CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

One could compare this to when SK dropped Pistola and 2gre swooped in and grabbed him as he saw Ola's potential. Cratos and Bubu did the same thing here lol.

Edit: before the inevitable are you comparing ola and huke, no I am not, just comparing situations.

Ola was pretty established at this point and most felt SK was dropping one of the best in the game. There wasn't any potential for OG2 to see.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As someone who this community has often branded an "Ogre2 hater", his retirement has actually made me really sad. I've enjoyed rooting against him as a perpetual rival of my team for years. The esport won't be the same for me without that.

Would you say he was the Batman to your Joker?

Hi I think im in the right place im looking for a green name :)

welcome to the master race

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seems like a fair system to me. Its not like there is anything stopping people from individually trating them as pros despite maybe not having a pro player title.

Ola was pretty established at this point and most felt SK was dropping one of the best in the game. There wasn't any potential for OG2 to see.

I am not really comparing notoriety, I was saying OLA, wasn't necessarily known for being the greatest 4v4 player at that time, he was known to be an incredibly skilled individual player, but lacked some 4v4 knowledge, (I am aware he had won tournaments prior to being dropped) and that was why I was comparing the two, obviously it was a different scenario but still somewhat similar.  

• Downvote (-1) 3

Wake up to see ogre 2 has retired and EU players are getting their pro statuses on TB.

Lawwwddd  :laughing:

According to eSportspedia, Ogre 2 won 8 out of 11 4v4 tournaments in H1 and only placed out of the 2 (3rd) in his first tournament). He won the last H1 tournament.

In H2 4v4, he won 23 out of 29 while getting 2nd in the others and I think one of those was a slayer only tournament. He also won the last tournament in that.

In H3 4v4, he won the first tournament, had a "slump" where he only placed outside of the top 8 once, and then won 3 tournaments in a row including the last tournament.

In Reach bloom and sprint 4v4, he won 3 out of 6 tournaments including the last tournament of that game. In the only nbns tournament he narrowly got second. He then won what I think was the last AGL nbns tournament but obviously that didn't hold the same prestige as MLG.

In H4, he decided not to pollute himself by competing in that except for the cheatvitational tournament at the beggining of the game.

In H2A, he won 1 out of 8 and got 2nd in 5 others.

He also never lost a 2v2 with Ogre 1 on his team, one another 2v2 tournament with strangepurple, and never placed lower than 3rd-4th.

Finally, he also won 4 Ffa/1v1 competitions.

No hidden messages this time; this guy was just the best to ever play the halo series

The GOAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Ogre 2 offically retired, that means the only remaining original member of Final Boss has retired. This org and player has brought some of my favorite moments throughout competitive halo. The legacy of both the org and player will never be forgotten. Here are three montages show casing some of the best moments from halo 1 halo 2 and halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo5Arena is saying 6-6, was the final score 7-6 CLG?

Yep 7-6 CLG - I think they played a game of Truth assault that is not showing on Halo5Arena (Which CLG won 3-0)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If MLG allowed this I'd cream myself. Would be soooo good, and so many amazing teams would want to play under that brand. Here's to hoping.

Or perhaps it should be given as a title--something to be given to the best team of the moment. Like CLG Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 2

right, it wasn't really a brilliant pickup so much as the obvious thing to do when TD dropped Pistola and wanted to pick up Totz (from FB).  more of a player exchange ... I still, to this day, cannot believe that SK/Neighbor decided to drop probably the best pro player for probably the worst pro player

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well good morning guys, I had a horrible nightmare last night that Ogre 2 retired.... Oh it wasn't a dream?  :huh:

As one of Ogre 2's biggest fans since 2005 I really hope to see him stay in the Halo scene in some capacity. No one will ever surpass his accomplishments in competitive console fps. Idc about what pros have earned the most money. Dominating the scene for as long as he did is damn impressive and he will be sorely missed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now that Ogre2 is retired, which active player has the most LAN wins?

My guess would be Snipedown? I haven't actually looked into it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1