CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

t2 has a good shot and can still play with power weps, his map movement is not good.

I definitely agree that he has seemingly refused to even try and get with the program on map movement. There are so many pros and VoD's to learn from, so I don't know how that's still an issue beyond just pure stubbornness. 

T2 has a good shot for a matchmaking kid. At the pro level? His shot is literally just okay. I cannot think of any pros off the top of my head who would't eat his shit in the Octogon. Not only that, but I can think of more than a few AMs who WOULD eat his shit in the Octogon.

We had the crazy evade in Reach and still had No Radar in competitive play.

I didn't watch a lot of Reach competitive, was the evade in MLG tourneys? 

I have to say, I'm watching Svspector and SStelluR in this 2v2 tourney with no radar and I find it a lot more exciting.  Svspector is making some nice flanks and jukes.  @@Ugug, I'm sorry but I used to neg about every other seemingly random no radar post you made simply because they always seemed out of context and slightly annoying, but now I have to agree with you.  No radar or at the very least a spartan-only radar would make for more exciting games in my opinion.

You're using 2v2 to juidge 4v4? makes sense

• Upvote (+1) 3

The pros have already tested it several times. It doesn't play good at all.

@@LethuL has already came in here stating that as well.

If you want no radar, get rid of sprint, otherwise it will be a mess.

Let me tell you some other things the pros have said. I'm paraphrasing so forgive me if I misquote a bit or mix up the people. Pros can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about what they said.

1. nvm for this one ogre 2 corrected the record

2. Ninja: said halo 4 is a great game

3. Snipedown: said halo 4 is a great game

4. Naded: said halo 4 might be one of his favorite halo games

5. Ryanoob: said halo 4 is the best halo or at least was one of the most competitive

I might be wrong about some of these but I know for a fact that some are true.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So the pros opinions have swayed so many people that now the No Radars guys are the minority, wow I thought that ill never see this day.

Keep having your crouching fun boyz.

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Let me tell you some other things the pros have said. I'm paraphrasing so forgive me if I misquote a bit or mix up the people. Pros can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about what they said.

1. Ogre 2 before No bloom no sprint in reach: "no bloom=no skill"

2. Ninja: said halo 4 is a great game

3. Snipedown: said halo 4 is a great game

4. Naded: said halo 4 might be one of his favorite halo games

5. Ryanoob: said halo 4 is the best halo or at least was one of the most competitive

I might be wrong about some of these but I know for a fact that some are true.

true, but I can't imagine this game playing that well with everybody sprinting around and thrusting all over the place with impunity

Idk, last post on this though, we can discuss it in the arena settings thread

Also, let's not pretend that someone who has made hundreds of thousands off the game as it is can have an objective opinion about changing the settings

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also, let's not pretend that someone who has made hundreds of thousands off the game as it is can have an objective opinion about changing the settings

So they can't?

true, but I can't imagine this game playing that well with everybody sprinting around and thrusting all over the place with impunity

Idk, last post on this though, we can discuss it in the arena settings thread

It's not with impunity. People have spawn knowledge. People have headphones. People have callouts. Losing track of someone that you can't finish sometimes is nothing compared to the dumbing down of the game for which radar is responsible.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, it looks like Frosty dropped Stellur and picked up Contra for today's 2v2 tournament.

Welp, that's such a sick duo.

Who are some of the bigger names teaming together? Full disclosure, I'm being lazy as fuck.

giphy.gif

Welp, that's such a sick duo.

Who are some of the bigger names teaming together? Full disclosure, I'm being lazy as fuck.

Just going off who is streaming, Snip3down/Randa, Stellur/Suspector, Spartan/El Town, Ryanoob/Devon

keep fighting the good fight radar warriors! you're never going to convince the devs but keep on fighting! 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Remember "no bloom no skill"

So they can't though? Just fanning the flames a bit before I go to bed but you understand what I'm getting at. Obviously we could keep going back and pulling snippets but really it's just isolated instances usually down to external pressures e.g. I wouldn't take anything anyone says a pre-release / release event seriously (which two of the six in that list are I believe).

Q "What are your first impressions about this game we've just invited you to play for money."

A "I think... It COULD be the greatest game of all time?"

That's not to say that some people aren't motivated selfishly but I think we can give the people that have stuck around, almost certainly at a loss, when the scene was dead and buried credit that they're not in it entirely for a greasy esports money. I have f343ith that given the opportunity CLG would reduce assault rifle effectiveness across the board without a second thought as to how it would affect their dominance over the scene. How they slice up the rest of the design decisions is up to the individual I guess.

So they can't though? Just fanning the flames a bit before I go to bed but you understand what I'm getting at. Obviously we could keep going back and pulling snippets but really it's just isolated instances usually down to external pressures e.g. I wouldn't take anything anyone says a pre-release / release event seriously (which two of the six in that list are I believe).

Q "What are your first impressions about this game we've just invited you to play for money."

A "I think... It COULD be the greatest game of all time?"

That's not to say that some people aren't motivated selfishly but I think we can give the people that have stuck around, almost certainly at a loss, when the scene was dead and buried credit that they're not in it entirely for a greasy esports money. I have f343ith that given the opportunity CLG would reduce assault rifle effectiveness across the board without a second thought as to how it would affect their dominance over the scene. How they slice up the rest of the design decisions is up to the individual I guess.

It's not necessarily about whether someone is being greasy. It's that someone might just be inclined subconsciously to like a game more in which they're dominant.

And ninja was defending halo 4 precisely because the scene was virtually dead and buried and he didn't want it to die completely. He later admitted he thought the game wasn't good. Who can blame him, though? It is his source of income, after all.

why do I still see ppl say I said this? never came out of my mouth unless sarcasm

Well I apologize for misquoting you. I had seen many people say you said that because you thought the auto-aim made shooting too easy without bloom to balance it out. I'll edit that out

• Upvote (+1) 2

why do I still see ppl say I said this?  never came out of my mouth unless sarcasm

I remember you saying something to that regard. I think it was a tweet, which would've been hard to detect the sarcasm. It was before Columbus 2012.

seems to be a common trend on the forums.  with nobody to speak truth, things just get passed around enough until everybody believes them.  some of the stuff I've read recently about "back in the day" things is comical 

2gre going innn

423.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

seems to be a common trend on the forums. with nobody to speak truth, things just get passed around enough until everybody believes them. some of the stuff I've read recently about "back in the day" things is comical

TeamBeyond - Chinese Whispers Ft. Ogre 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why do I still see ppl say I said this? never came out of my mouth unless sarcasm

What is your opinion on Radar in H5 ??
  • Upvote (+1) 4