CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It really is tricky ... I understand the mods trying to separate the conversations but the problem is that the HCS is played using Halo 5, so discussing H5-related issues in this thread (to an extent) is completely valid insofar as it pertains to the HCS/competitive scene.  It's a hard line to draw

I don't know why they're so strict on actual discussion. It's not like we have anything going on in the pro league right now that we should be discussing. Completely unrelated memes are just fine but when it comes to discussing whether or not Halo 5 to PC would kill the competitive community or not we've crossed the line and now all of our posts are getting deleted.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know why they're so strict on actual discussion. It's not like we have anything going on in the pro league right now that we should be discussing. Completely unrelated memes are just fine but when it comes to discussing whether or not Halo 5 to PC would kill the competitive community or not we've crossed the line and now all of our posts are getting deleted.

This, especially when its the "off-season" and there's nothing to talk about that is strictly HCS related besides scrims that don't really mean anything (arguably). 

Feel like you guys have been really slacking on the psycho analyzing Ninja front lately. I haven't seen any new theories and given RNG's recent struggles, I'm shocked and saddened by this. I'll give you guys some theory seeds and please take it from there.

-Ninja is projecting whenever he perceives destructive criticism coming from Hammy

-Zane is so laid back, that everyone else is subconsciously picking up the Type A personality slack and asserting their dominance

-Ninja's falling prey to Freud's theory of "Displacement" when he doesn't perform well in H1Z1 that day, he comes to Halo and takes it out on his teammates.

-The team wears an insane amount of leather jackets to events

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't really care and I actually think that e6 is better than RNG at the point. But to say your reasoning is, e6 beat denial and then optic and won their pool, means that e6 are better than RNG, makes me cringe. "Because team A beat team B, and Team B beat Team C, that automatically makes team A better than Team C" No

They shit on their pool. Rng lost therefore couldnt play them. Thats how tourneys work.

Clg didnt play elevate at worlds, doesnt mean they werent better.

Two saws on Fathom. :prayers:

Yay, more random changes in the main playlist to confuse and drive away more players. I would like to see how much the population dropped when they introduced Assault on the playlist. I for sure stop playing when every fucking game was Assault.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snakebite - "Halo 5 takes the most skill out of every Halo since Halo 3"

• Upvote (+1) 8

They ruined rig by buffing the caster.

Am I the only one who does not like Rig TS? 

Snakebite - "Halo takes the most skill out of every Halo since Halo 3"

Did you mean "Halo 5"? I was not in the stream, just assuming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weet-Bix, although it's getting harder to afford due to how expensive my rent is

Never heard of that kind, so I google searched it and saw it appears to be very popular in Australia and New Zealand. So, I'm guessing you either live in Australia and get to see kangaroos or live in New Zealand aka Middle Earth. Either way that's awesome

Can someone explain to me what is so bad about Assault? I don't hate it on some maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snakebite - "Halo 5 takes the most skill out of every Halo since Halo 3"

Amazing against such strong competition

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why stop there, lets put 3 on it. YOLO

Why not make Saw a starting weapon. If all people have it is balanced, right guys.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

-Ninja's falling prey to Freud's theory of "Displacement" when he doesn't perform well in H1Z1 that day, he comes to Halo and takes it out on his teammates.

Really? This shit happens in dota all the time where people have terrible pubs and come into tournament games with shitty attitudes. Haven't watched much of Tyler so I'm not sure if it's true or not. The remedy to this is to take an hour break before your scrims, but he's a streamer so he loses out on a lot of viewers if he does this so it's a tough spot.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's probably because people struggle to understand that it's okay to disagree about things. This leads to the discussion turning into ...well, what we've witnessed a few times in this thread. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who does not like Rig TS?

It's personally my favourite game type, but they just made it average now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? This shit happens in dota all the time where people have terrible pubs and come into tournament games with shitty attitudes. Haven't watched much of Tyler so I'm not sure if it's true or not. The remedy to this is to take an hour break before your scrims, but he's a streamer so he loses out on a lot of viewers if he does this so it's a tough spot.

I was just joking tbh. Was making fun of the level of psychoanalysis that usually happens when RNG struggles. Those weren't genuine attempts by me to dissect their problems lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's personally my favourite game type, but they just made it average now.

Besides the plasma caster buff, what did they change about it?

Can someone explain to me what is so bad about Assault? I don't hate it on some maps.

The stupid bomb reset system, makes for long drawn out, low scoring games.

They need to either do away with resets altogether, or make it tougher to reset a teams planting progress.

They could lengthen the time it takes to reset, or make it so that the bomb needs to be moved to the opposing base to reset it.

Edit: also, there should be some sort of penalty to losing the bomb off the map... This gametype has a ton of potential, but the current setup causes some really slow matches.

I was just joking tbh. Was making fun of the level of psychoanalysis that usually happens when RNG struggles. Those weren't genuine attempts by me to dissect their problems lol

Not much to analyse tbh, they just need to play together more often and stop going into scrims fresh. EG had the same problem.