CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who here ever posted in a forum LastMan created? Miss those days

LastMan was the GOAT, every time he posted it was like an angel descending from the heavens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one's saying Contra and Devon carried Denial, that's outright strawmanning. You're creating statements that were never said and then trying to use these fabricated statements to make these guys look like assholes because they might want to drop the guy who got a sick no-scope at Regionals. (unless I missed a Contra/Devon stream where "we carried Denial at Worlds, bubu and Huke are bad" was actually said, in which case, I apologize)

I do believe that, despite Huke and Bubu getting all of the attention, Contra is undoubtedly the best player on Denial, and if they need to drop a player to make room for a big pickup, it should be Huke, since Devon and Contra have been teaming for years and have clearly built a duo chemistry that outweighs whatever small skill advantage Huke might or might not have over Devon. Not to mention the possibility of Huke bouncing back to CoD.

I obviously wasn't insinuating Contra/Dev LITERALLY carried the team. No team would have made Top 2/Top 4 without all four players being amazing. Was just hyperbolically stating that Contra/Dev claim to be better than Huke/Bubu, or don't want to team with them altogether. No need to look into it more than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thinkin of flamin devon hmm. #infamousrants. But yeah guys huke is TOTALLY the weak link/overrated. After getting this good hes DEFINITELY gonna just level off and not improve, it was complete luck what he did and man that denial squad carried him hard! You know maybe if he didn't hit that snipe on liquid or if the media didn't gas him up because hes a story we would call him underrated!! Just maybe though. Human nature.

you are way too emotionally attached though, we all can guess on which side you stand.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Penguin/Ace/Ham/APG team DDoSd our 4th out of a game earlier. Should be benched by their orgs until further review imo  :kappa:

Was anyone watching Nadeds stream the other night when he was running Arena with Sabinater and matched 2gre, FiS and two other pro's (I forget who)

But one of them lagged out and naded said "Lets fucking go boys I hit them offline" "I DDosed him, I DDosed him"

I was literally dying for 10 minutes

• Upvote (+1) 3

you are way too emotionally attached though, we all can guess on which side you stand.

Yeah no shit? Not rocket science troll. I don't blindly support or support on false premises though. You have no idea what crazy accusations were made behind the scenes lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 10

delete delete delete

You couldn't be unbiased here even if you wanted too.  You're related to 1 of the parties here.

It would probably be best if you didn't post about this at all, your post's are obviously emotionally charged.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Penguin/Ace/Ham/APG team DDoSd our 4th out of a game earlier. Should be benched by their orgs until further review imo  :kappa:

No y would we ever

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lame.

He's basically taking his frustration with the Denial situation out on forum members who agree with Contra and PreDevinator.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

He's basically taking his frustration with the Denial situation out on forum members who agree with Contra and PreDevinator.

What? Its honestly great they arent teaming anymore haha. my beef is with devon, again things said that you don't have a clue about.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly, why can't we just say best of luck to these guys and move on? Why even argue with someone that knows more about the situation than you do? Denial played amazing and they are all obviously great players. Trying to say who is "better" is stupid because it's a team game an. As a team they played well. When we hear actual details we can make an opinion but until then just stop arguing about nothing lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't look too bad considering Naded was lagging pretty hard and Maniac hasn't played since 1999.

He seriously looked like it. I watched three or so games last night and damn he was looking rusty. (Disclaimer: I'm awful at the game. I make no claim to be superior in any way other than not being a red-head :kappa: . It's just definitely a bad sign when even I can predict how and when he's about to die or identify when he's making a mistake).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sack up and work through your problems. If I'm playing for $1 mill I wouldn't let emotions get in the way of business. All that matters is how well you perform as a unit.

I don't disagree with this---- but it only furthers my point.

Yeah, Penguin/Rayne/Contra/Devon was a fantastic squad, and you'd think that sacking up for a $2.5M prize pool would be worth it. However, it obviously wasn't worth it in some capacity... and if it wasn't worth it with a $1M prize on the line, I doubt they'd come together now

The new ALG squad will be a good one. Not sure how good but I think it would be realistic to say at least top 8.

This was EG's first scrim and first real night of playing since Worlds. For anyone who watched the scrims last night it was apparent that EG is beginning to realize that their style of play that they employed on previous titles will not work for H5, its just too fast of a game. Similar to CLG with 2gre, EG was heavy on map position and holding down particular areas of the map. Last night they were trying to rotate and play around objectives and spawn rotations instead of being stagnant of stubbornly holding positions. 

CLG with Lethul was not an immediate powerhouse. It took some time in adjusting their play style to become the team that they are now. EG can do the same with some hard work and rethinking of strats, which to me last night was an indication of their efforts to do so. 

Similar to what I said initially. But yes, I agree that EG will need to time to adjust to their new style / way of playing. 

The point I was making was that Lethul understood the game very quickly and thus the transition to CLG was a fairly easy one (no matter how daunting).

ALG will be interesting to see develop. But the most pertinent question I have is whether any of these teams could legitimately challenge CLG for the top spot (not that they're unbeatable), of course, this will be answered in due time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People have personality clashes all the time in every other work environment       

If something is working, then you put your ego/personal distaste for someone aside and continue to work.   

That's the biggest difference between actual professionals and Esports players, especially Halo.

again, don't take what I said as support for that decision. I was saying that they clearly couldn't stick it out for personal reasons.

If they can't stick it out for that kind of money, I doubt they'd force themselves to team up without as much incentive.... that is all I'm saying.

I don't disagree with this---- but it only furthers my point.

Yeah, Penguin/Rayne/Contra/Devon was a fantastic squad, and you'd think that sacking up for a $2.5M prize pool would be worth it. However, it obviously wasn't worth it in some capacity... and if it wasn't worth it with a $1M prize on the line, I doubt they'd come together now

Yea they have the choice of doing whatever they want. Unfortunately when you have 2 teams like CLG (and to a lesser extent WG) that are comprised of so many top players, you should do whatever you can to get the best squad possible. We will see how this unfolds.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Seems to play radically different with each squad too. Was playing selfless/obj with Elevate, then shitting with power weapons tonight. 

Mikwen's always had a soft spot for Randa as well.

Mikwen honestly seems like an abso-fucking-lutely A1 teammate on a personal level

• Upvote (+1) 2