CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hoping for real feedback...

probably get another one of these instead.  :kappa: 

please be sure to like, comment and subscribe. 

PEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Upvote (+1) 9

I wonder if the pro league is going to let teams name like..1 sub per team from the Amateur scene(or just a player not already in the pro league). So in the event that what happened to APG happens to a team during league play, there is a precedent for how to proceed. Would be a lot better than the team just having to forfeit that week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Echo Fox just got a CoD team. Suppppper jealous rn. 

OT: Stasis actually looks good. 

Rick Fox is a cool guy. If anybody hasn't read up about Echo Fox, here's a cool article from January. He's been a big advocate for eSports in general and has brought some great exposure to other big personalities capable of supporting new organizations.

Is there somewhere I can see Stasis? Didn't get to see the livestream and can't find anything about it.

I wonder if the pro league is going to let teams name like..1 sub per team from the Amateur scene(or just a player not already in the pro league). So in the event that what happened to APG happens to a team during league play, there is a precedent for how to proceed. Would be a lot better than the team just having to forfeit that week.

I'd assume so.

Would be fun to see a couple pros be part of the rankings. Like yourself and uhh, Lethul?

I sort of like this idea. Maybe take a vote from all 4 players and the coach of the team currently ranked 1? Although I could see @@LethuL ranking every team with a fan base ahead of CLG. 

I love the idea of power rankings and the excitement and controversy they bring. 100% agree that we should have more votes cast into it though. Maybe take a coaches poll from the top 8 teams? Something. Any way you look at it, its the community's baby and we should cherish it and appreciate that ppl take time out of their day to do things like this for the entire Halo community.

Soooo...

Does EG even play Halo 5 anymore? :kappa:

Can't reveal those strats bro lol

It's four people getting together, giving their top 8 like any other person on these forums and listing them as more important.

Very true

Please permaban me i cant take being part of this group of cringers

• Upvote (+1) 1

That breaks my heart if APG can't be ready to go. Was rooting for him in this unfortunate situation. On a competitive note, it would be smart for liquid to test the waters on snagging a player from elevate, as they may the the speed bump or even that wall that could keep them from qualifying. Two birds one stone me thinks.

I was thinking the same exact thing.  Heinz came to mind first. I think Liquid has enough slaying power, and a leader/shotcaller/strategist like Heinz could be what puts them over the hump, and possibly take that leap; somewhat like Str8Sick replacing Flame, even though they haven't qualified yet, I think we can all agree Optic is much better than they were with Flame.

...And good point about taking one of your possible toughest opponents' arguably best player.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny you should say that, because the two Slayer games I played tonight I 1) rubberbanded all game and then 2) dropped out three minutes into a game.

Don't know if it's the servers or TWC, but I haven't had problems up until this point

I know this sounds elementary, and noobish, but I hoped on the other night for the first time in a few weeks, and after about 5 games noticed some pretty bad lag, but only lag spikes, not really the entire time.  Immediately I realized that I probably hadn't set my XB1 to have a "DMZ" host so my XB1's IP address could pass through the filter.  Sure enough, I checked my network settings and my NAT was "moderate".  Quickly jumped online (thru my PC), login in to my modem, and set my "DMZ" host for whatever the IP address was on my XB1, did a power cycle with my PC and XB1, and my NAT was now "open".  Obviously, it was night and day. I mean to the point where there was a few snipe headshots the game generously gave me when I felt I wasn't that close.  

Basically what I'm saying is that in past Halo's having my NAT "moderate" or "open" always made a difference but not nearly as much as it does on H5, and I'm guessing that has something to do with it being played on dedicated serves.  Some nights I would be playing on "moderate" and wouldn't notice until like maybe an hour or two in to gaming where I would get some minor lag and remember to check my network settings on the XB1, but in H5 after a couple games I can immediately tell, and it reminds me to check and make sure my "DMZ" host is set to the right IP address of my XB1.  The other night was the first time I experienced the "heavy" reticle that I have seen so many post about.

