CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Each half of the bracket will feature one team from each of the four groups: two winners and two second place finishers. The top two teams from this bracket will join the HCS Pro League. 

Yeah. So if we assume that A+B and C+D are the two halves of the bracket, only one team from group A+B and one team from C+D will make pro league. OpTic and Liquid are in Group A and B, so only one can make it.

But I believe the brackets were randomized in prior tournaments so it could end up A vs C and such..

Hey everyone, all of us on Staff are absolutely loving the discussion in the thread today. Visits from HCS Staff, plenty of memes, and very awesome constructive discussion and hype centered around the Power Rankings. We just wanted to briefly go over some of our policies regarding self-promotion and some slightly new stuff that we’ll be enforcing to help strengthen the sense of community in the HCS Thread and Beyond as a whole.

Any off-topic posts that actively disrupt the flow of conversation away from the HCS thread (or any other thread for that matter) will be hidden. We strive to make Beyond the home of competitive Halo and the perfect place to establish communal conversations, and therefore, posts/links to third-party sites, Twitter handles, certain video embeds, etc. will be reviewed and possibly removed.

For example, sharing images of stat graphics or briefly mentioning an external tournament is permitted, but we don’t want it to lead to the point of self promotion where you are fishing for follows or traffic redirection.

As a reminder, when it comes to personal content through mediums outside of the site (YouTube, Twitch), you can create a single, dedicated thread to your channel to share your videos in rather than creating new threads for each video. We also have an “I’m Streaming Now” thread for you all to promote your Twitch streams.

Thanks guys, let’s keep this conversation going!

Just to be clear guys

YOU CAN STILL POST YOUR WORK AS IMAGES.

That can be for power rankings, scrims results, etc. We are just trying to avoid these "drive by" content posts with twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 6

C

Ask 343 in the call how LCQ works, they tell us. I tell you guys.

Format is completely different.

Congrats on the gold bar, I am sure this is right up there in terms of other accomplishments you have achieved throughout your halo career

Just to be clear guys

That can be for power rankings, scrims results, etc. We are just trying to avoid these "drive by" content posts with twitter.

seems reasonable to me, thanks for the clarification bossman

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just to be clear guys

That can be for power rankings, scrims, etc. We are just trying to avoid these "drive by" content posts.

I dont see this being a problem, but am I still allowed to post in this thread announcing when a Pro Player Spotlight or something goes live? I dont know if you'd consider that redirecting traffic considering it will just steer them to a different thread on Beyond.

Just want to be sure of that phrasing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont see this being a problem, but am I still allowed to post in this thread announcing when a Pro Player Spotlight or something goes live? I dont know if you'd consider that redirecting traffic considering it will just steer them to a different thread on Beyond.

The interviews have been posted on here, so that's fine to link in here. Feel free to continue those.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, you can post a link to your pro player spotlight in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The interviews have been posted on here, so that's fine to link in here. Feel free to continue those.

Awesome. Thanks. One last question, I saw the mention of twitter.

Are you just restricting the promotion of direct twitter handles...as in "Hey I just made this, go follow it" or are you guys restricting us from directly linking tweets? Because I think those are a really common source of information that are posted into the TB forums regularly. 

Looks like I'll be missing every bit of YouTube content as it comes out, this is the only thread I check. I actually think the content posts are better than 95% of anything else posted, it breaks up the monotonous arguments/twitch chat type posts with some actual Halo without me having to go elsewhere. Just my thoughts.

People can still embed YouTube content here. 

Correct = Post with embedded YouTube video in this thread.

Incorrect = Post with a Twitter Embed with your YouTube video attached to the tweet. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

People can still embed YouTube content here. 

Correct = Post with embedded YouTube video in this thread.

Incorrect = Post with a Twitter Embed with your YouTube video attached to the tweet. 

Oh I see, picked up it wrong, nothing to see here then. Move along.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Awesome. Thanks. One last question, I saw the mention of twitter.

Are you just restricting the promotion of direct twitter handles...as in "Hey I just made this, go follow it" or are you guys restricting us from directly linking tweets? Because I think those are a really common source of information that are posted into the TB forums regularly. 

