now so people can't snipe and cheat, but with how important coaches are, having them in scrims to spectate would be ideal.

Pretty much. They've been using it at events since Regionals I think? I don't think they believe the release to be stable enough for general use though

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think an unintended side effect of having only 8 teams in the pro league is that it seems that fewer orgs are willing to pick up Halo teams. I remember at NA Regionals most teams were part of orgs like Winterfox, AA, SoaR, and a few others. And a lot of these orgs seem to be MIA for this season (as well as Denial and Elevate, but I'm sure they'll pick up a team soon since they literally just got eliminated from Pro League contention). Also, it seems as though other orgs that have never had Halo teams are more apprehensive about picking up a team that isn't in the Pro League, which may be why TSM isn't hopping in even though it seems like they want to, idk. 

Hopefully the payouts for the Challenger League are large enough that these orgs actually have reason to pick up Am teams. 

On a semi-related note, where are the EU orgs? Infused has a team now but I can't see why other EU orgs wouldn't want to pick up X-Men or Dinosaurs or the other EU Pro League teams. I can't tell if they're taking longer than one would expect or that they're just not interested. It'd be neat to see Epsi make a return and orgs like Splyce jump in. 

tl;dr where r da orgz

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a semi-related note, where are the EU orgs? Infused has a team now but I can't see why other EU orgs wouldn't want to pick up X-Men or Dinosaurs or the other EU Pro League teams. I can't tell if they're taking longer than one would expect or that they're just not interested. It'd be neat to see Epsi make a return and orgs like Splyce jump in.

tl;dr where r da orgz

Those announcements are probably waiting on contract related things.

Can ya dig it?

Just noticed Chig has 343i in his Twitter profile, congrats!

That's great news, Chig's stream was awesome back in H2A and the only thing I miss about the time. #BetterwithChig

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic have forfeited?

Yeah, Spartan just said it on stream that they forfeited against CLG

Yeah, Spartan just said it on stream that they forfeited against CLG

Yeah, that's where I heard it too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Confirmed by Snakebite.

These Naded rumours are looking more and more true. Really unfortunate.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Confirmed by Snakebite.

These Naded rumours are looking more and more true. Really unfortunate.

What exactly are the Naded rumors? I've only seen vague posts about them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel bad for OpTic Halo fans.

Thank you. It really is hard. I hope there's at least an explanation in a vlog or something. The speculation on if something has even gone wrong is driving me crazy. Just when you think this team is back on track, the train begins to go right off the rails again.

So does all of this OpTic drama tie into Naded leaving that scrim or are we past that at this point?