CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@ahawowow was suppose to plus rep my bad, new to this forum shit.

Fully agree with the fact he oozes more charisma then a lot of casters in eSports atm, one of the few people who can actually make the crouch auto fest that is halo 5 fun to watch. For me anyway; will be missed.

Upvoted for saying "crouch auto fest "
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just a low-tier solo queue Onyx player, but from my viewpoint Assault (the gametype :p) is difficult because of a few things. You have to go sit your ass in the enemy base to arm the ball, so it takes a lot of team work to slay, work up, slay, then sit and arm while you trust your team to slay again on respawn. Unlike CTF where you can slay a couple, grab the flag and dart yourself back towards your own team, it's a little more difficult to get the objective down. I feel like in comp we'd either see assault games that go 1-0, or games that end quickly because of superior slaying power.

I need friends to play with

• Upvote (+1) 1

Y'know, I really don't care if Goldenboy ever played a game of Halo in his life. He's still EONS more charismatic than anyone else Halo has had in the booth, bar Puckett, and single-handedly made boring matches fun to watch. The fact that he improved as much as he did and was as genuinely enthusiastic about Halo as he was only made him that much better.

I also think it's funny how the same people who bash Goldenboy's casting probably love the likes of Puckett and Dmaq, who weren't much better when it came to high-level knowledge.

Enjoy your Bravos and Strongsides everyone. You'll miss him soon.

If I could have a caster desk of three Simms I would and once I harvest his bodily fluids via undisclosed practices I will begin to clone him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHY IS ASSAULT BAD??? My gosh, you hear every pro complaining about it and I honestly don't hate it on some maps. I'm only High Diamond - low Onyx so I know I don't play it at a super high level, but I don't understand what's wrong with it. :/

It's the instant resets man. It usually takes 3+ spawn cycles to score a point. Matches take forever and the scores are low. You even get 0-0 ties after overtime. They simply need to tweak the reset system or get rid of it completely and things would be much better.

Spawn system could use some work too. Infact the spawn system makes the instant reset situation so bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

typically the spawns are cited as a major issue with the assault gametype.

Dear lord the spawns are awful.  Sometimes you get 3 or 4 down, start to arm, then they all spawn so close you get fucked and other times you spawn so far away when there is just one guy trying to sneaky-arm it that you also get fucked. Or lucky depending on you POV.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Working on my caster power rankings as we speak article should be up on the front page by the end of this week. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm still 99% sure no one bought the org.  It was just a massive failure and he wants to sound like he came out on top in the end.  There is no way in hell that a business deal like that would be initiated over XBL by any serious buyer.

I feel sorry for the employees and the players.  But seeing all of this come out now, I think everyone who was screwed over by him will eventually realize that cutting ties with him was a blessing.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If I could have a caster desk of three Simms I would and once I harvest his bodily fluids via undisclosed practices I will begin to clone him. 

KriegerTheShow

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played vs you lots of time in Slayer. You use the bunny emblem, as soon as i see it i know im in for a gangbang.

My yellow and purple bunny inflicts fear into the soul of opponents.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Working on my caster power rankings as we speak article should be up on the front page by the end of this week. 

Let me help you out friend.

69. Unbreakable

420. FrankTheShow

Niiiiiice

• Upvote (+1) 3

-Snip-

Your first mistake was all this noble-esque type leadership.

Your second mistake was coming off as a complete dumb ass in a PR related post. Seriously, what were you thinking?

Your third mistake was screwing over a handful of pro's in the Halo community.

But your biggest mistake? That was when you publicly attacked one of the most well known and liked contributors in this community...in the communities hub.

I genuinely hope you never work in eSports again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@@mediabrute Good luck to whatever is on the horizon. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and let you know if I come across anything in the future.

@ Every Pro/AM Player: PLEASE do your due diligence to investigate a potential sponsor. Anybody can write up a phony contract or present themselves as official. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure you're to be represented well. Talk to a lawyer, a teacher, or even your parents. I know its tempting to sign a dotted line ASAP, but we've seen time and time again what has happened to players in these situations.

For every one Connor/Allegiance, There are ten Brian/Soul's. Find yourself a Connor, not a Brian.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm still 99% sure no one bought the org.  It was just a massive failure and he wants to sound like he came out on top in the end.  There is no way in hell that a business deal like that would be initiated over XBL by any serious buyer.

I feel sorry for the employees and the players.  But seeing all of this come out now, I think everyone who was screwed over by him will eventually realize that cutting ties with him was a blessing.

I somewhat agree. It's just strange that he wouldn't just start building up again using the same name though. I wouldn't call the org a massive failure just because he had to replace his cod team and his halo team didn't qualify. Plus it looks like he's planning on starting another company so it wouldn't make sense to ditch the name that at least had some recognition, just to start from scratch again. 

The whole thing is weird and it hurts my head thinking about it. My guess is he's either getting scammed or the buyer is just a rich 'kid' who wants to start an org (since the offer came via xbl). 

Your first mistake was all this noble-esque type leadership.

Your second mistake was coming off as a complete dumb ass in a PR related post. Seriously, what were you thinking?

Your third mistake was screwing over a handful of pro's in the Halo community.

But your biggest mistake? That was when you publicly attacked one of the most well known and liked contributors in this community...in the communities hub.

I genuinely hope you never work in eSports again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@@mediabrute Good luck to whatever is on the horizon. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and let you know if I come across anything in the future.

@ Every Pro/AM Player: PLEASE do your due diligence to investigate a potential sponsor. Anybody can write up a phony contract or present themselves as official. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure you're to be represented well. Talk to a lawyer, a teacher, or even your parents. I know its tempting to sign a dotted line ASAP, but we've seen time and time again what has happened to players in these situations.

For every one Connor/Allegiance, There are ten Brian/Soul's. Find yourself a Connor, not a Brian.

It was my fault for never looking over everyones contract, but with Brian's consistent unreliability it was hard to even get a hold of him. I think with the article being posted people will get more of a insight. John has been more then patient and professional in this whole matter. We both have been discussing for weeks the ending of Soul we knew it was coming. But we also had some type of hope since Brians "connections" in Halo. But we can all see how idiotic this guy is to screw over someone like @@mediabrute who is known in this community. I really do apologize to the players  i honestly thought brian took care of each and every one of them. This experience will help me take a lot more caution moving forward and make sure players are protected in all the organizations i work for or run.  Thank you to everyone showing @@mediabrute and the players support, they deserve it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I also had 0 knowledge of the whole Randa situation till yesterday, to even do that to our sponsor Main Team Elevate where Mr.SixTen used to "coach" is just ridiculous. 

@@ahawowow was suppose to plus rep my bad, new to this forum shit.

Fully agree with the fact he oozes more charisma then a lot of casters in eSports atm, one of the few people who can actually make the crouch auto fest that is halo 5 fun to watch. For me anyway; will be missed.

Yeah, it's probably hard for a caster who's a veteran of more skilled halo games to get genuinely excited about people spraying their ARs in close range like a startled skunk. In that way, I think Goldenboy is good for the game because he has infectious enthusiasm for any game he casts.
  • Downvote (-1) 3