CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The saw made its way into pro league. I cant wait for the reactions.

One of the strangest decisions by far. Why not just move the newly-buffed caster to inside? I will never understand 343

I'm sure on here there are more plat/diamond guys than you think, but they are probably slower to talk about their rank just because they know a lot of guys on here are so good.

I'm constantly hovering high plat/diamond, but I really have no reason to talk about that when there are so many onyxes passing through these parts. 

That is true. I am High Diamond Low Onyx and I shake my head in amazement at the guys who soloed to Champion. Lol

SO MANY SLAYERS

Standard bo7 format is 3-2-2(ha) so that's 3 slayers, 2 flags, 2 strongholds per series which is a perfect ratio with 6-4-4.

I think there are more changes to come as they finalize the gametypes but I'm not 100% on that.

Good for them. Nothing wrong in being not great and still competing for the fun of it. 

I know. I was not putting them down at all. Everyone starts somewhere. I got ranked Gold 6 when I first started Halo 5.  I was simply pointing out how different the communities are. :)

To be honest I feel like a lot of people are going to be roasting the quantity of gametypes (14), but I think its amazing. 7-7 tied scrims are going to add so much fuel to debates regarding which team is better than others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be honest I feel like a lot of people are going to be roasting the quantity of gametypes (14), but I think its amazing. 7-7 tied scrims are going to add so much fuel to debates regarding which team is better than others.

I think I'd prefer something like 5 or 7 total gametypes. That way, it would be easier and less time consuming to sit through an entire scrim.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I'd prefer something like 5 or 7 total gametypes. That way, it would be easier and less time consuming to sit through an entire scrim.

That would get stale so fast in the tournament setting. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Standard bo7 format is 3-2-2(ha) so that's 3 slayers, 2 flags, 2 strongholds per series which is a perfect ratio with 6-4-4.

I think there are more changes to come as they finalize the gametypes but I'm not 100% on that.

I was leaning more towards "why are we still playing slayer at all in a competitive environment" than how to mix slayers and objectives in a series.

i dont like mod frosty.

i miss meme frosty.

rGjobT3.png

Working on a pro league meme video

• Upvote (+1) 8

I feel like now would be a good time to remind everyone to please discuss settings in the appropriate thread. No point to work hard on a post in this thread for it to be deleted when you can take it to the correct thread!  :simms:

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

To be fair, these are the settings that are going to be used in pro league.  I know this is the Pro League Teams, Seeds, and discussion thread but honestly this thread has everything to do with everything Pro league, not just teams and seeds.  This is the singular hub for professional competitive halo on TB and I'm ok with discussing how pro teams will react to settings changes made to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

To be fair, these are the settings that are going to be used in pro league.  I know this is the Pro League Teams, Seeds, and discussion thread but honestly this thread has everything to do with everything Pro league, not just teams and seeds.  This is the singular hub for professional competitive halo on TB and I'm ok with discussing how pro teams will react to settings changes made to the game.

Banned

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some discussion about the pro league settings is fine but once people start debating what would make settings better / what they think is the best it just becomes clutter. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Understand the argument but in Halo 5's case, the competitive settings are the default settings, so it is more appropriate to have a streamlined thread where people can discuss the game's gameplay rather than having it mixed in with discussion about HCS competition. It makes it easier for people to express their opinions/debate, and also easier for 343 to take in feedback rather than having to sift through this thread.

We also receive many complaints when people get into heated settings debates in this thread, it detracts from the positive atmosphere that the community has developed here.

:beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Understand the argument but in Halo 5's case, the competitive settings are the default settings, so it is more appropriate to have a streamlined thread where people can discuss the game's gameplay rather than having it mixed in with discussion about HCS competition. It makes it easier for people to express their opinions/debate, and also easier for 343 to take in feedback rather than having to sift through this thread.

We also receive many complaints when people get into heated settings debates in this thread, it detracts from the positive atmosphere that the community has developed here.

:beyond:

The real debate is when is Pegasus coming to Arena. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really excited about seeing fewer autos in comp. play, except for SAW *barfs*. Are these settings final for season 1 of Pro League, or could we see changes in the middle of the season?

Will also be interesting to see which teams gain from the new settings.