Mentioning that you created a twitter is fine, but not consistent promotion or embeds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thoughts:

Allegiance are getting criminally underrated right now -- they won their group at Burbank last week, but were only top 4 in a single panelist's rankings.

Enigma 6 are being underrated by both Clicked and Simms, and putting E6 below RNG doesn't have support based off results lately -- E6 won the group containing them, OpTic, and Renegades at Burbank.  Granted, E6 and Renegades did not meet at that tournament.  Also, Enigma 6's scrim results this week are superior to Renegades (2-0 vs 1-1).

OpTic didn't even qualify for pro league, but were put 5th in Clicked's set -- ahead of 2 other teams that qualified for pro league.  Their only scrim wins this week were against Liquid and Crowd Control, teams not in anyone's top 8.

eLevate looked decent in scrims, but then lost in a tournament setting to a team that wasn't even given the time of day (who also happened to beat the other team of established pros, Clown Fiesta).  If tournaments mean more than scrims, this should be reflected in the rankings (and, at the very least, OpTic should be ahead of eLevate in most of the panel's rankings.)

EnVy's scrim results for the week aren't accurate, as their 1-12 loss in a scrim from Saturday night vs CLG is not listed under their tab (but it is listed under CLG's tab in the spreadsheet image).  This also makes the blurb saying they only played 13 games inaccurate, as they played 26.

Liquid haven't won a scrim in the last 2 weeks, and are also being forced to replace one of their players due to injury/medical reason, so although I think they could be the 8th place, but with eLevate in the mix due to beating the fan favorite Renegades twice now, I'm not shocked or surprised to see Liquid outside the top 8.  And there isn't any hard evidence to argue they deserve to be in the top 8, especially with TeamBeyond's focus on this being a weekly rating -- only evidence to knock eLevate down a peg.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of Twitter Embeds  :simms:

I like how CLG does social. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

it will be a better story line if there's only 8 and a good team doesn't qualify and then they do at the end of the season

I just think it would hinder the pro scene in size as less teams will be org sponsored outside of the 8 maybe 10

I think the important clarification everyone is waiting on is whether or not we can still post Maniac's Jaden Smith tweets.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think the important clarification everyone is waiting on is whether or not we can still post Maniac's Jaden Smith tweets.

Yes. Yes you can.

And Ace's.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pro's tweets are fine to post!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Martin is one of the leads at Gamers for Giving and the staff that will be working on the Chicago event is the same staff that organized and ran EGLx for CoD and Halo in Toronto a few weeks ago. We know the difficulties, but are more than open to help and ideas. I'll reach out to you on Twitter in the near future! Looking forward to talking! 

Martin is amazing. I was very happy to meet him at G4G and both him and Proverb put in an immense amount of effort the try and get the tournament going. I'll tweet you soon so you have me on twitter and I'll explain what my ideas are, as well as why I chose G4G. A stand alone event would be amazing but after seeing G4G I absolutely love what the event stands for.

I'll stop cluttering up this thread now.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Top 1

EG Top 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thoughts:

Allegiance are getting criminally underrated right now -- they won their group at Burbank last week, but were only top 4 in a single panelist's rankings.

As you pointed out later in your post, these are weekly rankings. We kept Allegiances brief Burbank legacy in mind but you can't ignore lack of practice.

As for the comments regarding specific rankers, its all fair debate and was actually super constructive. I can't speak for the three others, but I keep a lot of factors in mind outside of scrims/tournaments including but not limited to: Team Chemistry, Practice Regimen, Attitude, Team Composition (mEtA), closeness of games, consistency, communication, etc.

I'm always lurking scrims and try to look past the raw (1-11) CLG Victory stat.

Speaking of Twitter Embeds  :simms:

I like how CLG does social. 

Stop fishing for follows on CLG twitter.

Martin is amazing. I was very happy to meet him at G4G and both him and Proverb put in an immense amount of effort the try and get the tournament going. I'll tweet you soon so you have me on twitter and I'll explain what my ideas are, as well as why I chose G4G. A stand alone event would be amazing but after seeing G4G I absolutely love what the event stands for.

I'll stop cluttering up this thread now.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Top 1

EG Top 4.

Looking forward to it! We'll talk soon my dude.