CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks man is Royal 2 for example 3 horizontal and 3 vertical with 4 aim accel?

No I believe they are all default. No one changed thier horiz and vert with the new update
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the "halo 5 is not a true halo game" argument. What makes a true halo game? If you're going to make arguments like that then the only true halo game should be halo 1, which no other halo is close to. All halo games are very different from one another so I'd like to know what this "true halo game" is.

When people say shit like that they usually mean that halo 5 isn't like their favorite halo game.

I don't agree with that statement, but I guess if you look at the games from a basic perspective, 1/2/3 can be grouped together, while Reach/4/5 aren't "true Halo games" because of the movement/armor abilities.  

Probably similar to the "boots on the ground" movement in CoD right now.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not really, as that movement seems to be much more concentrated, i.e the VAST majority of that community support it, whereas with halo, we are supposedly the minority, hence why you cannot compare the two series, as we have gotten more and more shit to deal with with every single iteration that is released, and TAKE IT.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not really, as that movement seems to be much more concentrated, i.e the VAST majority of that community support it, whereas with halo, we are supposedly the minority, hence why you cannot compare the two series, as we have gotten more and more shit to deal with with every single iteration that is released, and TAKE IT.

I"m not sure what you mean when you say the vast majority of CoD supports flying around like a lunatic.  The IW trailer is the second most disliked video on YouTube (Mostly bandwagon, but there's still hatred there).  IW knew they needed to do something to please the community, which is why they did the MW Remaster along with it. Best of both worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I"m not sure what you mean when you say the vast majority of CoD supports flying around like a lunatic.  The IW trailer is the second most disliked video on YouTube (Mostly bandwagon, but there's still hatred there).  IW knew they needed to do something to please the community, which is why they did the MW Remaster along with it. Best of both worlds. 

Until people realized they had to spend $80 to even see the remaster and hated them more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With graduation and all the festivities that go with it, I haven't had time to pay attention to Halo. I've finally caught up after being behind for about a week and a half now. Thank yall so much for making it so easy for me to keep up with this scene I love so much. Love my TB fam.

PS the new sensitivity stuff is fucking with me so hard, or maybe I'm just rusty.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not what I was getting at.  

People will say Reach isn't a true halo game because of sprint/armor abilities/etc, the same way people will say AW isn't a true CoD game because of the jetpacks and thrusters.  

That's all I'm saying.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

been hitting "check availability" on my coveted GT since 6AM still not available but its still showing up as AngryPuppy12345 on the GT look up site. :mj:

Until people realized they had to spend $80 to even see the remaster and hated them more.

It's a download code.  We both know damn well that they'll buy the game, redeem the code, and sell IW.  The whole thing is going to be a shit show. 

It's a download code.  We both know damn well that they'll buy the game, redeem the code, and sell IW.  The whole thing is going to be a shit show. 

If that actually works I'll be first in line to do it but honestly I won't be surprised when you either have to own the new game digitally or have the physical infinite warfare disc in your box to play the remaster. There is no way they don't see that coming.

I don't understand the "halo 5 is not a true halo game" argument. What makes a true halo game? If you're going to make arguments like that then the only true halo game should be halo 1, which no other halo is close to. All halo games are very different from one another so I'd like to know what this "true halo game" is.

When people say shit like that they usually mean that halo 5 isn't like their favorite halo game.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

been hitting "check availability" on my coveted GT since 6AM still not available but its still showing up as AngryPuppy12345 on the GT look up site. :mj:

Better that than being owned and unused since summer 2013 :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dude don't try to be so dense, Halo1/2/3 feel very similar. I know they have they differences but the feeling is there. Now with Reach and the SprintHalos they feel different.

Halo 1/2/3 do not feel similar at all. Halo 1 plays entirely different from any other Halo game and has completely different map design as the other games. Halo 3 played much slower than Halo 2 and had entirely different gunplay. As someone who plays MCC very frequently those games are nothing alike.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be completely fair, back when h1/h2 was out a lot of us were teenagers with no lives after school and/or the weekends. Or our lives involved 12 hour xbox sessions with our friends LANing.

Now we have "responsibilities" and "bills."

Ugh. Not saying a Tour De Walsh would be a hell of a lot more fun than Halo 5 though.

On the subject of that Contra thing, at least the Ogre twirch actually had a factual use in Halo 1 for calibration purposes. That start button thing is placebo.

No I believe they are all default. No one changed thier horiz and vert with the new update

I thought snakebite said he did. 3 horizontal i think

I don't agree with that statement, but I guess if you look at the games from a basic perspective, 1/2/3 can be grouped together, while Reach/4/5 aren't "true Halo games" because of the movement/armor abilities.  

Why is movement what you use to group the games together? Why not gunplay or map design. Halo 2/3 aren't "true" halo games because they have too much autoaim and the br isn't a "true" halo weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 1/2/3 do not feel similar at all. Halo 1 plays entirely different from any other Halo game and has completely different map design as the other games. Halo 3 played much slower than Halo 2 and had entirely different gunplay. As someone who plays MCC very frequently those games are nothing alike.

I agree. I think every Halo is completely different. Map design, shot registration, melee system, and lots more. Hell, I don't think you could even crouch walk in Halo 1 and don't get me started on that melee. 

Misunderstood what i said completely, I was reffering to the support for the movement i.e boots on the ground. They are sending a crystal clear message to not only to infinity ward but to the activisiion who produces the next game after IW. This is as close as you will get to a public outcry/movement, as you will see in console shooters. Contrast this to halo where we are so divided and split that it is impossible to send such a message. Hence why we have so many unwanted features, as they know we are a minority.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So whats this gamertag is reseved deal, does that mean someone has it?

If its reserved someone has entered it to check availability but have yet to take it. It is reserved for them for an undisclosed (I think) amount of time.

I agree. I think every Halo is completely different. Map design, shot registration, melee system, and lots more. Hell, I don't think you could even crouch walk in Halo 1 and don't get me started on that melee. 

Or the mini-nuke nades of CE.  

If I could create a mix of the games, I would take:

The Movement (Strafing), and Magnum of CE

The BR and button glitches of H2

The nades and power weapons of H3

A mix of Maps from all of them. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Misunderstood what i said completely, I was reffering to the support for the movement i.e boots on the ground. They are sending a crystal clear message to not only infinity world but to the activisiion who produces the next game after IW. This is as close as you will get to a public outcry/movement, as you will see. Unlike in halo where we are so divided and split that it is impossible to send such a message.

Ahhh my bad.  

Not what I was getting at.  

People will say Reach isn't a true halo game because of sprint/armor abilities/etc, the same way people will say AW isn't a true CoD game because of the jetpacks and thrusters.  

That's all I'm saying.  

I don't think you are correct with regards AW, I follow the competitive scene in COD quite closely and noone dismisses the accomplishments of those players in the same manner as they do with regards reach-4, (some players may have during the game but have since realized that the same players who were good during AW abusing the jet pack are still good in blops 3.) This is largely due to the competition disparity, i.e after halo 3 the number of teams competing and new talent emerging reduced drastically, and although AW saw a decline it was nowhere near the same magnitude so the accomplishments of those players still hold relevance. 

I also think you are incorrect with regards halo 5, I don't think any dismisses halo 5 in anywhere near the same manner as reach and halo 4 (unless you venture into the top ten halo players of all time thread).

Could you explain what resetting the aimer means

everytime you press start, it recenters your reticle