CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I swear the way this thread talks about H5 & it's characteristics you'd think everyone is a pro

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I swear the way this thread talks about H5 & it's characteristics you'd think everyone is a pro

Lots of players commenting here are high ranked.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

You are 100% right for this game, but why are we rewarding people for having the right gun out instead of rewarding people for having superior aiming skills. 

could look at it that way (I do mostly as well), but you could also look at it as punishing the other guy for not having awareness and getting his better-suited weapon out.

Fact is, if both of them make the correct decision to pull out the proper weapon, be it an SMG, AR, or Sto-

Sorry, went and puked a bit. If both have their proper weapon out, then it *does* become more about the superior aiming/thrusting/strafing skills.

For those who think that pistol only starts would make the game only about aiming and not about positioning, let me give you a scenario:

I don't think a single person has said anything even close to that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For context, he said he was talking only about the games that he has played competitively at the highest level, which are Halo 3, Reach, 4, 2A, and 5.

He also said that H2A takes the least skill, take that as you will pertaining to how he would feel about the original H2 if he played it competitively.

I doubt he'd rank it the same, since H2C definitely took more skill than H2A. More maps/gametypes, button combos,and more of a focus on individual play. H2A was pretty different, even if it was a remaster.

Updated list.

What Europe is looking like right now

Qualified for Pro League:

XMEN - Jimbo, Chalkie, Tufoxy, Snipedrone

Online Warriors - Mose, Respectful, Kimbo, Snakey

Qualified for LCQ:

Deception - Batchford, Doodle, Phlux, Warlord

Vitality - Talic, Puni, HBorg, Fragxr

Pulse - SolaR, KrYsTaLx, CxLii, slgslg31

PENTA - Alpha, Septic, Mentlan, Anima

Dinosaurs - BUK 20, BUK 57, Qristola, Flamez

Realest Tins - Ramirez, Lunny, Riotz, Speed

True Fighters Gaming - Asko, Sica, DeMoN, Mephisto

Team Menace - Alec, Mersu, SystematiC, ZaoC

Bens Coffe LADS - Godshot, Vard, Hollers, Havoc

Better Than Average - A Sneaky Walrus, LooneyDogzz, Tide, Genius

Team Orbit.Halo - Blajnd, Quicksilver, Teyobb, Graham

Fantastic4 - Zypperi, Solace, goosetime, RQMPAGE

Vicious & Delicious - Baxter, MJPeat, BlackJack, Mallzie

dzs.Halo - Ferox, PG120, Skixel, AlienHunter

Online Wolves - Fable, Helioooooo, Jestaz, Morguhhh

Next Chapter - Quadios, DecBot, Pvthon, SHERZY 1

Top 4 tomorrow will join XMEN and Online Warriors in the EU Pro League!

Edit: Online Wolves for EsquaD Banana. Scores were reported incorrectly.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What era of Halo is this that peopke are defending AR. Plz take me back in time when defending AR and Radar was a ridiculous stupid suggestion. The dark ages of Halo has done irreversible damage.

This is the one thing that has baffled me about the supposed "home of competitive halo". People actually defend this tripe.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm not saying that precisions should win 100% of the time, I'm saying they should win in similar positions 100% of the time. If I outflank you and start opening up from behind with an AR, the guy that got outflanked should die every time. I'm saying that if you're camping around a corner, and we both open up at the same time, the guy with the precision should win if he hits all his shots. Right now, the smg or ar or storm will win 100% unless the auto user fucks up catastrophically.

I just want people to be rewarded for having a crisp, consistent precision usage instead of being forced to increase their time spent using autos.

basically

precision > auto in straight up duel situations (ie rewarding precision weapon skill, which is harder to master)

movement > gun choice in flanking situation (ie flanking should get the kill no matter the weapon unless the flanker fucks up hard)

I don't think a single person has said anything even close to that.

Yes they have lol

People complained about memes but I swear to god I've read this exact day of posts over and over again for the last month or 2

It's a cycle of the same conversations going around until something new actually happens. When everyone gets bored of the new information they go back into the endless cycle.

This is the one thing that has baffled me about the supposed "home of competitive halo". People actually defend this tripe.

god forbid people have differences of opinion

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People complained about memes but I swear to god I've read this exact day of posts over and over again for the last month or 2

6lfbg.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

god forbid people have differences of opinion

I have never seen, heard, smelt, felt or sensed through the ether a rational argument for autos in competitive halo, so I treat it with the appropriate contempt. You can have your opinions, but don't expect me to take them seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The point is they dont have to play to prove who is better, when rng LOST their chance to play them. Clg being dominant has zero to do with the point. One team goes undefeated in the same pool showed they were the stronger team. This is obvious

Okay dude, flawless logic, thanks for the great discussion.

My predictions for league

1.CLG

2.EG

3.E6

4.RNG

Honestly, this thread has gone to sit since Worlds. Even when there were events, it just seems like the life has gone from here. The memes have died down, the same arguments (not discussions), and everyone just seems angry most of the time. Maybe I just got spoiled by Regionals and Worlds, but this place just isn't as friendly as it used to be.

Honestly, this thread has gone to sit since Worlds. Even when there were events, it just seems like the life has gone from here. The memes have died down, the same arguments (not discussions), and everyone just seems angry most of the time. Maybe I just got spoiled by Regionals and Worlds, but this place just isn't as friendly as it used to be.

Honeymoon phase is over.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Feel free to use the report button when people are derailing the thread with nonsense. Baiting people into negative discussion is against the rules <3

:intensifies: