Synyster

Pokemon Thread

Searched for a Pokemon thread and didn't see one.

POKEMON THREAD

Talk about anything related to Pokemon

Card game

Hand held

Console

ect.

Post your Pokemon teams.

Just started playing Pokemon Emerald on an emulator. Been looking into what team to make; started with Mudkip.

got the anniversary 3ds when it came out along with alpha sapphire. really, really cool game. 

current roster is: sceptile, pikachu, kadabra, linoon(hm whore), staryu(hm whore #2) and my 6th is always switching out, but i was using pelliper til i got the flute. now i'm using some dark/dragon pokemon idk what his name is.

i hope they get rid of hm's for sun/moon. i dont like carrying around pokemon solely so i can get past obstacles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i hope they get rid of hm's for sun/moon. i dont like carrying around pokemon solely so i can get past obstacles.

I've always thought this. Sometimes I wonder how much they play their own games. I've been playing on and off since Red/Blue when the mood strikes me and there are just some little things, like HMs, that should be changed. It would be cool to have a real talk with the developers after playing on and off for nearly my entire life.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

In case, you guys didn't realize, there is a new Pokemon game out called Pokemon tournament.

It looks pretty insane lol, why has it taken this long for something like this to exist!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be really nice to get rid of HM slaves. Instead of making a well rounded 6 man team, you're forced to make an overpower 4/5 man team. And it's never fun giving one of your mains an average attack just to slash a tree.

I always think about buying a new DS and a Pokemon game but I always end up playing it a lot when I first get it and then I hardly touch it again. I'm glad I discovered emulators though.

The only reason I own the new 3DS is because they have like every Zelda game that matters. Even Link's Awakening from the original gameboy. Plus other stuff like Fire Emblem and Bravely Default. Its surprisingly solid game wise.

The only reason I own the new 3DS is because they have like every Zelda game that matters. Even Link's Awakening from the original gameboy. Plus other stuff like Fire Emblem and Bravely Default. Its surprisingly solid game wise.

It seems to me, other than a few games like Pokemon, and Zelda, that the DS series doesn't have much going for it.

Edit

Didn't realize I could get Alpha Saphire on en emulator; gonna play that instead of Emerald.

It seems to me, other than a few games like Pokemon, and Zelda, that the DS series doesn't have much going for it.

Edit

Didn't realize I could get Alpha Saphire on en emulator; gonna play that instead of Emerald.

i always find the emulators to be pretty bad past 3rd gen, performance/graphics wise

i always find the emulators to be pretty bad past 3rd gen, performance/graphics wise

The graphics are garbage; especially after looking at the new graphics on a 3DS. Kind of want one now, too.

Emerald looks identical to Alpha on my emulator; kind of a shame.

I just realized something. Pokemon Sun and Moons graphics will probably be the base for the updated Diamond and Pearl. Now I'm SUPER eager for the first look at that game.

Tempted to sell my Xbox and get a 3ds off Craigslist. Emerald ROM I downloaded the other day is broken.

or you know, get a cheap refurbished 2DS off nintendo's website for $60. Since its refurbished by Nintendo, it's pretty much new and can be returned/refunded within 30 days of purchase. Also has a one-year warranty.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod590225

Looks exactly like Omega/Saphire to me.

or you know, get a cheap refurbished 2DS off nintendo's website for $60. Since its refurbished by Nintendo, it's pretty much new and can be returned/refunded within 30 days of purchase. Also has a one-year warranty.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod590225

I've owned a couple of 2DS over the years, I'd like to get a 3DS for the new Pokemon experience. Plus, there's a couple of 3DS's on my local Craigslist for $130 with a game or two.

If you have never played them, I would highly recommend downloading Pokemon Reborn and Insurgense on your computer. They are much better than the main series, with a darker story and opponents that can sometimes give a genuine challenge

If you have never played them, I would highly recommend downloading Pokemon Reborn and Insurgense on your computer. They are much better than the main series, with a darker story and opponents that can sometimes give a genuine challenge

Tell me more.

Honestly looks fake. Or super pre-release.

That's what I figured, I don't have much to compare it.

Looks exactly like Omega/Saphire to me.

That's because it's an ORAS texture hack. Looking at the thumbnail alone you can tell it's a reskinned Krokorok.

Haven't seen a GO post yet. 

I know I'm going to look like a crazy person, but I can't wait to challenge random people in my grocery store to a battle or join up with random people to battle a legendary. 

I hope they offer more peripherals than just that bracelet. 

I'd recommend googling it and watching videos on YouTube (watch Shofu). My explaining can't really do the games justice just by explaining

Looks intense!

Definitely interested in playing, although I think I'm more interested in playing the new style of Omega/Alpha because I've been playing the 2D style for so long.

Haven't seen a GO post yet. 

I know I'm going to look like a crazy person, but I can't wait to challenge random people in my grocery store to a battle or join up with random people to battle a legendary. 

I hope they offer more peripherals than just that bracelet. 

Was just talking about this with a co-working today.

Do you actually need a certified device or can it be any mobile device?