CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really want extraction. @@RyaNoob do you think it would play well on any of the current maps?

Extraction needs large maps like station 9. Maybe stasis but I haven't played any other dlc maps so idk if there are any suited.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody know what day/time this weekend the preview tourney is?

But unfortunately I have no idea of the time, sorry:(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we don't have oddball/k.o.t.h cuz there is some games where it is impossible for the losing team to come back. But with strongholds the losing team can always make a come back.

we don't have those gametypes because 343 has to create them from scratch and here we are like 9 months later

prolly won't have them until halo 6

• Upvote (+1) 3

So wait. Hydra and fuel rod on Truth and Saw on Fathom are actually going to be in Pro League?

What the fuck. I thought those changes were sick jokes this whole time.

Shh, this is the thread where we pretend the settings are good.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

we don't have those gametypes because 343 has to create them from scratch and here we are like 9 months later

prolly won't have them until halo 6

Whoa now I think you're asking too much here.  At least not until Halo 7. :kappa:

Any scrims tonight? Really hoping to catch an nV scrim. I can't stay up late enough during the week to watch any of them.

I find it funny that if you go on the HCS forums on Waypoint, Diamonds (With a positive KD) are rare, and Onyx are almost unheard of. You see Golds and Platinums forming teams to compete in the HCS, Game Battles and what not.  While here on Beyond if you're not a 1600+ Onyx in Team Arena you are a scrub.

:mj:

Their refusal to make oddball a focus is borderline insanity. Such a good gametype and would work very well in competitive halo 5.

Oddball probably wouldn't work too well in this game. Same reason Assault doesn't. Bad spawn locations, an 8 second respawn timer, and fast spartan abilities.

Extraction needs large maps like station 9. Maybe stasis but I haven't played any other dlc maps so idk if there are any suited.

It wouldn't work on a large majority of the maps in the HCS for this reason alone. I'm all for testing. In fact I loved extraction I'm just skeptical about it in h5.

So wait. Hydra and fuel rod on Truth and Saw on Fathom are actually going to be in Pro League?

What the fuck. I thought those changes were sick jokes this whole time.

Fuel rod isn't bad. The plasma caster was literally never used ever by the Pro's. Power weapon control is more exciting than pure precision weapon battles all game. Why do you think Amplified sucked ass. The problem is the fuelRod is way overpowered in CTF.

Hydra on truth makes no sense. it's a small map. Nobody will pick it up that much.

Shit like this is really turning me off from Beyond. It's related to Pro League, it should be fine to talk about it in this thread. By all means talk about completely unrelated stuff like cereal, memes, and other random shit. But when it comes to talking about Halo, it's not allowed?

I'm sorry you feel that way but we would like to keep all debating confined to one thread so it is easier for people who are debating and it is easier for the 343 members who browse the forum to get feedback on the new gametypes if it's confined to one thread. We want people to discuss halo in this thread but please just save the debating for the other thread. We want to make everyone happy but that is pretty difficult to do, hope you understand! 

Understand the argument but in Halo 5's case, the competitive settings are the default settings, so it is more appropriate to have a streamlined thread where people can discuss the game's gameplay rather than having it mixed in with discussion about HCS competition. It makes it easier for people to express their opinions/debate, and also easier for 343 to take in feedback rather than having to sift through this thread.

We also receive many complaints when people get into heated settings debates in this thread, it detracts from the positive atmosphere that the community has developed here.

:beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 1

btw, whoever is writing these articles on gamurs, keep it up. real good #content

https://gamurs.com/articles/a-tale-of-two-ogres-the-greatest-halo-players-of-all-time

This was very well done.  Have not heard of this site before. I'll have to check it out a bit more.

Th-thanks... you too. 

But seriously, thanks I guess. I kind of rushed this because I kept pushing it off so it's not as good as it probably should have been, but I appreciate the support.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

:mj:

I wasn't calling everyone not ONyx 1600 a scrub. (I'm  not that high). Just saying that's how it feels on these forums. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuel rod isn't bad. The plasma caster was literally never used ever by the Pro's. Power weapon control is more exciting than pure precision weapon battles all game. Why do you think Onsluaght sucked ass. The problem is the fuelRod is way overpowered in CTF.

Mind your words. Just because you didn't like a map doesn't mean it was bad. I personally liked every h3 map and gametype.

New t2 video! He may be casting pro league

adding a thrust slide to insta lock ov and he coins it for himself? impressive.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I wasn't calling everyone not ONyx 1600 a scrub. (I'm  not that high). Just saying that's how it feels on these forums. :)

I'm not sure on the exact numbers for 1600, but halo5arena says my account (very low onyx) is Top 5% in Team Arena. In context, the 1600+ crowd is a super low proportion of the Halo population. Even more so, considering a lot of players don't even touch the playlist. 

Mind your words. Just because you didn't like a map doesn't mean it was bad. I personally liked every h3 map and gametype.

I knew you'd make a comment about that  :lxthul:

First the t2 combo, now this huh? smh #branding 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The question that should be on everyone's mind is - when will @@RyaNoob finally upload an avatar to Beyond?

It should just be the basic avatar but with a mop on it's head instead of the few hairs sticking up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whoa now I think you're asking too much here. At least not until Halo 7. :kappa:

Any scrims tonight? Really hoping to catch an nV scrim. I can't stay up late enough during the week to watch any of them.

I really hope we get RNG vrs NV for the sole fact that rayne and penguin will be in the same room

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they hated assault in general. One map that's it's good on doesn't quantify having it in the rotation.

Why not?. Back in H3 we only had 1 ball map in the rotation.