CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No. They are important milestones for players. Scrims matter. If OpTic 11-0d CLG in a Scrim tonight everyone would be going nuts, and so would you. Everyone knows they matter.

Here is how Halo / eSports works:

We destroy a team in a scrim = We are the sickest ever.

We lose badly in a scrim = We werent trying, the host sucked, these kids are warriors, scrims dont matter.

Also "content value". Lets not pretend any online scrim posted is raking in a ton of views. Re-uploading scrims from your stream has literally 0 value in my eyes and it is very lazy content.

We can keep going if you keep responding with things that dont make much sense.

They make sense, you're just being too stubborn to try to understand my side of the argument.

You're right, uploading scrims is not that intriguing but I was simply trying to see your point about why pros spend time uploading them. Certainly watching one match (that's sometimes the one game a team wins in a scrim) is only really enticing for people who have no idea what that match means (because no context). Anybody else, like us, knows that's not definitive proof that a team is good or bad. It's certainly not definitive proof that a team is going to be really good on LAN.

I don't know why you're lecturing me on content value btw, that's completely unrelated to the actual core of our disagreement.

Yes, I'd go crazy, but I don't think that will mean anything at a tournament.

I learned my lesson when EG was beating RNG 10-3 in scrims closer to Worlds and then lost when it mattered (God that sucked).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

The only thing pros should be worried about is making dat chedda and winning tournaments.

Power ranks are for the community, not the pros.

If i could continuously upvote this I would.

Can someone please explain to me why Snipedown is complaining, EG are in the top 4 aren't they?

Jesus christ i expected this from the fans but why do the pro's care, if were wrong prove it. don't bitch about it.

did u @ him doe?

@ him if u hrd bro

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is not basketball, the NBA, etc. Online Scrims are what I would say are the equivalent to a "Regular season game" in the NBA in my opinion, especially since we have very little regular season sanctioned events in Halo compared to other games. They are not as crazy as the playoffs (LAN), but they do have value in determining where a team is on the food chain.

Rather than once every 6 months basing power rankings on LAN events... LAN events simply do not happen enough to produce consistent content around, and during pro scrims I think we can all agree that players are trying their hardest to win, so I am not really seeing the issue here. Yeah Xbox Live, We had an off night/week, Online Warriors, yaddah yaddah, but that is the nature of the beast.

We understand that showing up for LAN tournaments "counts". Which is why LAN is weighted considerably heavier than any online Scrimmage. 

Thanks for your permission Vin, with your holy blessing we will continue to do power rankings.

LOL.

• Downvote (-1) 1

LOL.

The funny thing is that I was seeing @@GoldenboyFTW's point, and agreeing somewhat with him.

But I don't expect Saucey to call out Goldenboy. Easier to call out a random forum member :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys why are we discussing power rankings when something serious is about to happen:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The funny thing is that I was seeing @@GoldenboyFTW's point, and agreeing somewhat with him.

But I don't expect Saucey to call out Goldenboy. Easier to call out a random forum member :simms:

I really already regret adding to this convo, but you have to be able to see the difference between the way you and @@GoldenboyFTW stated your opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really already regret adding to this convo, but you have to be able to see the difference between the way you and @@GoldenboyFTW stated your opinions.

How so? Should I go subtweet on Twitter about it?

I'm here, a member of the community, contributing to the debate. It's an important debate to have. That's how you improve and gain different perspective on things.

I don't think I said anything differently than GB did until people started making jokes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I find it funny how my most recent post was negged because I stated a truth that a few disagree with, yet no one wanted to respond to it.

So I'll say it again, feel free to respond to me this time.

If you don't make the HCS Pro League, you're not a PRO....

So please stop saying that the "Pro's" will dominate the Challenger division.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys why are we discussing power rankings when something serious is about to happen:

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So did I miss anything from last night?

Power Rankings debate and then there's the APG situation with his injury.

So did I miss anything from last night?

Nah, same song & dance

How so? Should I go subtweet on Twitter about it?

I'm here, a member of the community, contributing to the debate. It's an important debate to have. That's how you improve and gain different perspective on things.

I don't think I said anything differently than GB did until people started making jokes.

There's a way to be passionate and discuss something you don't agree with without coming off like a neurotic douche.  

Your posts come off like your opinion is the end all be all and anything that goes against the way you think it should be is shit and needs to be changed to appease you.  

Your posts compared to Goldenboy's are night and day.  

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

without coming off like a neurotic douche.  

Your posts come off like your opinion is the end all be all

I got far too much enjoyment out of that but ..........

jimcarrey_herewegoagain.jpg

• Downvote (-1) 1

This reminds me of the classic line people use during our tournaments when they lose a dispute, "if I was a pro you would have let me win".

Give me a break.

Look at Goldenboys post, how he lays out his opinion crystal clear with not even a shred of maliciousness, while at the same time listing why he dislikes power rankings.

Why would I call someone out for a constructive post? Your posts were not even close to being constructive, and offered no solutions, only complaints.

So you can take the "oh poor me I'm a random forum member" cop out and throw it in the garbage.

I tried that, the other day. I gave plenty of suggestions. I don't know what or how you're reading my posts but up until your post about me giving you permission (jab) I've been fairly level headed.

"Offering no solutions" oh please. This is not the first discussion on this we've had so don't act like I didn't offer PLENTY of solutions the other day.

All I've been doing is explaining to you why I think scrims don't matter. If me disagreeing with you is complaining the what's the point of offering any constructive criticism and feedback?

If you think there is any maliciousness in my posts you're putting far too much into this argument.

But I'll remember that next time and make sure not to disagree with you :simms:

That's nice Johnny, there was nothing neurotic about it. I'm disagreeing with the methodology applied to the power rankings.

Pros have too. They even laughed and joked about it on Twitter. Others here have too.

I'm just here disagreeing and stating my opinion. I already offered solutions the other day.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Just updated the game today as I've been 3 weeks without my 6th limb (the internet) and I'm having serious problems with the screen freezing. Seems to happen when there is too much going on on the screen (been playing warzone), but only happens in H5. Is this a new problem with the update?