If anyone is having a problem with their NAT being stuck on "moderate" or "strict", please feel free to DM me and I'll do my best to help you get it to "open".  I'm no networking expert, but depending on the modem you have, it can be a quick, simple fix and save much frustration. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There has to be a better way to open your NAT than making your Xbox your DMZ host, especially since there's no actual DMZ set up. It's been a while since I studied networking so I don't know off the top of my head but I'll try and figure it out when I have time today.

I just feel like opening your box to the Internet without any protection can't be very secure.

Edit: I'm just paranoid about network security because of my job and there's a 99% chance nobody will ever even know you're leaving the box's ip open. So you're probably fine. But I'm curious now so I'm going to still look it up

What if Liquid picks up 2gre and they make pro league?!

2gre would be in... :prayers:

probably going to be Heinz, he's so good, although, not really sure if he's better than 2gre

Feel super bad for @@aPG though, sitting out something like this because of injury is one of the hardest things you have to do. Your mind tells you so badly you want to play but your body is telling you that you can't. I know deep down he will recover and come back strong in the future though. He's too good not to.

Also @@GoldenboyFTW don't hide we like when you post :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Renegades loses twice to elevate 6-7, e6 gets 4th at an invitational with four teams, then dominates an OpTic team who has proven to choke when it matters the most, and they get top power rankings spots. We don't scrim consistently, and get placed lower than an OpTic team who isn't even qualified. In my honest opinion, power rankings mean nothing at this point and should just be held off until pro league, right now it's just four people giving their own opinion and hold no weight. Any one of the people posting on this forum could create a list of teams in an order they seem to think is the truth and list them as "power rankings" when it should honestly just be 1.) CLG .... Then everyone else. These "official" power rankings hold no more weight than anyone else's opinions but if it's amusing for everyone and gives people something to debate about, then w/e. Elevate beats RNG twice, instant top 2, elevate takes 4 games from CLG, EG beats elevate 7-2, EG top 1 confirmed

LMFAO textbook Snipedown salt.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe make power rankings a poll that everyone can vote in; would honestly be a much more accurate list and would be helpful to people who can't keep up with scrims and whatnot.

I wouldn't change a thing about the power rankings. They clearly spark discussion and do their job. The only thing I'd change is the tb reaction to the reactions. I'd think it's best not to antagonize the people who are passionate about your subject matter

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wake up expecting 8-10 pages of how last night's scrims were only to see more debates over Power Rankings..... :wutface: 

I wake up expecting 8-10 pages of how last night's scrims were only to see more debates over Power Rankings..... :wutface:

you're not helping

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with @Snipedown that it really is 1. CLG, 2-8. Everyone else. That being said, I can't believe we are hating on additional Halo content. This is good as it creates controversy and gets people fired up about them. Even though some may not agree with the methods, I actually think it is a great piece of content that I look forward to weekly. 

Can someone please explain to me why @@Snip3down is complaining, EG are in the top 4 aren't they?

Jesus christ i expected this from the fans but why do the pro's care, if were wrong prove it. don't bitch about it.

I agree with one point he made though, the power rankings are inaccurate at the moment, nothing will change that, all the variables are not fixed yet and by that I mean, we don't know who is in the pro league, teams are not yet fully formed, teams that are qualified may not be trying to win scrims but rather learn from them i.e trying out different strats and shit and lastly but not least all teams locations are not yet set (i.e some teams may move into a team house).

So until the pro league starts, the power rankings will be inherently inaccurate, but it is not designed to be 100% accurate and factual, this is just supposed to be a bit of fun, and a piece of content for the community (i think its great despite the obvious flaws as it gets the community involved and creates hype). 

I get it, your team is not ranked as high as you perceive to it be and that hurts, but stop bitching about your placement in A COMMUNITY POWER RANKING (it really should not matter to you) and prove you should be placed higher. It really is that simple.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Anyone know why last nights RNG v ELV scrim isn't showing up on H5arena? It showed 6-1 when I went to bed last night and now it's gone.

Edit: It's up now. Also, looking at the games it was never 6-1. Maybe just needed to catch up after last nights internet outage.

Classic RNG to choke a 6-3 lead though... :/