CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have that as a weekly show and think you have something there. Other eSport communities have been doing that to great success. My memory isn't the greatest but I think Starcraft  had one that I believe JP and Incontrol ran. Another example is Thorin's and MonteCristo's show they had for LoL (i've been out of both scenes for awhile so I might be a little off but you get the picture). Both shows were successful at generating viewership and increasing interest in players/teams that might not have as big of presence on social media or twitch. I really think a weekly show like ESPN's Around the Horn would do wonders for discussion and bring in new personalities. There are some insightful people in the community and I think a show like that would give opportunities to bring them into the spotlight. This goes without saying but if someone wanted to do my suggestion I would be happy to help anyway I could.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

i hate to be that guy but can we ban meme team discussion, or at least table the discussion until a beyond tourney?

it's really clogging up this thread

I understand you're upset that you weren't a candidate for the team, but that doesn't mean you can hate on us. We're the team that gives the community hope. You dare try to crush their dreams? I hope we run into you in matchmaking, the tea bags will be unleashed in full force!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Have that as a weekly show and think you have something there. Other eSport communities have been doing that to great success. My memory isn't the greatest but I think Starcraft  had one that I believe JP and Incontrol ran. Another example is Thorin's and MonteCristo's show they had for LoL (i've been out of both scenes for awhile so I might be a little off but you get the picture). Both shows were successful at generating viewership and increasing interest in players/teams that might not have as big of presence on social media or twitch. I really think a weekly show like ESPN's Around the Horn would do wonders for discussion and bring in new personalities. There are some insightful people in the community and I think a show like that would give opportunities to bring them into the spotlight. This goes without saying but if someone wanted to do my suggestion I would be happy to help anyway I could.  

I am not a hardcore follower of the League scene - what exactly does Thorin and Monte's show talk about? 

Sons of Beyond,

I am Smee Mee, and I see a whole army of meme team supporters here in defiance of tyranny, you have come to BEYOND as free men, and free men you are, what will you do without freedom? Will you rebel and openly support/discuss the meme team? Fight and you may be banned, cower and you will remain, at least a while, and dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade, all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enimies, that they may ban our accounts,  

FOR THE MEMEDOM

tumblr_lln1leQnW01qhfvxn.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played the new Torque remix on CTF. It's basically the Eden to the Torque's Empire. The bases are similar to each other with differences to the layouts. Both the new map and Eden remind me of H1 maps. It seemed like a really good map but I wouldn't know because I was too busy jerking off to the plasma rifle. That thing is 10x better than any other REQ in the game. Nostalgia x100 and it shreds.

Not trying to bring up auto nerfing  :kappa: but the plasma rifle is what I think the Storm rifle should be. It shreds shields but takes a lot more to get the kill. Easier to switch to a pistol after shields go down.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am not a hardcore follower of the League scene - what exactly does Thorin and Monte's show talk about? 

Scandals, upcoming events, predictions, current rankings, and current/future patches. Some of their talk shows would go well over 2 hours. They have most of their episodes on Youtube with the title "Summoning Insight Episode xx". The League scene has quite a few talking points to hit but I think a 30ish minute show would be perfect for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

just saying, 4 out of every 5 posts are meme team related and it's getting kinda ridiculous

but i'm only one person so yeah

Just scroll past the posts then. Those 10 pages of power rankings were atrocious and I scrolled right past them because that topic doesn't interest me. 

Use the power of technology Moses  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok lets not get carried away and start witch-hunting. All Moses wanted to do was see that the Pro league thread is having conversations about the pro league.  

We can be civil and still discuss memes  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I understand you're upset that you weren't a candidate for the team, but that doesn't mean you can hate on us. We're the team that gives the community hope. You dare try to crush their dreams? I hope we run into you in matchmaking, the tea bags will be unleashed in full force!  :kappa:

We all know you're too nice to tea bag. You 360 blain me with the sniper. And all you do is troll me in Twitch chat. :kappa:

We all know you're too nice to tea bag. You 360 blain me with the sniper. And all you do is troll me in Twitch chat. :kappa:

I was resting my knees

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly feel bad for APG and everyone on Liquid. APG because of the crash it's self and all the problems it caused. But also Liquid because their chances of making it in to pro league just went down in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the @@Nex Tyme adaption of Einstein’s theory of General Relativity of Dank, we learned that there is a inversely proportional relationship between the value of dank of the Team Beyond HCS Pro League Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏ thread, and the corresponding term of the level of ‘power ranking shit discussion.’

For the sake of quantifying the issue, let’s take a representative model to be described as ß = 8πG / c^4Tß ; we assume that G is the classical dank coefficient (whose minimum and maximum values are 69 and 420^3, respectively), c is the maximum observable forum velocity which a meme can reach, T is the absolute value of the level of useless power ranking arguments, and of course ⍴ is the predicted level of dank. The subscript β denotes the adherence to @@Nex Tyme’s observations of levels of dank, over the course of a typical 7-day period.

Now, one thing which should be noted is that if the characteristic equation of a linear homogeneous higher-order meme derivative has imaginary roots, then the general and/or particular solutions will have oscillatory dank components. I’m not sure how that is relevant, but let’s move on.

If G assumes its classical value of 420^3, then we can also describe the maximum forum velocity c as 15 upvotes per minute. Using the described model, we obtain a maximum level of dank of 12,260.3096 (if we observe the level of power ranking arguments T as its typical value of 3 shit posts per 12 hour cycle). Thus, this model aligns itself with the observational data presented by forum member @@Nex Tyme.

However, here we arrive at the crux of the matter. When T assumes a value greater than 3, let’s say 30 posts per 12 hour cycle, we see the value of dank plummet by a full factor of 10, to 1,226.03. This reduction of forum dankness corresponds to some of the lowest levels of dank Team Beyond has seen, and supports the idea that @@Nex Tyme's data was statistically significant. 

Here is a graph which illustrates the issue. Let’s make Team Beyond Great Again.

RmSXeYp.png?1

Also, here is a link to Nex Tyme ‘s study, for those of you who are interested in exploring the origins of the dank coefficient:

I don't know what to say except that I'm honored. When I began studying dank levels all those days ago I was just a noobie with no more than 10+ rep to my name, I never thought we'd get to where we are today.  After countless hours (2 hours) and countless memes (Thanks Meme Team) I discovered the Monday Meme ban shortage. I knew I was on to something big, and I had to share it with the world. Today, after reading this post, I am comfortable passing the torch.  I feel like Orville Wright watching the moon landing. Kudos to you @@pats_21. One small step for Dankology one giant leap for TB.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Scandals, upcoming events, predictions, current rankings, and current/future patches. Some of their talk shows would go well over 2 hours. They have most of their episodes on Youtube with the title "Summoning Insight Episode xx". The League scene has quite a few talking points to hit but I think a 30ish minute show would be perfect for Halo.

I agree. I think 10-30 minutes would be good for Halo content. I don't think there's enough out there to talk for two full hours without getting redundant, and I think shorter videos are good for smaller scenes that need viewers. 

Part of me wants to make this happen, but my lack of adequate sound recording equipment is really disheartening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there is no big personality that can carry a show like that. Gandhi could but he's gone

just saying, 4 out of every 5 posts are meme team related and it's getting kinda ridiculous

but i'm only one person so yeah

Agreed. Its gotten ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy was doing this for awhile with In The Booth, but he hasn't done it since before Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1