CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lethul and snakebite has said it before, you approach scrims much different than you do tournaments, it's a mental thing.

At the end of the day here's my point: scrims can be used to understand relative power between teams, to an extent.

But never should scrims be used over tournament results to judge a team.

Of course, this is just my opinion, which I disagree with the power rankers. That's all this argument is about. Not stating I don't appreciate the content, or enjoy it, or think they're wrong or the rankers are stupid. Just that I disagree with scrims over > tourney results.

Even if teams do approach scrims differently to tournaments it's not like they're not trying to win. They're still a good indication of how well a team is playing on a weekly basis.

And it's been said multiple times, tournaments are weighted higher than scrims. The problem is there aren't enough tournaments to properly rank the teams. 

And like I said before; power rankings aren't a definitive list of teams from best to worst.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Who should Liquid pick up as their 4th for the LCQ? I know this is completely out of left field, but I think Liquid should try Ramy out. This guy as a player seems legit to my eyes. Liquid should at least try him out. 

that's actually a great recommendation

rammyy is good

• Upvote (+1) 2

In all seriousness with regards liquid, I would be looking to pick up someone from one of their closest rivals i.e denial, elevate or optic.

(weaken them to maximise your chances)

And with the players they have, it would be seriously difficult for anyone on those three teams, to think they stand a better chance with their current roster.

I come to these forums for the dank memes, not to get a brain aneurysm from this stupid discussion.

For memes?

giphy.gif

This is a Halo discussion thread :lxthul:  

Rammy is a great player. I would love to see him make some more headway. I would also like to see Falcated make some headway into the scene.

Can anyone answer this question? As I understand it, each team that has qualified for Pro Leauge can make one member change and still be registered for Pro League, right? If a team qualified changed two members (and become unqualified for Pro League), how would their slot be filled? Another qualifier or something else?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But never should scrims be used over tournament results to judge a team.

Of course, this is just my opinion, which I disagree with the power rankers. That's all this argument is about. Not stating I don't appreciate the content, or enjoy it, or think they're wrong or the rankers are stupid. Just that I disagree with scrims over > tourney results.

they said they weight tournament results heavier than scrims tho, what else do you want from them here?

• Upvote (+1) 1

people were saying heinz but he's on a hot elevate team right now, with 3 days until the open qualifiers 

so i don't think he joins liquid but who knows 

Any word on when the fantasy scores will be up?

they said they weight tournament results heavier than scrims tho, what else do you want from them here?

I see that now. I just didn't see that consistency or logic applied to the last power rankings (specifically individual rankings that apk posted).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1. CLG

2. EG

There @@VinFTW is happy w/ the power rankings now. Now we can all move on

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

1. CLG

2. EG

Mannnn stopppppp, it has nothing to do with me being an EG fan. I know that's hard to believe but come on dude.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Any word on when the fantasy scores will be up?

not yet still waiting on stats from 343, hopefully today  :sad:

Honestly fascinated by T2's rants and complaining in the past month.  I have this strange feeling that if he wasn't mediocre at this game and was actually on a decent team he wouldn't care so much about rostermania, but maybe that's just me

No one's even talking about the map changes, which IMO look very destructive to me for the most part. We should be concerned if most of those things make it into pro league, things like Fuel on truth make me have doubts about the goals of the new map layouts.

that's because map and settings change discussion needs to take place in that other place, or so i've been told. 

welcome to beyond, enjoy your memes

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. CLG

2. EG

He is right this is an algorithm debate, on how best to statistically analyze our favorite halo teams and how to correlate those online performances to the teams placings in our power ranking spreadsheets

More specifically it is about the weighted value users should place on team scrims

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I think scrims are the first worst indicator of teams potential. LAN placements are the second worst. Pro 8s are obviously the third best.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We are having the "ProxScore" discussion all over again hahaha. Next time you do power rankings just leave EG out, so we avoid butthurt Snipedown coming and starting war all over again.

Tag him if you are man enough

Honestly fascinated by T2's rants and complaining in the past month.  I have this strange feeling that if he wasn't mediocre at this game and was actually on a decent team he wouldn't care so much about rostermania, but maybe that's just me

I mean that is a pretty obvious statment when he regular says he wishes he could of started from the beginning and grinded with the same 3 guys the whole time. If he didnt feel like he was getting continuously screwed over, i think it would still bug him whats going on and maybe not be as vocal about it

I think scrims are the first worst indicator of teams potential. LAN placements are the second worst. Pro 8s are obviously the third best.

I agree. I think we should start ranking teams based on matchmaking performances. They are 4th worst and 2nd best. 

• Upvote (+1) 1