CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would like to propose a "Tilted" emote. pls beyond gods, please us.

:thinking:

Lethul and snakebite has said it before, you approach scrims much different than you do tournaments, it's a mental thing.

At the end of the day here's my point: scrims can be used to understand relative power between teams, to an extent.

But never should scrims be used over tournament results to judge a team.

Of course, this is just my opinion, which I disagree with the power rankers. That's all this argument is about. Not stating I don't appreciate the content, or enjoy it, or think they're wrong or the rankers are stupid. Just that I disagree with scrims over > tourney results.

saucey just said a few posts above that lan results are weighted more then scrim.......
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 scrim losing streak put you down to 8th, so you beating elv actually only bumped you up to 6th. Plz learn weighted averages. 

@@LethuL you forgot that taking 3 or more games off CLG counts as a win.

The last 4 EU Teams Stats from the Online Qualifier

Pulse

OP5RFUP.png

Vitality

FhpXMfP.png

The Dinosaurs

5EaHMkC.png

Penta

18hoF64.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

You have to include scrims in power rankings. Scrims are a general indicator of how teams will perform at major events. Whenever a team "surprises" good or bad, its because of expectations built largely through scrims. Scrims are also the most RECENT data points we have. There can be relatively long layoffs from event to event and the team pecking order can change drastically in a very short time.

obviously no one is saying weight Scrims more than events but if you want to multiply event results by 1.0 to weight them but you only have a few data points, and then you want to multiply scrims by .5 to weight them but you have a sht load of data points, scrims will factor heavily in the rankings.

Power rankings done for any other sport, on any major sports website are always about momentum and recent trends. It's largely a "what have you done for me lately?" exercise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Goddamn, we need some Roster Mania in here or something. Maybe some Noble news. Enough of the power rankings bickering!

Got excited to read 6 pages of overnight content and it was all arguments about power rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. Well, uh, you did.

2. Yeah, so do we, thats why we put out Power Rankings.

3. Scrims happen everyday, Tournaments happen... how often? And again, LAN results are weighted heavier than Scrim results, as stated for the 100th time.

1. Uh no? It's to discuss the league matches. Scrims are just something else you can discuss for context on the league matches results.

2. That's fine, w/e. Agree to disagree. (See below also).

3. We have plenty of tournaments to judge a teams strength right now without weighing in on scrims too heavily (also the consistency was not there when you DID use scrims to evaluate. Some teams scrims meant more than others).

Goddamn, we need some Roster Mania in here or something. Maybe some Noble news. Enough of the power rankings bickering!

We need a Tilted emote air lifted in asap.  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Attempts to steer train back onto tracks*

So who do we think will end up on Liquid???

people were saying heinz but he's on a hot elevate team right now, with 3 days until the open qualifiers 

so i don't think he joins liquid but who knows 

people were saying heinz but he's on a hot elevate team right now, with 3 days until the open qualifiers 

I think eLevate's roster is locked for the Open Qualifiers anyway

@@Saucey @@CyReN

Alright job here is done, glad we can do business with each other

Can you DM me the schedule for when you want me to cause another shit storm?

Good work, meet back same time next week?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tLzAw

Pro scrims dont matter but lets do a live stream talking about pro scrims :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

Te9pquC.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Next week we are placing Reality Check at #1, to cause mass panic.

They still would be upset over not having Pro Purple names

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine the shit storm if they picked up naded lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk

I don't see how discussing scrims has anything to do with using scrims to power rank

I feel like this is getting nowhere... Everyone is basically on the same page that scrims are used as practice BUT if people want to use that to create content than whats the issue? ESPECIALLY if they are weekly power rankings, all in good taste to me.

Soon we'll have a pro league where we can directly see teams rankings being how important the league is. I'm sure if EG had to compete @ Burbank they would've qualified fine and looked in top form leading up to it being that it mattered.

I will say this though, in sports there are power rankings done on multiple different sites that all hold value differently. TeamBeyond is kind of the Halo HUB so when something gets published it is seen of having higher value, especially with the lack of content in Halo due to size of community. I think that is what bothers the pro's, they don't like how their team may be perceived from a casual clicker. I'm just trying to see both sides, but for *weekly* power rankings people shouldn't get so upset. Only suggestion I'd have is getting more than 4 people.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Who should Liquid pick up as their 4th for the LCQ? I know this is completely out of left field, but I think Liquid should try Rammy out. This guy as a player seems legit to my eyes. Liquid should at least give him a shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you DM me the schedule for when you want me to cause another shit storm?

Tune in next week when we do the Beyond Community Power Rankings. You'll NEVER believe who got 3rd!!

• Upvote (+1) 5