CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, has anyone messed with the new, advanced aim settings? 

From what I understood, matching the vertical and horizontal sensitivities is supposed to make it feel like earlier titles.... or in most peoples' words, not fucked up.

Do you think it will help? If you've tried messing with it, did it help?

Right now, I am on 3 Look Sense, 2.5 Horizontal, 3 Vertical and 3 Acceleration.  I feel like anything above 3 horizontal makes me feel as if I am playing 4 to 6 sense. 1.5 felt a tad slower than what I was primarily used to, so I just thought "I can play either 2 or 3 sense, so why not try 2.5" and that is how I came to it. 3 vertical seems the standard as of now, unless slow turn. All of this could change, but that is my opinion on it now. 

@@careh, that was poetic.

Only if it is a life-changing amount of money and the team is better than '07 FB. 

The conversion process is complete.

Final amount of teams qualifying through the Open Qualifiers won't be known until after the roster lock this evening.

Roster Lock tonight? Hot damn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now, I am on 3 Look Sense, 2.5 Horizontal, 3 Vertical and 3 Acceleration.  I feel like anything above 3 horizontal makes me feel as if I am playing 4 to 6 sense. 1.5 felt a tad slower than what I was primarily used to, so I just thought "I can play either 2 or 3 sense, so why not try 2.5" and that is how I came to it. 3 vertical seems the standard as of now, unless slow turn. All of this could change, but that is my opinion on it now. 

we're pretty close then. I'm sitting on 2.5 horizontal, 3.5 vert, and 2 acceleration. I think that I'm kind of balancing out the extra vertical sensitivity with the 2 acceleration. 

I had gotten extremely comfortable with 4/2 in the past few weeks. I think 343 just likes to destroy my psyche whenever I find a groove, but I just had to experiment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the default? I didn't touch my sens because I forgot they added the update. Everything felt normal to me so I don't think I'm going to touch it at all. I'm on 4/2 and that's what feels best atm. Sometimes I change to 4/1 when I'm jittery 

I really dislike any moving terrain pieces on maps. However this new snowy torque looks 10x better than original torque.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if anyone saw this, but:

A weapon rebalance is probably on the cards. The question is when.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure if anyone saw this, but:

A weapon rebalance is probably on the cards. The question is when.

Sooner rather than later  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm all in on Stasis for flag and slayer. Maybe add a sniper or two on slayer, otherwise it's a good map

what scrims have we arranged for tonight?

i see ninja is on, looks like roy is getting on

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is the final 2 teams in and the final 2 teams out of this LCQ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have that as a weekly show and think you have something there. Other eSport communities have been doing that to great success. My memory isn't the greatest but I think Starcraft  had one that I believe JP and Incontrol ran.

Here's the thing ... State of the Game worked because the personalities were insanely compelling and worked extremely well together.  Artosis, Incontrol, Nony, and Day9 had literally known each other for 10-12 years and are all very good speakers / very funny / etc.  Random community members doing a weekly show about Halo/HWC news will never take off without compelling hosts who either already have a following or are extremely good in front of a camera.  HCS Now or TB staff don't reach those requirements, I think, but hopefully ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm all in on Stasis for flag and slayer. Maybe add a sniper or two on slayer, otherwise it's a good map

I'd kinda like 2 snipes for CTF rather than slayer.

Keep in mind I havent played it yet, just seemed big enough for it. Also less ammo in sniper would be nice.

So the "big name" teams that are competing in the LCQ are Elevate, Optic, Liquid, Soul Red, and Denial

Flag is fun, slayer is terrible on Stasis. Spawns are like torque in that they make 0 sense.

Welcome to TeamBeyond.

Much to learn, you still have.

tumblr_mmyiz10uWg1ruga2ao1_500_zps436722

But learn you will.   :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd kinda like 2 snipes for CTF rather than slayer.

I'd love to see the dual sniper battles again, the problem is with Halo 5's speed and the magnetism, if one team gets two snipers the game could get extremely unpleasant for the opposing team. Something akin to SMG start lockout when one team has both BRs and the snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the "big name" teams that are competing in the LCQ are Elevate, Optic, Liquid, Soul Red, and Denial

Soul and eLv are in the open bracket lol from what I last heard :) Denial kinda broke up, so did God Tier, all these teams have been reformed in someway or another.(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Soul and eLv are in the open bracket lol from what I last heard :) Denial kinda broke up, so did God Tier, all these teams have been reformed in someway or another.(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

soul dropped juciyfruit too no? thats what the rumors were last night at least

soul dropped juciyfruit too no? thats what the rumors were last night at least

What the inside reports were  :kappa:  ...

Edit: See how I didn't mention Crowd Control...(No one cares :mj: RofL) announcing tonight who our 4th is  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the thing ... State of the Game worked because the personalities were insanely compelling and worked extremely well together.  Artosis, Incontrol, Nony, and Day9 had literally known each other for 10-12 years and are all very good speakers / very funny / etc.  Random community members doing a weekly show about Halo/HWC news will never take off without compelling hosts who either already have a following or are extremely good in front of a camera.  HCS Now or TB staff don't reach those requirements, I think, but hopefully ...

How do you expect personality and compelling hosts to rise if people don't try this stuff out? We can try to steal people from other scenes, but you can see by the way people treat GB that that doesn't always work. We need people from within the community to make content like SotG. I think it's the only way for us to grow. 

At the end of that video, @@RyaNoob gets a triple kill across two ground pounds. I really want to see that from his perspective 

• Upvote (+1) 1