CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sniping has never been so easy? EHHHHHH Hem this thing begs to differ.maxresdefault.jpg

TRUEEEE. But that wasn't used in comp right? I still think that was a little easier though, only because the H5 magnetism is even higher than what H4 had.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Show me the evidence

Eh, as Snipe Three said, I rethought it and it's not worth talking to you about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sniping in this game is not as easy as people make it out to be. Unless it's btb or you're playing against bad kids who ignore you, you'll usually not have a chance to set up and actually do work. Even if you do get that chance movement in this game is so weird and unpredictable it's very difficult to hit people who are aware of you sniping.

Halo 3 sniping was honestly easier than Halo 5. People moved so slow and predictable lining up no scopes was incredibly easy and unless you are being descoped you'll hit your target 90% of the time.

So as long as you have the respawn timers set to 4-5 minutes there won't be any problems.

If any power weapon is OP it's the rockets. They spawn every 2 minutes and are the easiest kills you can imagine.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Halo 3 sniping was honestly easier than Halo 5.

Holy shit I have never read a more inaccurate statement. Are you kidding me? Lol.

And btw if anything rockets are underpowered. Their blast radius isn't as big as it needs to be because of the H5 movement options. Most people will go after the sniper over the rockets in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People saying that h5 sniper is easier than H2, lol the nostalgia is at full swing boyz.

Who are you and why are you here?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wait.... what? I've been a consistent H3 hater, but the H3 sniper is by far the hardest of any halo game.

I've never had trouble sniping in H3 because of how slow everyone moves.

In H5 in a heated arena game people will be moving all over the place which makes it harder to hit shots. Sure in btb or warzone where no one is aware of you sniping is a joke but I don't know why everyone thinks it takes no skill.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

When everyone's talking about how easy the H5 sniper is but you still can't hit shots....

giphy.gif

I know that feeling, everytime I try and play Team Snipers to improve they take the playlist down after 10 minutes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If sniping is so easy in H5 why doesn't every average Joe have a montage of him pulling off crazy Royal 2 like clips?

Becaues I got tired of recording clips every forty seconds :kappa:

Seriously though, I do remember my first three or four times grabbing snipe pulling off crazy no scopes, yet I still rarely hit no scopes in H2A. Scoping in was easy in H2A, but it's easy in H5 as well. At least for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Becaues I got tired of recording clips every forty seconds :kappa:

Seriously though, I do remember my first three or four times grabbing snipe pulling off crazy no scopes, yet I still rarely hit no scopes in H2A. Scoping in was easy in H2A, but it's easy in H5 as well. At least for me.

No-scopes in H2A were hard as hell. 0-aim assist just like CE/H2. Halo 5 is about the same as H2A when scoped, and probably H3 or Reach w/o scope. (not quite as easy as H4).

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Sun on Tyrant looks like it could unbalance the map by making it harder to look in one of the directions? Won't know more 'till we see gameplay I suppose

I'm sure the sun is on the right/left of the starting bases. 

as a former montage kid:

Halo 5 sniping is easier in terms of shots registering and the hit box, but I personally find it hard to actually get set up and start sniping people due to the movement. Halo 3 sniper is still harder overall though imo. And way more fun to use. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If sniping is so easy in H5 why doesn't every average Joe have a montage of him pulling off crazy Royal 2 like clips?

The same reason CoD pros have better shots than average players. Everything has a skill gap. How wide the gap is, is what makes something more or less competitive. The Halo 5 sniper has a smaller skill gap than past titles.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No-scopes in H2A were hard as hell. 0-aim assist just like CE/H2. Halo 5 is about the same as H2A when scoped, and probably H3 or Reach w/o scope. (not quite as easy as H4).

H2/A sniper could also be mistaken for a machine gun with its RoF. A lot of the time going for two body shots was easier than headshots.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Q&A stream rn. twitch.tv/cntra

Cant watch this, can someone provide updates of what he says, relating to Denial Roster or any other team changes

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't mean to be that guy (especially since I contributed), but the sniper discussion really should be had on the halo 5 guardians thread.

tumblr_lxelmmjuWx1r8058ko1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Have I missed something or has Denial still not mentioned anything about their roster?
Surely Bubu's internet isn't that bad!

Have I missed something or has Denial still not mentioned anything about their roster?

Surely Bubu's internet isn't that bad!

His internets back im pretty sure, rumors are Huke dropped, Cntra and Devon back on roster, but just rumors so far

The same reason CoD pros have better shots than average players. Everything has a skill gap. How wide the gap is, is what makes something more or less competitive. The Halo 5 sniper has a smaller skill gap than past titles.

I don't agree with that. Someone who was dogshit at sniping in H3 will be dogshit at sniping in H5. An average H3 sniper won't be any better at sniping in H5. The mechanics are completely different and they have similar skill gaps. It's no where near as easy as people make it out to be.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Cant watch this, can someone provide updates of what he says, relating to Denial Roster or any other team changes

So far from Contra:

Contra Devon and Bubu Dubu are a To3 currently, still with Denial supposedly.

He made the benching ordeal sound like a miscommunication with the Denial guy that spiraled out of control. They wanted to replace Huke with someone else...Denial took it as, "we aren't going to play unless you get rid of Huke." 

The team's reasoning for wanting to get rid of Huke was mostly communication problems and them not seeing improvement.

*Edited for clarification