CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What if I told you that you could kill a meme before it had a chance to leave the nest?

ESPN 30 for 30 presents Moa's Memes

I kill many memes.

It's just a good thing that there's always more out there.

I don't think it'll matter whether it's LAN or an Online tournament.

If I'm not mistaken, the only tournament they've been beaten in since forming was a TeamBeyond tournament, where they lost to Liquid with APG.

Other tournaments they've swept their pools where they were the highest seed.

I hope you're right. Still, scrimming only once in a week has got to affect their placing ceiling in some way.

Edit: Was looking at https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/team-arena-summer-preview. Is SAW still on Empire SH? SMH

SAW is a test weapon and won't make it through unless the Pro's give it the okay, which I doubt they will.

Still, they should be using the time to test other weapons there. Maybe Plasma Caster? Outside of map/turbine was already pretty strong, and now it has OS spawning there. Need something to balance the sides out. Or maybe Camo in back tower. 

Looking at the link I posted, looks like we have 17 possible gametypes. 12 we already had, Truth TS replaced with Truth Assault, plus Stasis CTF/TS & Tyrant Assault/CTF. 

What would everyone here like to see? I'd like the 12 + Truth Assault, along with Tyrant Assault & Stasis CTF, for a total of 15 gametypes.

Also, are pro league matches B05? 

Still, they should be using the time to test other weapons there. Maybe Plasma Caster? Outside of map/turbine was already pretty strong, and now it has OS spawning there. Need something to balance the sides out. Or maybe Camo in back tower. 

Looking at the link I posted, looks like we have 17 possible gametypes. 12 we already had, Truth TS replaced with Truth Assault, plus Stasis CTF/TS & Tyrant Assault/CTF. 

What would everyone here like to see? I'd like the 12 + Truth Assault, along with Tyrant Assault & Stasis CTF, for a total of 15 gametypes.

This is conversation for the Settings Thread.

And everyone is assuming League matches are going to be BO5

• Downvote (-1) 3

Top comment is par for the course:

"Well considering that no one really gives a shit about Halo anymore, if he wants to make a name for himself again, he needs a new venue."

I know we are a long way from We Back but god damn do people like to hate on Halo. I'm sure the only reason he says that no one gives a shit about Halo is because HE stopped giving a shit about Halo during Reach and never bothered to check back. That's something that bums me out so much about the esports scene. Everyone is so quick to tear everyone else's things down as if multiple esport titles can't exist at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Allegiance getting no love they are extremely underrated

That is even better for them if people sleep on them and they surprise with upsets or close games. Can't wait for first week of Pro League.

Infinity-

Did you put elevate at the 8th position because this was made before the LCQ or do you still have faith in them some how?

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's about to be a new meta coming to Fathom CTF. 

I like the Plasma Caster because its a fine weapon, but it was always abandoned on Truth. It wasn't used until last few LCQ matches where it proved her worth. I'm surprised people use Hydra at least more than I expected.

Top comment is par for the course:

"Well considering that no one really gives a shit about Halo anymore, if he wants to make a name for himself again, he needs a new venue."

I know we are a long way from We Back but god damn do people like to hate on Halo. I'm sure the only reason he says that no one gives a shit about Halo is because HE stopped giving a shit about Halo during Reach and never bothered to check back. That's something that bums me out so much about the esports scene. Everyone is so quick to tear everyone else's things down as if multiple esport titles can't exist at the same time.

I mean sure we aren't, "back" per se but considering at peak around 18k were watching LCQ I think its safe to say Halo is not irrelevant. Halo 5 is really fun to watch and its well supported. Unlike HCS S1 and S2 Pros aren't grumbling and everything isn't crumbling. TImes are up.

E6 was one kill away from beating CLG in a scrim and they still get 3rd? Be back in a few, gonna go buy a pitchfork.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Infinity-

Did you put elevate at the 8th position because this was made before the LCQ or do you still have faith in them some how?

It was actually less about eLv being Top 8 and more about the sour taste I had from ALG.

I respect ALG a lot and probably think they are Top 4-6 overall (I even gave them the benefit of the doubt last week with no scrims), but I just can't give them a decent rank with two weeks of no high-level practice. New settings, eLv performing well over the past two weeks, and other teams getting better and better isn't a good look for them.

The power rankings are weekly so if a LAN were to happen right now, I wouldn't put ALG in good standings. Hope that's a decent explanation. I hope they turn it around in the coming weeks for League play.

I kill many memes.

It's just a good thing that there's always more out there.

the only meme that can never be killed and may possibly be the dankest meme ever posted on beyond is....

nqbbm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

the only meme that can never be killed and may possibly be the dankest meme ever posted on beyond is....

nqbbm.jpg

lmao

Negged for not posting Wake Me Up Inside

cant wake up

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is conversation for the Settings Thread.

And everyone is assuming League matches are going to be BO5

I mean, it's pretty clear my post was about what people would like to see as official gametypes for HCS pro league / how many. Didn't think it was that irrelevant given that the forums are slow right now. 

Edit: maybe it wasn't that clear lol  :poop:

• Upvote (+1) 1