CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not really the intention we had when doing these. I honestly didn't think it would cause this much drama, but again I've been reading power rankings from the NFL for years with no issues with them. We figured it would be content the community would enjoy.

Very well then, perhaps im looking too far into things (I can do that from time to time).

I don't see the issue with them either, I see them as more or less for fun and simply to create engagement and activity/participation, akin to stats.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's four people getting together, giving their top 8 like any other person on these forums and listing them as more important. I'm not bothered, I'm laughing a little

Not aimed at you in particular, just the massive discussion this caused over the past few days and obviously right now with it being re-sparked. 

--

• Upvote (+1) 1

RNG gets so tilted online. Im glad Commonly gives it right back to ninja when they argue and although sometimes it might sound a little harsh i think its constructive. 

If these power ranking are based on daily scrims (which they appear to be) then it's a flawed system. A team should not scrim because they want to win some games but rather scrim because they need to learn something. Wins and losses shouldn't mean much and if a team is "scrimming" for wins and losses then they're doing it wrong.

These rankings are made by the community for the community. No matter how integrated pros are within it, they really shouldn't take the results without a grain of salt. If they've gotten to that point there are probably more issues at hand.

What's the saying? A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep? Let us bah away over it. It's nothing but a little fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you disrespecting my family?

Little did I know Audley would be a fan of British comedy.

EDIT: But does this face look bovered, though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How did the power rankings argument even get brought up again?  :wutface:

Poor moderation.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So i'm catching up on the power ranking news. It's really not that big of a deal. I wouldn't take them seriously at all. It's people's opinion. Do you think professional athletes get salty over ESPN power rankings? Nope. 

So i'm catching up on the power ranking news. It's really not that big of a deal. I wouldn't take them seriously at all. It's people's opinion. Do you think professional athletes get salty over ESPN power rankings? Nope. 

Professional may not, but college do. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, only have a few more members part of it so that if one person ranks e6 2nd place, that doesn't skew the overall placings that much.

Would be fun to see a couple pros be part of the rankings. Like yourself and uhh, Lethul?

It's four people getting together, giving their top 8 like any other person on these forums and listing them as more important. I'm not bothered, I'm laughing a little

Why do you care so much ??

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1