CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So by that logic are we just never going to bring back Final Boss until they can acquire the best team in every esport? Just pick up CLG Halo, Optic CoD, SKT, Luminosity etc. fuck it yolo. And when they start to fall off? Drop them immediately and pick up the new "best team"

...or, perhaps a more pragmatic possibility, bring back Final Boss, be happy that at least they're back as an org because it'd be cool to bring it back for SO many reasons, and grow it organically. Because it's a cool-ass name and because it's awesome to see such a storied Halo team make their return (not only in Halo but eventually pick up other esports as well)

Today's Bulls don't tarnish the legacy of the 96 Bulls. It's such an absurd argument I can't even believe I'm replying to it

You are never going to understand the mystique of the Final Boss name.

This isnt an "org" this is a group of specific players (Ogres and Walshy) the name cant live without them, they were the Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Today's Bulls don't tarnish the legacy of the 96 Bulls. It's such an absurd argument I can't even believe I'm replying to it

"absurd argument"

You just compared a 4-person Halo team that for the vast majority of its duration had Ogre 2 on the roster, to an NBA team that has spanned multiple decades.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Currently in a hotel room while some work is done to my house. All I have is this thread to keep me sane.

tumblr_m60zroljau1qzuy7bo1_500.gif

Enjoy that hotel room  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely realize the history behind then name but I think you're forgetting that the final boss name struggled through a good portion of halo 3 and ogre 2 left a struggling final boss in halo reach. Can't really remember but I don't think any form of final boss did well from there on out. I wouldn't say "ever" either I mean the games only been out what like 7 months? That's a whole different argument though.

You mean MLG forced FiS/Victory to keep FB when everyone on both teams wanted things to be different iirc in Reach.

Ogre 2 just said he will be streaming full time. So there is at least some good news from the whole situation.

He's also disgusting at CE so there's that :sunglasses:

• Upvote (+1) 2

You are never going to understand the mystique of the Final Boss name.

This isnt an "org" this is a group of specific players (Ogres and Walshy) the name cant live without them, they were the Final Boss.

if you're saying that nothing short of the ogres and walshy returning would warrant Final Boss returning, then we'll just have to agree to disagree lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

So by that logic are we just never going to bring back Final Boss until they can acquire the best team in every esport? Just pick up CLG Halo, Optic CoD, SKT, Luminosity etc. fuck it yolo. And when they start to fall off? Drop them immediately and pick up the new "best team"

t

This is literally how every sports organization is ran. Or do you think is a coincidence that Real Madrid/Barcelona have stayed on top for all this decades, they literally drop bad players and get better players when they aren't number 1.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

if you're saying that nothing short of the ogres and walshy returning would warrant Final Boss returning, then we'll just have to agree to disagree lol

no, but the point is that, for nearly all of Final Boss' existence, they were THE team to beat. It's not a long-term sports franchise that was there long before Jordan and will be long after. It rose and fell with the Ogres and Walshy. I don't know if you were much into the MLG scene back then, but the electricity in the air was palpable whenever the Final Boss sat down and picked up the sticks together.

Even when they weren't the "clear cut" favorite, that feeling you got was unmistakable. For a lot of fans, Final Boss was more than team success. It was an emotion and an idea that people want to live on into eternity.

No offense to Renegades, because I really like them, and they're quite good. But I don't think they'd be a team many would accept as the next iteration of FB. To be honest, I'm not even sure *what* current combo of players would elicit that feeling. It's not just skill. It's obviously very subjective, but Ninja and VicX already had the FB name once, and it didn't turn out well.

Lotta discussion about power weapons, specifically the hydra, lately. Makes me wonder why the Grenade launcher from halo reach never came back. I'd prefer it to both the hydra and plasma caster, having the element of timing the explosion to me seems like a skill rather than spamming the trigger for the caster or hydra

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lotta discussion about power weapons, specifically the hydra, lately. Makes me wonder why the Grenade launcher from halo reach never came back. I'd prefer it to both the hydra and plasma caster, having the element of timing the explosion to me seems like a skill rather than spamming the trigger for the caster or hydra

That's because we have to make different things for the sake of being different obviously. What game do you think this is? /s I think we've been asking for the Reach grenade launcher since it was first found to not be included in H4. I don't even like it that much but I can respect that it offered a weapon with a real niche that took some sort of talent to use effectively. It was actually interesting at the very least

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic: 80k viewers in Liriks stream watching Overwatch menu.

i remember when MCC came out lirik was saying how shitty it was, and it turned out phil spencer was watching the stream

i love that guy <3

• Upvote (+1) 1