CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ContrA 100%.  Say what you will about his personality, this guy's pistol (in particular) is ridiculous ... it's like he has an aimbot.  I saw him get four perfect kills in about 15 seconds on Truth the other day

I mentioned Contra earlier too.

About his personality...why is it that its basically an axiom at this point that Contra has a bad personality? I haven't heard one concrete example yet illustrating that he does? He has even called people out on here who have said that and I've yet to see a convincing response. Did I miss something?

• Upvote (+1) 3

There cannot be enough emphasis placed on your third point, and that's why T2 has been getting to me for a while.

For a while, people would lump 2gre, FiS, and T2 together as "veterans who aren't getting a shot because people think they fell off."

I think that applies to 2gre, even though he's obviously not the 2gre of old. It COULD apply to FiS. He is definitely not in top form anymore, but he's quite good. Although I don't think it's a travesty that he never got picked up, I think he could have done decently well.

T2? The guy was Str8 Garbage when he first got H5. Now? He's Str8 BelowAverage, and that's with him grinding like crazy for a while. If you're having significant trouble ranking up in fucking Arena, you most likely (read => absolutely) are not a top player. Couple that with his honestly shitty attitude about not finding a team (because why wouldn't you be angry at others when YOU suck?), and I just want him to go away.

100% correct; I've watched his stream quite a bit (mainly when there's no one else on) and it's amazing, I literally feel like I'm watching myself play Arena ... questionable decision-making, mediocre shot, etc.  His k/d is not great (around 1.0) but honestly that doesn't even tell the whole story, his gameplay is actually worse than the k/d would suggest.  He struggles in mid-Onyx and is just not very good at this game

• Upvote (+1) 4

About his personality...why is it that its basically an axiom at this point that Contra has a bad personality? I haven't heard one concrete example yet illustrating that he does? He has even called people out on here who have said that and I've yet to see a convincing response. Did I miss something?

For the record, I'm a fan, but he's definitely a bit ... odd.  If you watch his stream, read his Twitter, etc., you'll probably see what people are talking about.  Also his ex-teammates on OpTic were not a fan of him at all (personality issues etc.) and he's mentioned that he feels ostracized from the old boy's club pro community.  Roy is basically nice about everyone but has said on stream a couple times that he hates ContrA.  I'm not sure what a "convincing response" would be except = lots of pros don't like him after interacting with him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've watched him play a fair amount and feel the exact opposite, lol. He's sick at H5, but he definitely has a twitchy shot. It's an incredibly accurate shot, but I just get a twitchy feel from it, lol. Shows how scientific I'm being.

Haha that's crazy, I definitely wouldn't call his shot twitchy.  On the spectrum from twitchiest shot (Pistola) to smoothest shot (Formal), I'd say ContrA is almost at Formal-levels

Could you imagine if The Meme Team actually somehow managed to win the Open Qualifier?

This place would be a shit show.

I'll be stretching my hammys 20 minutes before the event

• Upvote (+1) 2

For the record, I'm a fan, but he's definitely a bit ... odd.  If you watch his stream, read his Twitter, etc., you'll probably see what people are talking about.  Also his ex-teammates on OpTic were not a fan of him at all (personality issues etc.) and he's mentioned that he feels ostracized from the old boy's club pro community.  Roy is basically nice about everyone but has said on stream a couple times that he hates ContrA.  I'm not sure what a "convincing response" would be except = lots of pros don't like him after interacting with him. 

Ok so that info is more substantive than I've seen in the past. I'm def not looking for a smoking gun response here like "Oh you didnt hear? Contra killed a guy IRL." I'm just wondering where it came from to begin with. "A lot of pros dislike him" is kind of flimsy still, but at least its not totally random. I haven't watched his stream much at all like you suggested so I'm completely in the dark here. Just felt like it was accepted he had a bad personality and in the limited exposure I've had to him, nothing negative stood out at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking of shot accuracy, did anyone ever follow up on player trait cards for pros?  I remember a while back somebody making a mockup.  Might be a really fun thing to see during pro league.  Maybe it's something that could be done in conjunction with Fantasy HCS? @moses_ftw

Edit:  Also could be really cool if it's a digital live card that updates based on weekly league stats.

I have met and gamed with Cody in person, not only is he hilarious and fun to be around, he is genuinely a good guy. Hopefully people stop using this preconceived notion that he has a bad personality. Lastly I will say, YES he is a very confident man but is that really a bad thing? He has every reason to be confident.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I personally love Contra, but I could see him rubbing people the wrong way extremely easily.

Him streaming last night:

Some kid: Why did you change your Gamertag?

Contra: Because I do whatever the fuck I want to.

I thought it was funny, but others may take offense to him being pretty brash sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Speaking of shot accuracy, did anyone ever follow up on player trait cards for pros?  I remember a while back somebody making a mockup.  Might be a really fun thing to see during pro league.  Maybe it's something that could be done in conjunction with Fantasy HCS? @moses_ftw

Edit:  Also could be really cool if it's a digital live card that updates based on weekly league stats.

I was actually thinking of making an Android app for this. It would be card based almost and each player could have 10 - 20 different stats that they are given a rating on.

I was actually thinking of taking it a step further and making it into a football manager type thing where you build a team and compete in competitive play through a sort of top down turn based game where you dictate moves for each of your players that they perform and every 5 seconds you take another turn and do it again. 

I have menus made, character movement, AI pathfinding, sound, collision and a bunch of stuff done already. Not sure if I'll keep working on it or not, it's kind of a pet project right now as I'm not sure many people would want to play and I'm sure people would get bothered about the ratings given to pros in different attributes. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Most likely because that would be "tote" phonetically, and I'd like to remember the GOAT of Halo much more fondly than that, lmao

Hey man. I thought I was being clever

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance 

and you rarely have control over what side people think you're on

we've been talking about it and have something like that in the works

fyi accuracy is meaningless 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm seeing a lot of confusion for people regarding Open Cups and LCQ.

Hopefully this helps

i3wWCvK.png

How many of the 11 will be taken from each cup hasn't been released yet though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@SnakeBite is by far my favorite pro. Guy is very likeable and down-to-earth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, no one knows what is happening to denial now correct?

So, no one knows what is happening to denial now correct?

unless they find 2 and qualify on sunday they are done in regards to the pro league

Time for Ogre2 to retire, he had a good run. But it's time to realize that he can't compete in this game, he went from CLG to NV to Denial to not having 2 teammates. I don't see him coming out of this. And don't bring the H3 era, even in that era he was teaming with great players (Neighbor, Fearitself,Strongside, Victory, Pistola, etc)

unless they find 2 and qualify on sunday they are done in regards to the pro league

Don't they only need 1?

Don't they only need 1?

denial halo is currently 2gre and seduce

arkanum retired and nemassist left to join soul red

• Upvote (+1) 3