CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There will be cross play if they ever bring the full Halo experience to PC. Won't happen with H5, but probably will with H6. The only issue here is going to be K+M vs Controller and platform choice for comp Halo

I have to say, the servers are not that bad lately

The past few nights many games have been either choppy for me and my squad or lagging towards the end of matches

There will be cross play if they ever bring the full Halo experience to PC. Won't happen with H5, but probably will with H6. The only issue here is going to be K+M vs Controller and platform choice for comp Halo

If they bring Halo to PC the least they can do is make it so PC and Console cannot play with each other. That would be awful.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Unpopular opinion:

I don't like the idea of them moving forge to PC. Although on the face of it it sounds great for the community as people will be able to make much more extravagant maps, this is clearly just a toe dip in the water for MS to see if halo will be successful on the platform. If it is, I predict the next halo will be on PC. This is a bad thing because we are still in the early stages of returning to former greatness, and releasing the next Halo on PC will be a disaster for the success of the game post launch as it will split the player base. Halo on PC will hinder the crawl back from the grave that we have begun with this game.

Also I suck with M+K :simms:

Dude we are in life support, if we unplugg the machines (big money from MS) we die. The best we can hope is a HaloPC so maybe Halo can grow .
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Dude we are in life support, if we unplugg the machines (big money from MS) we die. The best we can hope is a HaloPC so maybe Halo can grow .

Halo reach was life support. Halo 4 was the flatline. MCC was the faint pulse. H5 is the first few days out of hospital. We are very weak at the moment, and I don't believe halo PC is the right direction to take.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If they bring Halo to PC the least they can do is make it so PC and Console cannot play with each other. That would be awful.

It would also split the community and create a huge superiority complex among PC players which we don't really need.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is Lirik creeping on :beyond: ????

I actually expect a MCC to PC announcement. I don't think H5 will go to PC though.

I've actually been thinking about Halo on PC for a while now and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I might do a writeup on it later.

In regards to the competitive scene, if we want Halo to become a legitimately viable esport with a large fanbase, it NEEDS to be on PC. I think it goes without saying that console/controller esports are miniscule and will always be miniscule in comparison to PC/KBM esports. If there is a port, 343 needs to provide support for the KBM competitive scene in terms of tournaments, prize pools, etc. I'm fine with a 'keyboard' league and a 'controller' league because crossplay is obviously out of the question, especially at the higher levels.

At worst, I'd be fine with forgoing controllers entirely and just shifting Halo esports to PC. The transition from controller to KBM is not as hard as people make it out to be and I'm sure pros especially will get used to it and still play at the highest level. Even if a few don't and are forced to retire, I'm fine with that if it means potentially hundreds of thousands of new players to the scene. Whatever we lose we make back in terms of all the new talent. 

Consoles are a restriction to esports. CoD has a PC port but no PC competitive scene. That's why, despite that game's popularity, its competitive scene is pretty miniscule. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I actually expect a MCC to PC announcement. I don't think H5 will go to PC though.

Why would they do that? To promote a broken game more?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've actually been thinking about Halo on PC for a while now and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I might do a writeup on it later.

In regards to the competitive scene, if we want Halo to become a legitimately viable esport with a large fanbase, it NEEDS to be on PC. I think it goes without saying that console/controller esports are miniscule and will always be miniscule in comparison to PC/KBM esports. If there is a port, 343 needs to provide support for the KBM competitive scene in terms of tournaments, prize pools, etc. I'm fine with a 'keyboard' league and a 'controller' league because crossplay is obviously out of the question, especially at the higher levels.

At worst, I'd be fine with forgoing controllers entirely and just shifting Halo esports to PC. The transition from controller to KBM is not as hard as people make it out to be and I'm sure pros especially will get used to it and still play at the highest level. Even if a few don't and are forced to retire, I'm fine with that if it means potentially hundreds of thousands of new players to the scene. Whatever we lose we make back in terms of all the new talent. 

Consoles are a restriction to esports. CoD has a PC port but no PC competitive scene. That's why, despite that game's popularity, its competitive scene is pretty miniscule. 

This entire paragraph is wrong. Halo Esports is too entrenched in console, and using a controller to transition. Everything you just said makes me have a bad feeling in my stomach.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So somebody can finally fix it for free, probably.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Promote the broken game more, so the community can fix it

sounds like a plan :p

I can see MCC ported to PC, but not H5 just yet. 

They need a game that could sell consoles, MCC WAS that game, but not anymore.

There is one fundamental flaw in your argument, the reason e-sports such as CS.GO, League of Legends and Dota 2 thrive on PC is because they are free to play. They get the user hooked and convince them to depart with money on skins, and characters etc through their free but addictive gameplay. Name me one large e-sport on PC where users have to pay money to PLAY the game initially. 

Sorry did not realize CS.GO was not free but it is still a minimal cost of only $14 dollars on steam in comparison to $60 dollars for a console game  

• Upvote (+1) 2

- Halo 6 comes to PC

- MP portions sold separately on XB(w/e it will be called at the time) and PC for $20 or $30 (includes customs, arena, forge).

- Dedicated servers and server browsers

- PC players will play KBM in whatever playlist they want, but if they want to play with Xbox users they have to plug in a controller in specific controller only playlists

- HCS is controller only, because it's our legacy

Would split the community a bit, but you'd still have your diehard controller players and your smaller KBM population on those playlists.

Also HCS being controller only would retain most of its population where WE'D personally want.

That's the only way I see Halo 5 rising above the negative stigma surrounding the Xbox, as well as it's past (Reach, 4, MCC). 

Let more people play so they can see just how good Halo 5 feels. I'm convinced if it was on more platforms it would be insanely popular.

Also, the HCS would grow immensely. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is one fundamental flaw in your argument, the reason e-sports such as CS.GO, League of Legends and Dota 2 thrive on PC is because they are free to play. They get the user hooked and convince them to depart with money on skins, and characters etc through their free but addictive gameplay. Name me one large e-sport on PC where users do not have to pay money to PLAY the game initially.

Overwatch :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo came to PC it would be the best thing to ever happen to the franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is one fundamental flaw in your argument, the reason e-sports such as CS.GO, League of Legends and Dota 2 thrive on PC is because they are free to play. They get the user hooked and convince them to depart with money on skins, and characters etc through their free but addictive gameplay. Name me one large e-sport on PC where users have to pay money to PLAY the game initially. 

CS:GO isn't free.

Boom roasted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CS:GO is $16  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is very crucial stuff, Cooper. Please, you must tell us what else you find to sound dumb as fuck.

I mean, he isn't wrong. It is dumb sounding and not very intuitive. But if all the pro's say it already, we can't go back

Yeah, the price would probably have to be reduced (either by just selling it for 30 or less since the game's already been out for a while, or selling an MP-only version). But if MS actually made as much money as they said they did on REQs, then there's your CSGO skin equivalent for Halo. 

If they make the calculation that selling H5 MP for cheap/free** on PC + porting over the REQ system as well will garner more profits than keeping the game on console, it's a no-brainer.

**they'd probably have to release the MP for cheap/free on console as well to maintain consistency and not piss people off

• Upvote (+1) 1

The past few nights many games have been either choppy for me and my squad or lagging towards the end of matches

Ditto.

CS:GO isn't free.

Boom roasted.

realized it immediately after posting, fixed my post 

CSGO is like $15, but Steam is always having sales. I picked it up for $3 when I bought it. 

If Microsoft ports it to PC and doesnt drop the price it will fail, just like how Call of Duty is basically a failure on PC - well.. maybe not FAILURE, but you never hear about PC COD. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm not a pc gamer, but i would become one for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1