CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Then explain how CoD has competitive console eSports AND a PC version, yet hasn't gone belly up yet. 

Because CoD's competitive community was built after it was available on PC.  Adding PC support to a previous exclusive game is going to make a faux competitive community on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can you guys please start watching more than one pro stream at a time?

it helps grow halo and it helps support the players nice enough to stream

put one stream on good quality, and put two streams on low quality

use https://multistre.am/ and you can adjust the screen sizes and stay involved in chat

just do it

obviously depends on your internet but i have subpar internet and i make it happen

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because CoD's competitive community was built after it was available on PC.  Adding PC support to a previous exclusive game is going to make a faux competitive community on PC.

It wont add a faux community if HCS requires a controller to be played. Easy fix. If someone wants to pursue a competitive career in HCS, fine, use a controller. 

It wont add a faux community if HCS requires a controller to be played. Easy fix. If someone wants to pursue a competitive career in HCS, fine, use a controller. 

Okay say that only controllers are allowed.  But on PC the game assuredly will be allowed to play at different settings, which changes the playing field.  Also, the way the game draws far models at 30fps animations probably won't exist on PC.  If they want to port the game to PC, that's fine.  But they should absolutely keep the (official) competitive scene on Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay say that only controllers are allowed.  But on PC the game assuredly will be allowed to play at different settings, which changes the playing field.  Also, the way the game draws far models at 30fps animations probably won't exist on PC.  If they want to port the game to PC, that's fine.  But they should absolutely keep the (official) competitive scene on Xbox.

Yes I agree. At least give them time to iron out the intricacies of how to combine the 2. 

Having a hard time finding an actual schedule for the NA LCQ. Anyone got that info?

Having a hard time finding an actual schedule for the NA LCQ. Anyone got that info?

official stream on sunday at 11am PST

player streams on saturday prolly 

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to Arstechnica: "Microsoft representatives have confirmed to Ars that the free Windows 10 game will support unfettered online play with anyone on a player's friends list". I can't see any reason of why this wouldn't give the chance to grow a small community of players who are going to start making teams and literally scrimming (if they are somehow able to play on the maps we currently have in H5 MM) and playing against other teams. This is exciting and a big step ahead to bring Halo to PC, and make it more popular than CS:GO.

Lol

Good luck. Especially with games like unreal coming to pc soon.

official stream on sunday at 11am PST

player streams on saturday prolly

Oh so the group stage is player stream saturday..interesting choice.

IMy personal opinion on what MS should do is make Halo a F2P game on xbox and get its money from micro transactions. 

RIP HWC prize pool.  :mj: 

I may be the only one, but I love how up in the air the LCQ feels this weekend. I have no clue who is gonna qualify. Which to me is really exciting.

Updated list.

What Europe is looking like right now

Qualified for Pro League:

XMEN - Jimbo, Chalkie, Tufoxy, Snipedrone

Online Warriors - Mose, Respectful, Kimbo, Snakey

Qualified for LCQ:

Deception - Batchford, Doodle, Phlux, Warlord

Vitality - Talic, Puni, HBorg, Fragxr

Pulse - SolaR, KrYsTaLx, CxLii, slgslg31

PENTA - Alpha, Septic, Mentlan, Anima

Dinosaurs - BUK 20, BUK 57, Qristola, Flamez

Realest Tins - Ramirez, Lunny, Riotz, Speed

True Fighters Gaming - Asko, Sica, DeMoN, Mephisto

Team Menace - Alec, Mersu, SystematiC, ZaoC

Bens Coffe LADS - Godshot, Vard, Hollers, Havoc

Better Than Average - A Sneaky Walrus, LooneyDogzz, Tide, Genius

Team Orbit.Halo - Blajnd, Quicksilver, Teyobb, Graham

Fantastic4 - Zypperi, Solace, goosetime, RQMPAGE

4 more teams to be qualified tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 9

There will be cross play if they ever bring the full Halo experience to PC. Won't happen with H5, but probably will with H6. The only issue here is going to be K+M vs Controller and platform choice for comp Halo

ESL will most likely stick to console and some other org is gonna make PC tournaments.

Lol

Good luck. Especially with games like unreal coming to pc soon.

Of all the games... Unreal? There's Overwatch that's picking up hype like it's going out of fashion and 'Battlefield 1' that has become DA MOST LIKED TRAILER EVARRRRRRR and we're talking about Unreal as the threat. If you're aiming to pick up scraps off the floor, there's no point even trying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From Frankie aka Stinkles, on a NeoGAF thread regarding forge on PC. He's replying to someone saying they were disappointed the full game wasn't coming:

Originally Posted by Stinkles

I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with. 

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

H6 to PC confirmed  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm a PC scrub (I pretty much play single player games only when I use my PC) so please forgive my ignorance if 1. This isn't possible, or 2. It's been suggested earlier in the thread, but is it possible for the game to mandate using a controller if a PC player would want to play cross play matchmaking? Having talked with a lot of my friends, the thing that keeps them from playing Halo is NOT them wanting to use KBM, it's that none of them want to buy an Xbox. A $60 controller is a much friendlier barrier for entry than a $300 box you might only use for one game. In the ideal situation where controllers are mandated, I can't see the addition of a PC port hurting the player base in any way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From Frankie aka Stinkles, on a NeoGAF thread regarding forge on PC. He's replying to someone saying they were disappointed the full game wasn't coming:

Originally Posted by Stinkles

I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with.

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

H6 to PC confirmed :lxthul:

Well. Don't say you weren't warned.

but you never hear about PC COD. 

I've heard about PC CoD once.

And it was when I was told that Febiven (mid laner for Fnatic League of Legends team) played PC CoD before being a LoL player.  He was the ESL PC CoD equivalent to a GB kid.

I've heard about PC CoD once.

And it was when I was told that Febiven (mid laner for Fnatic League of Legends team) played PC CoD before being a LoL player. He was the ESL PC CoD equivalent to a GB kid.

He was also a Riven main / one trick pony hence the "iven" part of his name.