CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't normally post on here to respond to comments that should be left alone, and I'll be making a twitlonger explaining everything that happened to me this weekend. But for the people saying I played bad/should be dropped/whatever. While it may be true, try playing with 9 freshly new stitches in the bottom of your mouth and the pain is so unbearable you have to tell your coach to call out for you? I don't make excuses, and will be the LAST person to make them. Unfortunate events happened this weekend, but to just flat out say "I need to step it up or I'm holding liquid back" is just disheartening. I tried my best this weekend and obviously wasn't enough. I will explain the full story in a twitlonger later today including all the details from Friday till now so be on the look out for that. I'm currently in the hospital waiting to get checked to see if I have a concussion.

I think most everybody here understands that you had a pretty serious situation going on. It's incredible that you made it out to Cali and even played at this LAN. Most of us here I would assume follow at least one traditional sport and there is a lot of respect for guys willing to power on through adverse conditions and compete. I watched Tom Brady get rinsed in the AFCCG because his line couldn't stop the Denver d-line and the guy never quit getting up. I don't know who else I speak for here, but I'm rooting extra hard for Liquid in the LCQ after watching you go warrior-status at Burbank. Best of luck, man.

Everybody is frothing over the power rankings, and I'm sitting here wondering if there's a logistically feasible method to get an aggregate power ranking from the ENTIRE TB fam. I don't have any issues with anybody's power rankings to be honest. They're almost 100% based on opinions and everybody has a different one. The only consensus placing should be CLG at #1 and after that, you can really make a justifiable argument for any team at any spot 2-8.

Also, if 2gre doesn't qualify through the LCQ I think I'm going to root for nV. It's been really fun to watch Pistola round back into form and Mikwen is a good dude.

I think Enigma 6 might be top 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in Central NJ, South Amboy, and work in glorious Newark. Originally from LBI tho

Central NJ whats good?!  I'm in South Plainfield.  Started the CNJ Crew for Bad Halo Players (CNJCBHP).  You may have heard of us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, for those that enjoyed MLG Halo Reach, here's a new montage by @@Hastings

Thanks for the share! <3

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is Denial good? I really, really don't want to see 2gre end up like squared. It would be so desperately sad. 

If you think 2gre's squad has a chance of qualifying for Pro League you could say you're.... in Denial.

zOj9d8W.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Central NJ whats good?!  I'm in South Plainfield.  Started the CNJ Crew for Bad Halo Players (CNJCBHP).  You may have heard of us.

Is there an actual NJ group?

If you think 2gre's squad has a chance of qualifying for Pro League you could say you're.... in Denial.

zOj9d8W.gif

I just hope he doesn't hang up the controller if he doesn't make it in Pro League...

• Upvote (+1) 3

North Jersey represent!

For anyone wondering why we are differentiating between north and south NJ, they are pretty much two different states with central Jersey being a myth altogether.

• Upvote (+1) 5

North Jersey represent!

For anyone wondering why we are differentiating between north and south NJ, they are pretty much two different states with central Jersey being a myth altogether.

It's as simple as Taylor Ham (A GIFT FROM THE GODS) vs. Pork Roll (ugh). 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's as simple as Taylor Ham (A GIFT FROM THE GODS) vs. Pork Roll (ugh). 

It's pork roll man. Stop that.

On topic for Halo: do you guys think any pure AM teams make it to LCQ, or is this a leftover-pro type of tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can the left over teams completely disband and create new teams for the LCQs?

I think to do it this way they have to play through the online bracket to get to the LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On topic for Halo: do you guys think any pure AM teams make it to LCQ, or is this a leftover-pro type of tournament?

Noooooo

Accidental neg

I've failed you meme-overlord

• Upvote (+1) 1

whatever team cafe con leche is on has potential. other than that no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Vision is about to go live at www.twitch.tv/opticgaming

Come join the Team Beyond viewing party!

It's a shame that APG even had to issue a longer statement. While many will appreciate the details, this is not something that he should have had to do. Given the circumstances, the fact that Liquid was competitive was truly incredible to see. I hope for the best with his recovery, and good luck to them in making the Pro League. 

APG's a trooper, playing through a severe concussion. 

edit: how do y'all feel about the fact that he played...? Like it's admirable for sure in terms of how dedicated he is, but damn. I know sports players always want to play through injuries because of their dedication to the team but they're stopped by doctors, personnel, teammates, etc. because it risks exacerbating the problem (I remember Crosby came back too early after a concussion, played a few games, and then went back on the injured reserve for the rest of the season because playing those games too early meant the process took way longer). And I know esports =/= physicality of sports, but the fact that he wasn't diagnosed for two days, in which he was on a plane for 5 hours and competing at a tournament, could have been a problem. And Assault was there, ready to sub in, and he's not a bad player by any means either. I don't mean any offense by this, just that there's nothing wrong with skipping a tournament when you have a severe concussion and a stitched up jaw.

• Upvote (+1) 2