CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IDK man, not sure if I'd be down with using a system that has so many holes...

Now this is a good pun, you can learn from this Audley.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope EG scrims tonight. They need to ride off of last night's momentum and not fall behind.

EG scrimming 3 nights in a row? 

giphy.gif

EG pls..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good job to everyone who made their voices heard.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Everyone who argued for double elimination give yourselves a pat on the back.

And also to ESL for listening to the community, give yourselves a pat too. GG

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love how people said we shouldn't complain about it because no one will listen.

The voice of reason won.. probably because it sounds like that annoying girl in highschool who always reminds the teacher to collect the homework.

But still, we won!!

@@Vivi So is it Double-Elim groups into Double-Elim bracket? Or just a 16-team Double-Elim bracket?

There was never a point where only top 4 was getting paid...

he means top 4 from pro league Are the only ones that get to play at the event
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Single elimination works best when:

• You do not care to value consistency (summarized: who is the best on the day of competition? bring it all, no excuses, loss is a loss, etc.)
  • You already have evaluated a team's consistency (most sports leagues have a regular season in this case)
  • You want provide meaning to a regular season (arguably provides more weight to regular season games for seeding)
  • The primary goal of the tournament is to determine a singular best competitor

So now that we have the Pro league to establish team consistency and all that, how does everyone feel about the next World Championships being single elimination like the last one? For me at least, that format would be a lot more exciting.

@@Vivi So is it Double-Elim groups into Double-Elim bracket? Or just a 16-team Double-Elim bracket?

The former. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

There was never a point where only top 4 was getting paid...

I'm not sure how much influence the community had on the decision to go to double elimination or if you guys were toying with the idea already, but thanks for listening either way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The former. 

Glad you guys changed it. It'll put many minds at ease knowing that the two best teams for sure got through rather than that a team that MIGHT be more deserving was eliminated.