CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Double elimination is only neccisary when placements beyond 1st place are key AND we have a need for random seedings.

There's no reason the end-of-season playoffs should be double elim, because the seedings are based on season record.

Are we truly "locked in" to double elim for everything now?

accidental neg, i'll catch you on the flip side.

To be fair, if you build a PC for the same price as a console it might beat the Xbox now but it's not going to be beating the Xbox in 2 years time. Fixed hardware means devs can do wonders with optimisation.

The benefit of a console is that you pay a low price and receive quality games for a long period of time, paying a low price for a PC means you're going to have to do some upgrading down the line.

lol, you guys are clueless
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

moses, it's not about how many buttons it's pressing them all at the same time. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it seems like it would be easier.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Keep in mind that with WASD + M you don't have true analog movement. You have 8 way that is corrected with view angle. That might not seem like much but it would actually limit the thrusting mechanic far more than with a controller. I'm not convinced that wouldn't be worth it given how much easier it would be to aim, but I think it would be a decent loss since Thruster is the best Halo mechanic since anything CE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H5 when he was still on Allegiance

Must have been when it was him El Town Goofy and Str8 Sick.

Meme's are not allowed anymore? What did I miss lol?

The day the memes stood still
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Meme's are not allowed anymore? What did I miss lol?

We were overrun by cereal and radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol, you guys are clueless

Oh really?

Show me a PC that you could have bought for $400 in mid 2014 which would be running games better than an Xbox One now.  If you built a PC for $300 (the price of the Xbox 360 core) at the end of 2005 it would be shitting the bed compared to the 360 after a couple of years.

It's well known that consoles don't perform as well as top quality PCs however as far as long term price to performance ratio goes they're damn good. 

Edit: or don't, this isn't the right place for it.

Speaking of shitting the bed though, what the hell is going on with RNG?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Yooooo e6 pooped on RNG man wow. What happened? They must have been tilting pretty saltily huh?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh really?

Show me a PC that you could have bought for $400 in mid 2014 which would be running games better than an Xbox One now.  If you built a PC for $300 (the price of the Xbox 360 core) at the end of 2005 it would be shitting the bed compared to the 360 after a couple of years.

It's well known that consoles don't perform as well as top quality PCs however as far as long term price to performance ratio goes they're damn good. 

Edit: or don't, this isn't the right place for it.

Speaking of shitting the bed though, what the hell is going on with RNG?

UWgRtR.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RNG just lost a Fathom flag in about 2 minutes, then quit the series at 0-7.

Call outs were the most uninspired thing I've ever heard. The fuck?

we are seeing some unprecedented struggles from RNG. They hadn't exactly been over-performing prior to the EG scrim, but it seemed like they were at least competing. They looked like they had their collective backs broken during that series, and this one wasn't any better.

I'm not much of an RNG fan, but the talent is there. I just don't get it.

we are seeing some unprecedented struggles from RNG. They hadn't exactly been over-performing prior to the EG scrim, but it seemed like they were at least competing. They looked like they had their collective backs broken during that series, and this one wasn't any better.

Now that they're in the pro league they really need to figure out these issues. It's insane how much they've dropped in quality since first forming...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is RNG having the psychological issues?

Mannnn a Bane breaking Batman's back from Dark Knight Rises meme would be so pure right now......

• Upvote (+1) 1

He seems annoyed with ace a lot, i could be wrong tho.  He was saying stuff like "what are you saying" when ace fumbled over his call out, and he said "you have to try and listen better".  neither of which are a big deal but the tone he said it in just seemed like he was annoyed

I'm not saying this is you, but a lot of people who haven't watched Naded consistently don't understand his tone of voice.

I've seen him up 30 kills in Slayers, happy as a clam, laughing his ass off, and literally cracking jokes with teammates..... yet when he makes a callout, at best it sounds like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite in the most nasally way possible. I think it's just the way he speaks naturally. His cadence is very "whiny" in a way.

Not to say he never whines/complains, but even when he's definitely not, it still sounds a little like that, lol.

OR I'm dumb and carefully constructed this in my mind as a defensive reflex towards one of my all-time favorites? 

Misrepresentation of position. You know when someone says "literally no one" they are being hyperbolic. Halo 5 on PC will bring the supremacist culture with it. You only have to be aware of the Smite community to know this.

Does the Rocket League community suffer from that same culture? The whole "PCMASTERRACE" subculture definitely exists but its a poor reason to dismiss the platform as a whole.

I don't know what any of this has to do with Pro teams or seeds though. Does anyone have a link to the schedule for the LCQ?