CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's probably because people struggle to understand that it's okay to disagree about things. This leads to the discussion turning into ...well, what we've witnessed a few times in this thread. 

Or... heaven forbid... there are plenty of people (like me) who solely come to this thread and just want to discuss the actual teams, upcoming tournaments, scrims. Not the game as a whole, whether it comes to PC, whether it counts as "Halo", or whatever other dumb circular argument topics we can come up with.

For whoever said that "nothing is going on right now", are you crazy? You aren't looking for good discussion topics then.

1. There are some lowkey veterans coming into the LCQ (Sypher, Cpt Anarchy, Blaze, Tizoxic, T2) who have been playing decent in scrims
  2. Teams like Catastrophe (with fresh young guns) are looking scarier by the minute
  3. Some teams are slacking off leading up to the LCQ
  4. E6 just slammed RNG in scrims
  5. Optic put some decent games in lately
  6. Liquid, Optic, Elevate, Catastrophe, and arguably Soul have shown they are a bit above everyone else
  7. EU is finishing up their qualifiers
  8. EG scrim breadsticked NV

LET'S DISCUSS THESE THINGS

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The stupid bomb reset system, makes for long drawn out, low scoring games.

They need to either do away with resets altogether, or make it tougher to reset a teams planting progress.

They could lengthen the time it takes to reset, or make it so that the bomb needs to be moved to the opposing base to reset it.

H2A did resets pretty well. It had to be both in someone's hands and outside of the arming zone for it to disarm, and it disarmed at about the same rate that it arms. This also allowed for the potential hail-mary play of fast-arming it by juggling the bomb across the map to keep it armed (Though to my knowledge that never was used successfully in tournaments). Not sure why we went away from that as everyone seemed to like bomb in H2A (Warlord Bomb was arguably the best gametype even).

OT: Last chance for EU kids to get in to the LCQ today, should be fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The plot of #Smileygate thickens

MeQJnIF.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

The plot of #Smileygate thickens

We switch out smileys pretty frequently, don't think we've had Ghosts for at least 6 months or so.

We switch out smileys pretty frequently, don't think we've had Ghosts for at least 6 months or so.

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Or... heaven forbid... there are plenty of people (like me) who solely come to this thread and just want to discuss the actual teams, upcoming tournaments, scrims. Not the game as a whole, whether it comes to PC, whether it counts as "Halo", or whatever other dumb circular argument topics we can come up with.

For whoever said that "nothing is going on right now", are you crazy? You aren't looking for good discussion topics then.

• There are some lowkey veterans coming into the LCQ (Sypher, Cpt Anarchy, Blaze, Tizoxic, T2) who have been playing decent in scrims
  • Teams like Catastrophe (with fresh young guns) are looking scary by the minute
  • Some teams are slacking off leading up to the LCQ
  • E6 just slammed RNG in scrims
  • Optic put some decent games in lately
  • Liquid, Optic, Elevate, Catastrophe, and arguably Soul have shown they are a bit above everyone else
  • EU is finishing up their qualifiers
  • EG scrim breadsticked NV

Accidental neg, I'll get you back

• Upvote (+1) 1

RIP :milk:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Snakebite - "Halo 5 takes the most skill out of every Halo since Halo 3"

This is  a rather....underwhelming statement.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't watch any scrims last night, anyone want to catch me up on 2 things?

1. EG 12-1 Nv, just a bad night by Nv or is EG really starting to find their groove?

2. RNG goosed by E6. I know E6 is real good but what happened during this on the RNG side? Also any reason why only 7 games?

May or may not be OT, windows 10 will have private customs in it's forthcoming forge mode

6adbca44bc.png

I hope this helps get some more forge maps into the circuit

• Upvote (+1) 3

H2A did resets pretty well. It had to be both in someone's hands and outside of the arming zone for it to disarm, and it disarmed at about the same rate that it arms. This also allowed for the potential hail-mary play of fast-arming it by juggling the bomb across the map to keep it armed (Though to my knowledge that never was used successfully in tournaments). Not sure why we went away from that as everyone seemed to like bomb in H2A (Warlord Bomb was arguably the best gametype even).

This sounds infinitely more interesting than what we have now.

Personally I really like the idea if only resetting after scores. It would make the game most exciting... It would have a strongholds-esque "the best defense is offense" vibe

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. There are some lowkey veterans coming into the LCQ (Sypher, Cpt Anarchy, Blaze, Tizoxic, T2) who have been playing decent in scrims
  2. Teams like Catastrophe (with fresh young guns) are looking scarier by the minute
  6. Liquid, Optic, Elevate, Catastrophe, and arguably Soul have shown they are a bit above everyone else

Every time I see a list, I look for hidden messages. @@Ugug has spoiled me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I should stick to only posting vod links.

Then come and discuss them. These other topics come up organically as people go about their day. It's not like someone comes in and goes "today we are only talking about X!"

It's a community driven topic, if all of the people who "heaven forbid" only come here to discuss the things on your list, made interesting posts and drove the conversation forward, the off topic tangents would happen less. You can't sit on the sidelines and get annoyed that other people aren't talking about what you want them to talk about (unless they're mods/admins).

Also for the record, my original point still rings true, the issue with going off topic is that it never ends, as you said it's a circular argument that leads nowhere. Because people can't just make a point, recognize that they disagree and move on. Which is what I'm doing now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am not too sure who to talk to about this, but hoping information can be relayed. Any chance Halo5arena could be updated to include railgun kills?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am not too sure who to talk to about this, but hoping information can be relayed. Any chance Halo5arena could be updated to include railgun kills?

@@charas is your guy

Anyone know if they're done releasing the OG gamertags?

The one I want has 0 play time, 0 friends, and 0 everything else...but keeps saying that it is unavailable for the last 2 days..

@@charas is your guy

I never noticed, but it appears the issue is only for the Pro-Team Matchup Tracker. It looks like railgun kills are properly tracking for regular MM games.

Two saws on Fathom.   :prayers: 

that's pussy talk. Two SAWs, two Binaries, AND two Rails or bust.

you tryna add to the skill gap or nah?

On a side note, I forgot how fucking fun Naded is to watch when he's streaming. Dude is a character. I hope he streams more often.

Going live soon casting the EU pro league open qualfier no 3, feel free to pop in!

www.twitch.tv/onsethalo

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hope this helps get some more forge maps into the circuit

I'm really hoping for this too. The map pool we have isn't all that bad to be honest (at least it isn't 3 maps total), but having more maps would be great. Since we have a decent pool already, I'd love to see some maps come out that are tailored to a gametype...like focus on a map that plays exceptionally well for CTF, or Assault. If we can get a few more maps added, and implement a pick/ban system we will be in extremely good shape going forward.

I came because of the hilarious gifs and the relaxed atmosphere fused with Halo discussion. This place is chill as fuck, and that's why I subscribe. There are plenty of other forums out there that are super-moderated with boring discussions.

As of now, no one is beating CLG and first place is all that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 3