CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Don't want to cause any panic, but as our Meme Team gains traction and notoriety, they might receive some pushback from the corporate overlords at the National Basketball Association: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

OpTic wins series vs French Toast Mafia 10-3.

Naded with a 2.29 KD + 10.28 KDA..

OpTic wins series vs French Toast Mafia 10-3.

Naded with a 2.29 KD + 10.28 KDA..

Thats with him barely trying in the coli flag too

Anyone know of a website where people are selling OG tags?

I mean they shot up to a share of #2 in the power rankings, but we got roasted for it.

Cough @@VinFTW Cough

Anyone know of a website where people are selling OG tags?

check your PMs

You mean right after getting destroyed a weak earlier (or 2?) at PAX? 

When they were a team for 12 days? Do you mean that event. Hardly seems fair to judge a team that had only just formed. And before you inevitably say it, EG had formed for MORE than a month before Pax, NV more than 2 weeks prior, and Optic and E6 formed at the same point 12 days before Pax, so they were one of the most unpracticed teams at that event fact, ergo it is unfair to hold that event over the team, just like it is foolish to over credit EG for wining that event (IF THEY DIDN'T WIN IT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LAUGHABLE). People seem to forget that Envyus who had 2 - 3 weeks less time to practice made EG sweat it out, sure they looked dominant against optic but again optic had only just formed, it seems unfair to over credit EG but simply dismiss E6 (or call them inconsistent, when they have dominated ever since) based off of 1 event where the odds were heavily favored in EG's direction. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i know we have all had this conversation about not playing enough halo yadayadayada, but its kinda true at this point. clg/e6/optic/eg/elevate all play loads of matchmaking together to have FUN beating up on randoms building confidence for the night of scrims ahead, and i think that is important.

Golly, it always amazes me how quick the opinions on these forums change, EG look good for a couple nights, and now they are apparently grinding the game as hard as anyone, whereas up until this week when they were loosing a couple of scrims people were saying, they never get on and need to grind more, what they are doing isn't enough and then there's the inevitable should they drop the brown brother discussion. Dear god people make an informed decision and stick with it instead of these knee jerk reactions. (just like to clarify my opinion on EG remains the same, they will not win an event with this team but will consistently place in the top 4 - a bit like clg in h2a).

• Upvote (+1) 3

He seems annoyed with ace a lot, i could be wrong tho.  He was saying stuff like "what are you saying" when ace fumbled over his call out, and he said "you have to try and listen better".  neither of which are a big deal but the tone he said it in just seemed like he was annoyed

There's multiple times I've heard similar snide comments when watch Optic's scrims and most of it seems to be between Naded and Ace for some reason. I'm not sure if it's personal but either way Optic's call outs are really bad at times. Whether it's people saying useless remarks like the ones you quoted or if it's Maniac raging. If they are going to have communication unrelated to game play they seem to do much much better when saying things like "Naded just rekt that kid!" or "Ohhmyygaawwwd Ace is shitting!".

I only care because I really want to see Optic make pro league. Having there fan base invested in Halo is massive for the scene, but the main reason is so the Optic Halo content on Vision remains hype.

Also I don't know how much it's been said but those bar interview questions @@Tashi has been posting on twitter are amazing. I hope they keep coming.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Given how predictable spawns are now, am i the only one that wants that brief second invincibility back?

Don't want to cause any panic, but as our Meme Team gains traction and notoriety, they might receive some pushback from the corporate overlords at the National Basketball Association:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5ZgaAYHjc

Those were hilarious, we really need to up our game here

Unpopular opinion:

I don't like the idea of them moving forge to PC. Although on the face of it it sounds great for the community as people will be able to make much more extravagant maps, this is clearly just a toe dip in the water for MS to see if halo will be successful on the platform. If it is, I predict the next halo will be on PC. This is a bad thing because we are still in the early stages of returning to former greatness, and releasing the next Halo on PC will be a disaster for the success of the game post launch as it will split the player base. Halo on PC will hinder the crawl back from the grave that we have begun with this game.

Also I suck with M+K :simms:

I gotta disagree, halo on PC wouldn't hurt the community any more than COD on PC hurts that community.

In fact, it would help the community in every imaginable way.

First they could allow PC players who choose to use controllers to Matchmake against xb1 users. This would boost our online population.

Also the increase in Req purchases would further benefit the competitive scene.

I can also imagine that fan interest in competitive would increase, as would Halo's presence on twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I gotta disagree, halo on PC wouldn't hurt the community any more than COD on PC hurts that community.

False Equivalence.

First they could allow PC players who choose to use controllers to Matchmake against xb1 users. This would boost our online population.

The idea that any PC players besides a select few would bother using a controller is delusional. Why does anybody think this?

This is true, but it will only be for a short time from launch in my opinion. I think the PC population will not stick around. Maybe that's because I'm a pessimist, but whatever.

I can also imagine that fan interest in competitive would increase, as would Halo's presence on twitch.

