CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Must have been when it was him El Town Goofy and Str8 Sick.

I remember he streaming a scrim with old Allegiance and at least once with the new Allegiance.

This thread over the last month or so:

giphy.gif

I'm a page behind but...

Dank.

They shit on their pool. Rng lost therefore couldnt play them. Thats how tourneys work.

Clg didnt play elevate at worlds, doesnt mean they werent better.

What are you even trying to say? Comparing the most dominant team in the league to elevate (a team that hasn't even qualified) in correlation to RNG and E6? And just to be clear, if the tournament would have continued to find a winner, RNG would have played e6. Your reasoning is completely flawed. But like I said I think e6 is currently better than RNG.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can I just say how much sadder this picture is, now knowing Arkanum retired after this event?  :tear:

The feels man...

At least he said he's extremely confident he will come back. Just a matter of time.

I am not too sure who to talk to about this, but hoping information can be relayed. Any chance Halo5arena could be updated to include railgun kills?

EG needs this stat, since just about once every series I hear someone from EG say, " I just got railgunned the whole time", even when they win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Insert Org Here

Is that real lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

What are you even trying to say? Comparing the most dominant team in the league to elevate (a team that hasn't even qualified) in correlation to RNG and E6? And just to be clear, if the tournament would have continued to find a winner, RNG would have played e6. Your reasoning is completely flawed. But like I said I think e6 is currently better than RNG.

The point is they dont have to play to prove who is better, when rng LOST their chance to play them. Clg being dominant has zero to do with the point. One team goes undefeated in the same pool showed they were the stronger team. This is obvious
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope my post didn't come across as unappreciative.  Halo5arena is one of the best things to happen for pro Halo scrims, and I can honestly say it has improved me as a player.  I had a big issue with using autos, and that website showed it to me clearly, and caused me to change up my playstyle.  I ended the scrim last night with 82 Melee/AR kills alone, so I just want to give a big thank you to whoever is involved in the creation and updating to that website, I regularly show it on my stream and go into detail on each category.  I think we can all agree it is amazing for not just the pros, but anyone who follows competitive Halo :) 

@@charas

I dont know if he has a twitter, but his website does (@halo5arena)

I hope my post didn't come across as unappreciative.  Halo5arena is one of the best things to happen for pro Halo scrims, and I can honestly say it has improved me as a player.  I had a big issue with using autos, and that website showed it to me clearly, and caused me to change up my playstyle.  I ended the scrim last night with 82 Melee/AR kills alone, so I just want to give a big thank you to whoever is involved in the creation and updating to that website, I regularly show it on my stream and go into detail on each category.  I think we can all agree it is amazing for not just the pros, but anyone who follows competitive Halo :) 

@charas is the man

To piggyback off this, if anyone is interested, they can support @@charas by going HERE and clicking on the paypal Donate button. He's got it tucked away and I had to go searching for it, so I figured I would promote it for him, since like Snipedown said above, it's an incredibly useful site that I (and I'm sure many others) visit every day.

:simms:  :prayers: :prayers:   :fire:  :fire: :fire:   :cash:  :cash: :cash:   :cash:  :fire: :fire:   :fire:  :prayers: :prayers:   :simms:

Thank you, I will do this :) Gotta support the guy who made me a better player

• Upvote (+1) 8

Am I the only one who takes exception to this style of Halo? MORE ar's and melees? 

"Hey man, I'm glad that you're a god with the precision weapons that require skill, but you need to learn to spam autos and melee people more often" - 343

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Am I the only one who takes exception to this style of Halo? MORE ar's and melees? 

"Hey man, I'm glad that you're a god with the precision weapons that require skill, but you need to learn to spam autos and melee people more often" - 343

I don't think anyone is seriously happy about the negative aspects. Watching some of the better players play sometimes it looks like Crouching AR, Hidden Storm Rifle 5. Nobody wants to see that lol
  • Upvote (+1) 5

No man it's super skillful "positional gameplay" to pull out your ar when the radar tells you someone is right around the corner. You just have to accept that halo is evolving.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No man it's super skillful "positional gameplay" to pull out your ar when the radar tells you someone is right around the corner. You just have to accept that halo is evolving.

A hidden message about No Radar in a sarcastic post about radar being bad..

..you're evolving.   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Thank you, I will do this :) Gotta support the guy who made me a better player

Does Towey have a donate button as well :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 4

We switch out smileys pretty frequently, don't think we've had Ghosts for at least 6 months or so.

i miss milk

From the scrim @@Snip3down referenced:

1IGsheM.png RZsFz9k.png

New rule, only 15% of posts are allowed to be complaints about autos.  :kappa:

why are the grenade damage percentages so low? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

why are the grenade damage percentages so low? 

For some reason, the grenades aren't registering damage in the tracker (could be a Halo issue, could be a halo5arena issue, paging @@charas ), so the overall damage %s will be slightly skewed.

So we know the groups for the LCQ. What do we think of everyone's chances to place out of groups?

Personally, I would say something like this is likely...

GROUP A

1. Team Liquid - I think it's pretty clear this is the best team in the group. Them not coming out as the #1 seed here would be a failure in my mind
  2. Insert Org Here - I think this slot is a total toss up between Clown Fiesta, but I like to see that Insert Org Here (wtf this name) has been getting a lot of games in over the past few days. Clown Fiesta hasn't really had a blow out scrim against any of the LCQ teams, so it doesn't exactly make me confident in them.

GROUP B

1. Optic - Fanboying a bit here, but I don't think they'll let themselves tilt out of the #1 slot of this group. Been putting up good numbers in scrims but attitude wise hasn't been great. We'll see what happens.
  2. Elevate - Tempting to look at a team like Twisted Fate in this slot since they have veterans as well, but I just don't see them going through.

GROUP C

1. Catastrophe - I can't in good faith put Catastrophe as second in this group due to their path to get here, but I would've liked to see them scrimming more leading up to the LCQ.
  2. French Toast Mafia - Having beat Soul Red before, and pulling a couple blow-out scrims, I like French Toast Mafia to do it again. Seeing a one sided scrim among these "AM" level LCQ teams bumps em up quite a bit in my book.

GROUP D - The Weakest Group

Honestly sad to see the teams fell where they did. Unfortunately I think that group D would all fall if they had some stronger opponents in the mix. That being said...

1. Crowd Control
  2. Pnda Gaming

I guess not that controversial, but I would love to hear some other people's opinions on these players. Don't know a ton on lots of these teams. Seem to be a lot of conflicting scrim results with a lot of them doing short series with each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1