CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just saw the tweet about the job. I just graduated with a BA in Multimedia Web Graphic Design. Talk about a dream job. Would do anything to get that gig.

I don't want a computer taking our jobs!

• Upvote (+1) 9

OFF T.

So if yall missed it, elv played a crazy rig slayer game against EG last night. and someone maybe me might have hopped on at the perfect time to cast said game.

Heinz and Danoxide both had no scopes for tripple kills and i lost my mind and my roommates yelled at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isyv67wWKnA

OT

Intel has it Cafe con leche a smart camper ninja arts and cpt anarchy are a team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That graphic design position is more than likely a "contractor" job, which is not the worst, but you want to be a "FTE" (full time employee). 

With contractors they can basically cut you at any point, which is never fun.

Occasionally contracted workers can maneuver their way into becoming an FTE, but most of the time it seems like the hunger games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love you @@aPG. What you did this weekend was amazing. Even though you always seem to get trolled by the community, we all do care for you and expect you and Liquid to be one of the 8 pro teams in the pro league. 

Would like to see teams that are already qualified scrim the updated gametypes. We know there will be changes, no point in scrimming on the old layouts if you are already qualified. Thoughts?

I've been wanting them to do this for a while. I know they probably think they can give their feedback based on Team Arena alone but the best teams duking it out across all the gametypes would be extremely healthy for the games development.

Just to be clear, they told us these arena changes are NOT 100% to anything HCS. More of a trial period to see the feedback on it.

Minus the obvious weapon tuning/crouch speed changes.

Yeah, but they are tested to be put into the HCS, since H5 has universal settings.

How do I embed gifs? #memethings

WefBptA.png

Click that, paste the url and as long as it ends in .gif, it should embed.

.gifv will not work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just feel like settings changes have to happen whether it's new maps or updates to old ones. You can't play the same 13 gametypes the whole of H5s lifespan, shit will get stale.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How do I embed gifs? #memethings

+1 for great name welcome to TB.

gif-king-4d1b981a27308e193c3db37f78c483d

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, but they are tested to be put into the HCS, since H5 has universal settings.

Yes, but I'm saying if these things don't work they were pretty vocal with us that they wouldn't be added unless given the okay by us.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That graphic design position is more than likely a "contractor" job, which is not the worst, but you want to be a "FTE" (full time employee). 

With contractors they can basically cut you at any point, which is never fun.

Occasionally contracted workers can maneuver their way into becoming an FTE employee, but most of the time it seems like the hunger games.

Being a contracted worker at MSFT is a gamble sometimes, but in the long run it's totally worth it, I love working here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, but I'm saying if these things don't work they were pretty vocal with us that they wouldn't be added unless given the okay by us.

Oh yeah for sure. As I said above, what are the odds you think the qualified teams would do even a partial scrimmage on some of the new settings? Understand if you don't want to, but it would be cool to see the new stuff played at the highest level.

Oh yeah for sure. As I said above, what are the odds you think the qualified teams would do even a partial scrimmage on some of the new settings? Understand if you don't want to, but it would be cool to see the new stuff played at the highest level.

uhhh idunno Halo kids are lazy

• Upvote (+1) 7

Being a contracted worker at MSFT is a gamble sometimes, but in the long run it's totally worth it, I love working here.

i have a hard time believing you work at MS when you have a 1.0+ K/D  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

i have a hard time believing you work at MS when you have a 1.0+ K/D  :kappa:

haha! you got me there. I wish I worked for 343, I'm just a chump who fixes A/V in conference rooms on campus.

edit: K/D isn't everything right? :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

North Jersey represent!

For anyone wondering why we are differentiating between north and south NJ, they are pretty much two different states with central Jersey being a myth altogether.

checking in from that mythical central jersey place. Monmouth county to be more exact.

and it's called pork roll. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I might get shit on for this (I haven't caught up today yet) but does anyone else think that the fathom speed boost might be fun to watch? Idk, the railgun is getting stale from a viewership perspective imo, and I think speed boost could be kinda interesting. Don't love the SAW though.

Edit: just realized Im no longer premium master race  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I might get shit on for this (I haven't caught up today yet) but does anyone else think that the fathom speed boost might be fun to watch? Idk, the railgun is getting stale from a viewership perspective imo, and I think speed boost could be kinda interesting. Don't love the SAW though.

Edit: just realized Im no longer premium master race  :mj:

Could be good, could be bad.

Beauty of it being a test, we can all play it and offer feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1