CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Exactly. Its like your parents buying you a car when you turn 16 and your upset that its not a rolls royce or something. 

those stingy bastards, wheres my goddam lamborghini

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RNG has dropped to #6 in my personal power rankings.

#1 CLG

#2 EG

#3 E6

#4 ALG

#5 nV

#6 RNG

#7 Optic

#8 Elevate

I think we had identical power rankings lol

Guys, love ESL or not. It's done and they will be part of the Pro League for the upcoming season.

Chill with the bashing and whatnot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

dude you are a moron for believing this

hop off the esl circle jerk

the only company that will ever have a monopoly over csgo is valve

naw man it's a big conspiracy, esl can melt steel beams

Yep because it is just a coincidence that the only league in wesa is esl and that no other league was invited and that every team was paid 150k to join. Also it is just a coincidence that the only player owned team(astralis) was not invited.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

There's almost surely an explanation, but I'm a bit confused.

Snip3down was at his girlfriend's place and couldn't stay to finish out  two games..?

Celeste's roommate typically has to be up early for work, so Eric logged off at a certain time to be respectful of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was wondering when the WESA thing would show up here.

I disagree with h1summer's approach, and am sure halo is safe for at least the time being but it's at least worth tracking as it develops. There's a lot of stuff around the WESA thing that I'd consider cause for at least slight concern.

It's that, but another thing people really overlook about that World's Elevate squad is how perfectly Rayne and Penguin fit together. Rayne creates so many opportunities for Slayers, and he's currently doing the same dirty work for Mikwen and Ola.

Side note, but I'm actually really pleased (or at least satisfied) with the latest aim update. Being able to match my X/Y sensitivities has made my aim take off.

#BestWithChig
  • Upvote (+1) 7

With @@mediabrute retiring from memes it is a sad day. But we will never forget the memes he made. Here is the Meme Team Montage.

For those who watch the whole thing there is an epic memetage at the end :kappa:

That memetage at the end was arguably life changing. Well done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Unforeseen". Maybe they shouldn't had scheduled a maintenance on the same day as a qualifier  :holmes:

I've just woken up from a nap so I'm a little confused on all this too but to my understanding, the maintenance was set to end before the cup began and ran into some unseen issues, forcing the delay.

Sorry dudes. 

@@Moa uploaded too many memes to the ESL servers and they're cleaning house.

This is it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Celeste's roommate typically has to be up early for work, so Eric logged off at a certain time to be respectful of that.

Okay, that makes sense.

C: "Hey, roommate needs to be up early for work. Can you log off?"

E: *chair swivel* "ey bb wna fk?"

GG ERIC

• Upvote (+1) 4

After everyone talking about how awesome EG played last night, but then still losing 7-4, isn't it amazing to think about them beating CLG at X Games? It feels like a different lifetime, an alternate reality. 

It's hilarious to see the freak out after any problem that happens ITT

Didn't MLG literally contract their players so they wouldn't attend competitors' tournaments?

Can we really reference decade old stuff at this point? I could see the last few years but 2005 is a bit of a stretch at this point. eSports is totally different now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't MLG literally contract their players so they wouldn't attend competitors' tournaments?

Yup. I think all the contacts were 3 years. Maybe the first contract was for 1 year but to answer his other question about how many other leagues were trying to hold tournaments, I believe it was 2 other leagues. I forget the names of those groups though. All of them went out of business.

Can we really reference decade old stuff at this point? I could see the last few years but 2005 is a bit of a stretch at this point. eSports is totally different now.

When the subject is "x is trying to monopolize y game." then yeah -- any technique used to strong arm is kinda relevant to the conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the subject is "x is trying to monopolize y game." then yeah -- any technique used to strong arm is kinda relevant to the conversation.

Except the difference being that this was when Major League Gaming was being broadcast on television so having teams competing at different tournaments when you're trying to create cohesive story lines across several tournaments would ruin the viewer experience and legitimacy of your broadcast so signing each player to an exclusive $250,000 contract over three years kind of makes sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I found a weird grenade superboost thing while smurfing in arena.

Here's an overhead view of the grenade getting launched off of the stairs right to the back of top snipe http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Get%20Goos3d%20Kid/video/17599275

Here's the first person view: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Get%20Goos3d%20Kid/video/17599845

It looks like the grenade got caught on the top of the stairs and then got sent flying forward. Not sure the practical uses of the glitch considering it's easy to nade that exact spot by just throwing the nade, but maybe there are other ways it could be used.

I haven't been able to recreate it either so I guess it's not something that can be manipulated easily.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If I would be an RNG fanboy I would say this loss was because RNG did not scrim for days and Liquid played actually just yesterday .. though Ninja roasted me on stream yesterday so I'll say they deserved it :kappa:

I know you are kidding but it's 1 scrim that they lost by 1 game. Regardless of the liquid situation, liquid is still a good team. I wouldn't take a 1 game loss in practice too seriously

Referencing mlg doesnt work. The money from wesa is going to the orgs not to the players directly and I bet the players will never see that money. Also wesa is directly getting payed by the orgs involved so that they may stay in wesa

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those contracts might be the shadiest thing of all time in Halo history. I don't think they truly existed to be honest. All just a PR stunt.

Referencing mlg doesnt work. The money from wesa is going to the orgs not to the players directly and I bet the players will never see that money. Also wesa is directly getting payed by the orgs involved so that they may stay in wesa

Depends on the org. Some will put that money towards their players, some will put it towards infrastructure in the org. Some will absolutely use it for personal gain though.
  • Upvote (+1) 3