PC players don't care about Xbox smite, so why would PC halo players? You have to remember that PC users generally have an obnoxious superiority complex.

False Equivalence.

The idea that any PC players besides a select few would bother using a controller is delusional. Why does anybody think this?

This is true, but it will only be for a short time from launch in my opinion. I think the PC population will not stick around. Maybe that's because I'm a pessimist, but whatever.

PC players don't care about Xbox smite, so why would PC halo players? You have to remember that PC users generally have an obnoxious superiority complex.

I loved the part where you used evidence to support your claims.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I loved the part where you used evidence to support your claims.

He likes to use the power rankings algorithm where it is just how you feel and not any real reasoning. Besides I have seen noone provide evidence that it will support/aid halo, they only say it will for x y and z, neither side has brought any facts into this argument yet. Only knee jerk reactions and assumptions.

Golly, it always amazes me how quick the opinions on these forums change, EG look good for a couple nights, and now they are apparently grinding the game as hard as anyone, whereas up until this week when they were loosing a couple of scrims people were saying, they never get on and need to grind more, what they are doing isn't enough and then there's the inevitable should they drop the brown brother discussion. Dear god people make an informed decision and stick with it instead of these knee jerk reactions. (just like to clarify my opinion on EG remains the same, they will not win an event with this team but will consistently place in the top 4 - a bit like clg in h2a).

This statement is kinda pointless, just say that about any team. CLG is so dominant unless one of them decides winning isn't fun anymore this is Halo 5. CLG will win ANY and ALL double elimination tournaments from here on out. We cried for double elimination and now we have it, good bye upsets, good bye underdog, good bye getting lucky in a single bad series for CLG. (Disclaimer: I wanted double elimination, but we did lock ourselves into the best team winning every tournament for sure)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Given how predictable spawns are now, am i the only one that wants that brief second invincibility back?

Nah, I'm a big fan of spawning in and someone is spamming an AR on my face. It makes those times I survive and escape that much sweeter!

False Equivalence.

This is true, but it will only be for a short time from launch in my opinion. I think the PC population will not stick around. Maybe that's because I'm a pessimist, but whatever.

What silly uninformed arguments lol

PC players use controllers all the time... And would probably be more inclined to do so with Halo than many other shooters, thanks to crossplay...

Why do you think devs bother with controller support their PC games? Do you think that EVERYONE who plays on PC is sitting at a desk in front of a monitor, or brings a kb/m into their living room?

What about all the console gamers who want to play halo, but don't or can't buy an Xbox?

If the PC community doesn't stick around, or don't use controller , then the Xbox scene would be exactly where we left off..

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is kinda pointless, just say that about any team. CLG is so dominant unless one of them decides winning isn't fun anymore this is Halo 5. CLG will win ANY and ALL double elimination tournaments from here on out. We cried for double elimination and now we have it, good bye upsets, good bye underdog, getting lucking into an off series for CLG. (Disclaimer: I wanted double elimination, but we did lock ourselves into the best team winning every tournament for sure)

I agree in a way, but I disagree with you as well, why yes it rational to say CLG are miles ahead, I do think the gap is closing for some teams (E6). I think EG's problems are consistent aka will never go away, why you might ask well (unpopular opinion incoming), they do not have the ability to grind, they can't work as hard as CLG because some of their player (Roy and Lunchbox) have too many things going on in the real world which force them to make competitive gaming not their 1st priority. In comparison CLG have no such commitments (sure snakebite is in college but hours seem flexible and he still gets on 6 days a week and scrims). You cannot catch up if you don't work as hard if not harder. 

Meanwhile I think CLG's closest challengers are E6 followed EG/ALG. As i have said EG's current rosters potential is limited so they are no real threat, but if E6 and ALG keep improving at the rate they are then they might. I personally dont think those two teams are all that far off.

Essentially what I am saying is EG = str8 rippen 06, virtually guaranteed top 4 at every event, but anything else is beyond them.

Would also like to point out that the brown brothers are incredibly skilled players but lets face facts, they are limited due external circumstances, if those weren't in play then EG would easily be contending but they are so they are stagnant. 

I think PC players would use controllers. The movement in this game includes too many buttons that need to be used while moving, not sure if there are enough fingers on one hand for that but who knows. Also think halo on the PC would help build the community but idk, not an expert.

@@Smee mee we are improving quickly indeed :simms::lxthul:

Also pros get caught off guard by spawns all the time, please don't think this game is simple because of what you can remember from your games.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Since it seems to be the consensus that spawns are very predictable, can we stop pretending that this game is so chaotic and unpredictable that we need our hands held to be able to find people?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Since it seems to be the consensus that spawns are very predictable, can we stop pretending that this game is so chaotic and unpredictable that we need our hands held to be able to find people?

Lets assume it's possible to accurately predict every spawn (which it isn't). What about the player who just spawned, and now needs to assess where the next threat is coming from.

I think the mechanics of this game allow for that threat to come from far more angles than in previous games.

• Upvote (+1) 1