CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes.

Rosters for the teams are locked, save for medical or emergency situations.

We should have an announcement soon, like, couple of days hopefully.

So way I'm reading it is that aPG would not be able to play unless someone else was hurt or emergency?

Not what I said :) said rosters are currently locked. 

Ah ok thought you meant that they are locked for the season.

Either way its good. Should be allowed to make changes at the halfway point or something.

So way I'm reading it is that aPG would not be able to play unless someone else was hurt or emergency?

Assault is subbing in for APG because APG has a concussion.

Pretty sure there will be periods where teams can make changes and/or add players to their roster (like a bench)

Assault is subbing in for APG because APG has a concussion.

Lol yes I know everything about the situation but they weren't qualified when this happened. Haven't seen anything from esl that confirms that aPG can have his spot back. Assault said he could but idk if esl will allow it.

Congrats to Liquid for snagging the Pro League spot. Really well deserved after all the adversity they have faced lately. 

Observer mode is coming any day.

We don't know if it's coming to retail.

Because Game of Thrones of course. 

:fire:  :fire:  :fire:  :fire:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure there will be periods where teams can make changes and/or add players to their roster (like a bench)

I hope you are correct, good sir.

Liquid requested that Assault sub due to aPG still having some of his concussion symptoms. Assault is considered a sub for this qualifier, with aPG being on the roster. Liquid have not communicated that Assault is a permanent member of the team and if they request that, it would have to be considered by ESL/343.

Ohh. Thank you so much for clarification. That's good to hear.

Liquid requested that Assault sub due to aPG still having some of his concussion symptoms. 

For those unfamiliar, concussions are really serious.

There have been times that athletes players have had their careers ended by them. Recently a player in the NFL was discussing having symptoms from one 6 months later still.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just woke up from an unexpected nap.

Elevate vs OpTic for the last Pro League spot, correct?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. 

Rosters for the teams are locked, save for medical or emergency situations. 

We should have an announcement soon, like, couple of days hopefully. 

So we can expect a leak tomorrow  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There have been times that athletes players have had their careers ended by them, recently a player in the NFL was discussing having symptoms from one 6 months later still.

Sidney Crosby too. He was out for almost two years. Best player in the NHL when it happened to him. Really put the spotlight on the concussion issue in hockey with that. Rules have been changed and such to try and eliminate headshots.

I hope you are correct, good sir.

Vivi just implied as much :P.

• Upvote (+1) 4

7 months later, and still spectator mode doesn't accurately show the crosshairs.

Spectator mode suffering from a concussion confirmed??? :kappa:

(I'm just joking pls don't kill me I know they're very serious)

• Upvote (+1) 5

There have been times that athletes players have had their careers ended by them. Recently a player in the NFL was discussing having symptoms from one 6 months later still.

Yup, I had a concussion in 2013 and PCS is one of the worst things ever to deal with. I had to get a shot in my hip to help deal with the symptoms, can be a real bitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am currently experiencing symptoms from a concussion that happened in Jan 2015 (~1.5 years ago). So concussions can be super serious. Get well soon aPG

• Upvote (+1) 6

Spectator mode suffering from a concussion confirmed??? :kappa:

(I'm just joking pls don't kill me I know they're very serious)

This is also one of those posts that will either be negged to shit or plus'd to shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1