CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But elevate beat RNG before the qualifier last weekend and OpTic knocked them to losers bracket, what is the ruling on this?

elevate top 2

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is still happening? :/

Just want to point out that these are WEEKLY power rankings. Not overall.

I hadnt been using my phone so I was wayyy behind where we are now. If this has been beaten to death I apologize, but what is the difference between weekly power rankings and overall? It really doesn't seem like there is any
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Who'd have thought power rankings would really bother people this much.

It's four people getting together, giving their top 8 like any other person on these forums and listing them as more important. I'm not bothered, I'm laughing a little
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 8

It's four people getting together, giving their top 8 like any other person on these forums and listing them as more important. I'm not bothered, I'm laughing a little

EG has to be #1 because CLG has placed outside the Top 8 in two LAN tournaments since Worlds and EG placed 1st in one of them. #CLGSlump

• Upvote (+1) 4

How did the power rankings argument even get brought up again?  :wutface:

So t2 ssid juicyfruit is pretty much getting dropped. Who are they getting?

they were running games with nemassist 

But elevate beat RNG before the qualifier last weekend and OpTic knocked them to losers bracket, what is the ruling on this?

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hadnt been using my phone so I was wayyy behind where we are now. If this has been beaten to death I apologize, but what is the difference between weekly power rankings and overall? It really doesn't seem like there is any

Power rankings evaluate how teams have done over a period of time, usually a week, to determine who was the "best" over that period of time taking things like record, performance, and strength of opposition into consideration. It's all subjective. Overall rankings only care about the record.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We didn't claim they were more important, they are just the Beyond Power Rankings, simple as that. :)

Weekly Power Rankings determine how you performed each week. If a LAN were to happen at the time of the ranks going live, who would come out on top. Overall would be who we think the Top 8 is generically.

I put you 6th for last week but easily think EG is Top 2, Top 3 at the least.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is what power rankings are on pretty much any site. I really don't see what the problem is. And it's not like it's 4 randos. They either staff for TB or were chosen bc they follow the scene (scrims, tourneys, etc) very closely.

I get disagreeing with the rankings (even though I thought they were pretty accurate), but I don't get the critique of the way they are doing them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who'd have thought power rankings would really bother people this much.

Isn't that the intent? Create controversy that creates discussion/traffic/page views/ad revenue. Its similar to top 10 youtube videos wanting people to fight over the list in the comments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't that the intent? Create controversy that creates discussion/traffic/page views/ad revenue. Its similar to top 10 youtube videos wanting people to fight over the list in the comments.

Not really the intention we had when doing these. I honestly didn't think it would cause this much drama, but again I've been reading power rankings from the NFL for years with no issues with them. We figured it would be content the community would enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What else does Elevate have to do for people to stop acting like dropping games to them is embarrassing or something.

Not really the intention we had when doing these. I honestly didn't think it would cause this much drama but again I've been reading power rankings from the NFL for years so we figured it would be content the community would enjoy.

We do enjoy them, please don't stop doing them.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wow bro wtf im so mad at you :kappa:

<3

2rILM5V.png

it's hard not to have a lot of respect for APG as a professional

APG: i dont know how my conecentration is i just got permitted to look at monitors today

APG: i have to slowly ease back into my normal lifestyle and i dont think i will be able to compete 100% by the lcq so with a heavy heart ive strongly advised them to get someone who will be a better fit

APG: mental health isnt something to toy around with as if it were a broken bone or something like that

aPG has been my favorite pro since 2010 and I'm literally sitting here about to cry. I love competitive Halo to death but im going to be disheartened watching without him there. I hope he heals in all manners and comes back better than ever. He is legit why I care so much about HCS.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Not really the intention we had when doing these. I honestly didn't think it would cause this much drama, but again I've been reading power rankings from the NFL for years with no issues with them. We figured it would be content the community would enjoy.

If it's weekly then it's mostly understandable, I just didn't understand how E6 went up to 2nd/3rd, obviously based on how they performed in Burbank, and OpTic stayed top 5 after getting 4-0d when it mattered, and still being placed higher than the likes of nV or even us based off of online performance even after not qualifying a second time. If this makes sense
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What else does Elevate have to do for people to stop acting like dropping games to them is embarrassing or something.

Be top 8 in power rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If it's weekly then it's mostly understandable, I just didn't understand how E6 went up to 2nd/3rd, obviously based on how they performed in Burbank, and OpTic stayed top 5 after getting 4-0d when it mattered, and still being placed higher than the likes of nV or even us based off of online performance even after not qualifying a second time. If this makes sense

Amazing scrim performances and near perfect play at Burbank (LAN) brought them up. Notice how only two of us placed them at #2 (myself and aPK), but only because of a point tie did they actually make #2 on the ranks.

Next week they could be entirely different. I know eLevate is going to throw a huge wrench in the status quo for how we approached Top 8 for the coming week, definitely a team to keep an eye on.

Super excited for Monday  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea I gotcha, these few weeks are going to be tricky with teams that qualified vs those who haven't playing more. I think they will be a lot more straight forward when Pro Leauge begins.

Remember, these are just opinions. Even I disagree with some of what is put. These are never going to be perfect, just ones opinion.