CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We should just ask @@Vivi instead of wondering tbh.

Are CLG going to be the red team for every series they play in pro league (IE: making them a 1st seed)?

Or will every team be playing the same number of series on red/blue team (IE: No seeds)?

I can't think of any other way to decide colors than seeds. Unless they just coin flipped at ESL studios or something 

(oh wait that's how 343 balances map changes) 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We should just ask @@Vivi instead of wondering tbh.

Are CLG going to be the red team for every series they play in pro league (IE: making them a 1st seed)?

Or will every team be playing the same number of series on red/blue team (IE: No seeds)?

It would be nice to have clarification, but seeding would be silly in a league setting...

My take on this is "Red" is akin to being Home team and the first four teams to make Pro League have Home games on Opening Day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i was thinking top seeds got red side for week 1 and that after that it will alternate 

but that's just speculation obv

• Upvote (+1) 1

bit early for week one predictions, but what the hell here are mine:

e6 over rng

alg over nvy

clg over optic

eg over liquid

e6 over nvy

clg over liquid

rng over alg

eg over optic

Have Rig TS/Truth TS been removed from the competitive settings?

Settings still aren't final, as far as we know. 

Once they are, they'll publish the news on their outlets like Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The power rankings have me seriously confused, 

• How is E6 not second - they not only hammered renegades 7-0 in a scrim but also were 1 game away from beating CLG. That is evidently more impressive than anything EG has done recently. (I THINK some voters are still holding Pax East over them which is moronic but I won't directly accuse z individuals,)
  • How on god's green earth is RNG 4th - they were a disaster this week, losing 7-0 to E6, bickering with each other, looked suspect at Burbank. How are they 3 places above ALG. This is favouritism at its finest. THEY LOST EVERY SCRIM THIS WEEK!
  • The renegades call was questionable but to put liquid in 5th place is Insanity (I want what you guys are smoking). They were not even ranked last week ffs. Granted they looked impressive this Sunday but against AM's . It is disrespectful to other team's in the league to move Liquid this high. Sure they beat RNG but they are falling apart. This is highly disrespectful to both Envyus and Allegiance, they just qualified for the league and beat 1 pro team and you put them over NV and ALG, where is that logic coming from.
  • ALG hasn't scrimmaged they drop 2 places, RNG looses 3 scrims and they drop 1

GREAT LOGIC GUYS BRAVO, it seems it doesn't matter about the size of the sample, it is still just a popularity contest

Dude, these are imaginary power rankings for a video game based on forum votes.  Calm down.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I can't think of any other way to decide colors than seeds. Unless they just coin flipped at ESL studios or something

Why can't they just alternate? The same way sports teams do with home/away games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Their logic is completely biased and flawed and they had the audacity to say @@VinFTW's community power rankings would be a popularity contest.

Theirs makes zero sense, but is supposed to be more valid and based on the facts, well it appears theirs is just as biased if not more than the community one, as one biased/uninformed individuals vote carries much more weight than the community power rankings. It is the hypocrisy that triggered me. Someone please prove me wrong and whip out some statistics that warrant RNG only losing 1 place and Liquid leap frogging 4 teams in a week.

To be fair, that was just Infinity and Frank. aPK respects the process I'm doing. Even offered some feedback on my first week. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Their logic is completely biased and flawed and they had the audacity to say @@VinFTW's community power rankings would be a popularity contest.

Theirs makes zero sense, but is supposed to be more valid and based on the facts, well it appears theirs is just as biased if not more than the community one, as one biased/uninformed individuals vote carries much more weight than the community power rankings. It is the hypocrisy that triggered me. Someone please prove me wrong and whip out some statistics that warrant RNG only losing 1 place and Liquid leap frogging 4 teams in a week.

They??. I was the shitposter who said that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not surprised to see EG above E6 as I think E6 still needs to be proven on LAN more.

Optic has proven that online scrim results are not the most important thing to determine a team's success.

A strong performance against CLG is nice, though.

Ranking for the week shouldn't just be about the week but include past history to an extent.

Super interesting to see all 4 members of the former allegiance qualify on separate teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

REMINDER: The HCS Power Rankings are just people's opinion, they are not Gods word on it.

Maybe I'm desensitized from following various sports power rankings for many years. Of course people are going to have different opinions on teams and whatnot. Everyone isn't going to always agree unless it's CLG, this isn't something new guys.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would watch the shit out of a Halo eSports History original series on The Halo Channel.

Just sayin'.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I mean, if every team plays the other twice, it would be super reasonable to do one set on each color. The same way you have each team play home and away in football (soccer) leagues. Seeding is more of a tournament tool than a league tool. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Infinity When Challenger League info comes out, will there be a separate thread, or will this thread be for both?

Is there enough interest for one? In the heyday of the MLG forums the AM thread was pretty terrible with ego's and shit posts (like another level).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Playlists are democratic. They live and die on population, however you can be sure we'll be taking those options and toggles very seriously, including map layouts and design. However launch playlists will be fairly focused, and the emergent styles and likes of the real competitive and tourney scene will likely push playlists too.

Just wanted to post this somewhere

Is there enough interest for one? In the heyday of the MLG forums the AM thread was pretty terrible with ego's and shit posts (like another level).

Please keep it as the same thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would watch the shit out of a Halo eSports History original series on The Halo Channel.

Just sayin'.

youtube walshys halo history, its actually very nostalgic and entertaining to listen to

• Upvote (+1) 5

The power rankings have me seriously ctb onfused, 

• How is E6 not second - they not only hammered renegades 7-0 in a scrim but also were 1 game away from beating CLG. That is evidently more impressive than anything EG has done recently. (I THINK some voters are still holding Pax East over them which is moronic but I won't directly accuse z individuals,)

one thing to keep in mind is that the TB power rankings mean literally nothing, it's just like a mediocre forum post with terrible reasoning ... random opinions, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1