CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone talked about nadeshot's new team, how about Sodapoppin's new org :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First of all I didn't donate to Randa he knows that and he still thinks I did it he is a fucking loser.

Well when you put it like that...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just going to start my own org. Won't be shady at all. All players will be under contract and have the privilege to carry me in MM. 

I'll give everyone a t-shirt that I'll personally draw a sick design on with a sharpie and sign it. 

On the real, it seems like there are way too many orgs popping up, getting a team for a month or so, and then disappearing. I see orgs left and right on twitter.

There's good and bad that come with it, but I think too many people are trying to start "orgs" and failing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Same. If I was rich or moderately well off or had money I'd start a Halo org. I'd try and put together best team of AM players and see what happens. Plus I'd want to get into quad copter racing. Gotta diversify.

Damon-Get-OUtta-My-Head-GIF-TVD-6x21-143

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seem to recall an instance back in the Halo Reach days before MLG Orlando, where Mikwen kept getting hit offline night after night preventing Turning Point from practicing.  It eventually subsided, but I recall the forum uproar had pointed fingers at the coach of another team that was going to be in Turning Point's group at Orlando as the culprit in what appeared to be nightly DDoSing.

Turning Point's group for Orlando included Infamous, Warriors, and Severance.

Though, those claims were denied heavily and when Mikwen was finally able to get online and play again, everyone kinda forgot about it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

On an HCS note, are pros/anyone really actually in favour of the fuel rod or is it just being tossed on truth cause reasons?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seem to recall an instance back in the Halo Reach days before MLG Orlando, where Mikwen kept getting hit offline night after night preventing Turning Point from practicing

I just got Vietnam-esque flashbacks to H2A, when pretty much no teams could play. 

Shady shit like this is going to keep happening, not just in Halo but in most esports. Hopefully the damage to the players can be minimized so they can focus on playing instead of all of the b/s outside of the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On an HCS note, are pros/anyone really actually in favour of the fuel rod or is it just being tossed on truth cause reasons?

I think 343 noticed that people were ignoring the Caster, so they wanted to add a more powerful power weapon so people would use it. Now if they made the right decision or not can be debated. 

I might sound crazy but a sniper would be kinda fun on Truth. (Judging from the Fiesta weeks.

I think 343 noticed that people were ignoring the Caster, so they wanted to add a more powerful power weapon so people would use it. Now if they made the right decision or not can be debated. 

I might sound crazy but a sniper would be kinda fun on Truth. (Judging from the Fiesta weeks.

Well they buffed the caster to make it amazing, then replaced it with the fuel rod.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone explain to me how an org even makes money? At least in halo I don't see how it is possible outside of maybe the top 3 teams?

Can someone explain to me how an org even makes money? At least in halo I don't see how it is possible outside of maybe the top 3 teams?

Sponsors.

Sponsors.

And, at the very highest level with brands like TSM or OpTic, merchandise. But they have to move a lot of merch to make decent money off of it. 

Teams also take a portion of streaming revenue (at least, they used to), but that also is only a sizable amount of when you're dealing with big numbers. 

Are pros allowed to talk bad about 343's maps? I mean, aren't they afraid of getting fired from the pro league?