CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How do people feel about coliseum slayer? I personally hate it. Too many power weapons and it's too easy to trap people in bases. 1 sniper or 1 rockets can completely swing the game.

Well since rosters are locked, who'll be the person to "not read the email correctly" and leak the teams this time?  :walshy:

(Pls don't actually do this)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nah, our problems are not scrimming enough.  Tonight was honestly not bad at all for us, lots of games we didn't close on but tbh that series went better than I thought it was going to.  Just working on a few things each night, idc about scrim scores, they definitely don't tell the whole story.  Pretty sure all 5 games that were close we had the lead down the stretch and just lost power up/weapon control because we are trash at that without Towey

To be fair, there was only 1 MAYBE 2 close OBJ games. 

The rest you were only close in Slayer (even then you got steaked 2nd game), which is usually the gametype CLG drops anyways. Idk, it's a tadddddd concerning but at least you admit your fault (not scrimming enough). 

Will you guys be scrimming more now that Suspector is done with school or is it Roy and Lunch that holds the amount of practice back?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3047564-hcs-pro-league-schedule-768x432.

What exactly are "open qualifiers"? we getting some twitch/halo matchups this weekend?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do people feel about coliseum slayer? I personally hate it. Too many power weapons and it's too easy to trap people in bases. 1 sniper or 1 rockets can completely swing the game.

Pit in H3 had 2 snipers, Rockets, Overwhield

The pit was also notorious for long boring stand offs, the sheer amount of power ups/power weapons placed on that maps were an attempt to encourage movement, due to those situations, I have yet to see a standoff on coliseum, have you? 

Overall I think coliseum is a better slayer map for that reason, it is exactly what it should be chaotic, with teams vying for control over key area's of the map instead of hiding snipe ramp and hoping you sniper gets a pick before pushing lol

The pit was also notorious for long boring stand offs, the sheer amount of power ups/power weapons placed on that maps were an attempt to encourage movement, due to those situations, I have yet to see a standoff on coliseum, have you? 

Overall I think coliseum is a better slayer map for that reason, it is exactly what it should be chaotic, with teams vying for control over key area's of the map instead of hiding snipe ramp and hoping you sniper gets a pick before pushing lol

yes.. pretty regularly

• Downvote (-1) 1

What exactly are "open qualifiers"? we getting some twitch/halo matchups this weekend?

open qualifiers = open to anyone to enter and the top 2 teams earn a spot in the LCQ

So AM teams that haven't registered for this weekend are screwed? Roster lock was last night and no one else can sign up?

no, AM roster lock isn't until the day of the open qualifiers 

75 people made fantasy teams, o shit

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pros should not feel obligated to test the gametypes which were changed in strange and completely random ways that literally nobody in any community asked for, like Plaza Strongholds. I feel that by ignoring the ridiculous gametypes like that, they're invalidating it and letting 343 know that it won't fly.

Everything just seems random because it's different – it's a culture shock.

I certainly hope that a significant amount of thought went into the changes, but the purpose of the changes are meta mixups and forcing people to adapt and learn new strategies. Completely ignoring them because they are intimidating is ignorant.

Pit was also much bigger and Rockets/Sniper in H3 were nowhere near as effective as they are in H5.

And dont go around calling posts ignorant because they disagree with your opinion. The 2 EU teams that qualified for the pro league arent even pinned anywhere on this site. Halo grows with more popular orgs in the pro league and not the ones from Europe where they could care less about halo.

There are a lot of Europeans on here that follow the NA teams because they are better and it's more interesting. It's stupid to say that Europeans don't care about Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

open qualifiers = open to anyone to enter and the top 2 teams earn a spot in the LCQ

thanks, but i got that part. was looking more for info on how/when/where to watch. assuming its something that will be officially spectatable.

thanks, but i got that part. was looking more for info on how/when/where to watch. assuming its something that will be officially spectatable.

oh gotcha dude

it starts at 2pm EST / 6pm GMT on saturday

player streams will likely be the only way to watch

randa will likely stream

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think?

https://twitter.com/HCSPowerRanks/status/731126733752156160

Basic editing stuff (literally paint/PPT, no more for Photoshop yet). 

Will try and post daily scrim scores and tournament results (who am I kidding I will). 

and before anybody says "scrim scores don't matter tho lolz". They can aid in rankings if used correctly/weighted correctly. They will supplement a teams predictive results/performance for the week when pro league starts much better than they will now during the big break (basically they will matter more when Pro League starts than they do now when teams are so... lackadaisical about practice).

The coloured text looks a bit tacky and makes a bit harder to read, I don't think it's really necessary either if you are consistent with putting the winner on the left. Other than that it looks decent.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The coloured text looks a bit tacky and makes a bit harder to read, I don't think it's really necessary either if you are consistent with putting the winner on the left. Other than that it looks decent.

Gotchya! Yeah, I kinda agree now.

Would it be better if the team names were a neutral color and only the scores were green/red?

Thanks for the feedback fam.

What do you guys think?

Basic editing stuff (literally paint/PPT, no money for Photoshop yet).

Will try and post daily scrim scores and tournament results (who am I kidding I will).

and before anybody says "scrim scores don't matter tho lolz". They can aid in rankings if used correctly/weighted correctly. They will supplement a teams predictive results/performance for the week when pro league starts much better than they will now during the big break (basically they will matter more when Pro League starts than they do now when teams are so... lackadaisical about practice).

Try using GIMP if you don't have access to Photoshop, it's open source and free.

https://www.gimp.org/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Try using GIMP if you don't have access to Photoshop, it's open source and free.

https://www.gimp.org/

I find if you don't have much experience with photoshop etc. then paint.net is better. It's also fairly powerful but much easier to use.

Gotchya! Yeah, I kinda agree now.

Would it be better if the team names were a neutral color and only the scores were green/red?

Thanks for the feedback fam.

Coloured scores could work, definitely make the team names neutral though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What do you guys think?

Basic editing stuff (literally paint/PPT, no money for Photoshop yet).

Looks really sick man. If you're a non-PS owning pleb like me, use pixlr https://pixlr.com/editor/ https://pixlr.com/ covers all the essentials with some really neat tricks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, our problems are not scrimming enough.  Tonight was honestly not bad at all for us, lots of games we didn't close on but tbh that series went better than I thought it was going to.  Just working on a few things each night, idc about scrim scores, they definitely don't tell the whole story.  Pretty sure all 5 games that were close we had the lead down the stretch and just lost power up/weapon control because we are trash at that without Towey

Yeah I don't hold THAT scrim against you at all. It was CLG. And the fact that you realize that you're not scrimming enough, is a step in the right direction. 

Thanks for responding.

Pit was also much bigger and Rockets/Sniper in H3 were nowhere near as effective as they are in H5.

Sactuary had 2 snipers. And H2A's sniper was just as easy as H5's. (MAYBE slightly harder to no-scope.

• Upvote (+1) 2