CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone else is wrong guys, it is @@VinFTW's way or the highway.

Alright, the bickering back and forth is getting really fucking old at this point. Let's move on, shall we?

Elevate is looking really good. It'll be a real battle between liquid, optic, and elevate to get those 2 spots.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Everyone else is wrong guys, it is @@VinFTW's way or the highway.

This bullshit is getting out of hand.

Why can't I disagree with it? Like I'm the only one? Lol

I'm the only one who thinks scrims shouldn't be weighed into power rankings? Really?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So there can be pre-season projections and power rankings in sports but we can't do power rankings in Halo? 

ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!! It has no impact on anything. Its just for us fans to debate. Obviously people won't agree on everything and people won't always be correct.

That being said, it would be sick to have a "coaches poll" once the top 8 teams are secured in pro league. Each team would have a representative to rank the teams maybe every two weeks or so? Please make this happen.

• Upvote (+1) 6

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tLzAw

Pro scrims dont matter but lets do a live stream talking about pro scrims :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

:rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tLzAw

Pro scrims dont matter but lets do a live stream talking about pro scrims :simms::simms::simms::simms::simms::simms:

What's your point here?

You can't discuss a teams practice? Don't sports do that all the time? Send reporters to practice? Discuss how players feel or look during practice?

Power rankings determine an overall teams power, ability to win. Which is determined by winning when it matters.

You can discuss scrim results without implying rankings or a greater overall power compared to other teams.

"RNG looked rough against elevate, let's see how that translates to the pro league matches this week" etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why shouldn't scrims be considered?

It's obvious that these players are trying their damn hardest to win. The fact that it's technically just practice shouldn't make much difference, you practice like you play. If a team is consistently winning scrims it's a pretty good indication of how well they're playing.

Also the "but it's online" complaint is irrelevant considering the whole league is online.

Obviously scrims aren't definitive. Winning one scrim doesn't make the winner better than the loser. However, it's good enough to give an idea of which teams are playing best/worst on a weekly basis ie: exactly what the weekly power rankings are for.

• Upvote (+1) 9

:rekt:

Idk

I don't see how discussing scrims has anything to do with using scrims to power rank

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

*Attempts to steer train back onto tracks*

So who do we think will end up on Liquid???

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless CLG wasn't placed #1 in the power rankings, there should be absolutely no outcry. Everyone seems to be accurate in that regard. 

Oh, okay. So Scrims are important enough to setup a live show to discuss, but not important enough to gauge how a team stacks up with the rest of the pack.

Perfect Sense :simms:

Yes saucey, I totally said a live stream should be set up to discuss scrims.

I think scrims can be used to gauge a teams relative strength.

This whole argument is based on using scrims OVER tournament results to rank a team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's your point here?

You can't discuss a teams practice? Don't sports do that all the time? Send reporters to practice? Discuss how players feel or look during practice?

Power rankings determine an overall teams power, ability to win. Which is determined by winning when it matters.

You can discuss scrim results without implying rankings or a greater overall power compared to other teams.

"RNG looked rough against elevate, let's see how that translates to the pro league matches this week" etc.

Power rankings are speculation and your last sentence in this quote is no different than the power rankings Beyond puts out...
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Unless CLG wasn't placed #1 in the power rankings, there should be absolutely no outcry. Everyone seems to be accurate in that regard. 

Next week we are placing Reality Check at #1, to cause mass panic. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is this being discussed for so long? Halo isn't CS where we have tournaments literally every week or two. Scrims are the only form of consistent competition that we have and have to be used for these power rankings things. If you want power rankings to happen more than 3 times a year, scrims have to be used. Case closed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes saucey, I totally said a live stream should be set up to discuss scrims.

I think scrims can be used to gauge a teams relative strength.

This whole argument is based on using scrims OVER tournament results to rank a team.

1. Well, uh, you did. 

2. Yeah, so do we, thats why we put out Power Rankings.

3. Scrims happen everyday, Tournaments happen... how often? And again, LAN results are weighted heavier than Scrim results, as stated for the 100th time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would like to propose a "Tilted" emote. pls beyond gods, please us.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't really have much of a voice here but I believe the Power Rankings are great to spark a discussion about what we're here to talk about, Halo. It can also be helpful for newer people to the scene to get a grasp of the top Pro teams. I've only started to follow Halo closely recently and when I started I had no idea what teams/players are good. Perhaps coming across these rankings somewhere can actually help people too.

Obviously though offline performances should have more weight than online performances but seeing as they are power rankings and they rank the teams on how they're currently performing online results are a big factor into this. However, as far as I'm aware there's no other esport or sport even that ranks teams based on how they're practicing? People don't say Messi is the football player in the world because he's doing great in training, they say he's the best because he performs during matches. 

I'm all for the rankings, they're great, but there's always two sides to everything so people are entitled to their opinions without being told they're wrong. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Guys, stop this. What if all of this fighting at the Beyond Fam over power rankings is what's keeping Formal away from his true love, Halo?

Make Formal Great Again, no more arguing over power rankings.

:kappa:

What's your point here?

I will attempt this one last time and then i will give up as I don't think it is ignorance just a misunderstanding of ideologies 

I do not agree with you in the regard that it is just practice, if that is what they are looking for, there are other ways of achieving it, these players are setting up competitive games, hours in advance, so they can compete against another team, if it was just practice, they could do that against anyone. Teams take scrims seriously, practice is taken lightly, if something is taken seriously, it means the teams are trying to win, if the team is trying then it is something of value, it is something of value it can be used to track a team's performance.

Teams don't just pick scrims all willy nilly, they want to compete against worth while teams, yes theoretically you can count it as practice but it is practice with a purpose to win and take it seriously. Otherwise why not just play mm.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why shouldn't scrims be considered?

It's obvious that these players are trying their damn hardest to win. The fact that it's technically just practice shouldn't make much difference, you practice like you play. If a team is consistently winning scrims it's a pretty good indication of how well they're playing.

Also the "but it's online" complaint is irrelevant considering the whole league is online.

Lethul and snakebite has said it before, you approach scrims much different than you do tournaments, it's a mental thing.

At the end of the day here's my point: scrims can be used to understand relative power between teams, to an extent.

But never should scrims be used over tournament results to judge a team.

Of course, this is just my opinion, which I disagree with the power rankers. That's all this argument is about. Not stating I don't appreciate the content, or enjoy it, or think they're wrong or the rankers are stupid. Just that I disagree with scrims over > tourney results.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

*Attempts to steer train back onto tracks*

So who do we think will end up on Liquid???

I tried steering it back on track. Looks like it's a runaway train at this point.