CyReN

AGL + UMG Event

Lol, who was it who said AGL and UMG would never do a dual tournament because of business reasons.

Edit: Oh yeah it was Gandhi, Spartan the Dog was talking about a dual event on Twitter and Gandhi was saying how stupid the idea was. 

Looking forward to this, though! Hopefully there will be a bigger prize pool which will boost team passes sold. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Someone I know that is close to AGL said they have big plans.  AGL wired registration should be up this month on the 24th I think.  Hope AGL doesn't put all this money in and start making awesome tournaments and then MLG picks Halo back up and everyone abandons AGL.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty awesome idea if you ask me!

I think this could encourage the whole console FPS unity that some of the UMG guys have been pushing for.

Doesn't matter if you don't like to play either game IMO, just support the community as a whole.

UMG Atlanta is Aug. 9-11.

So, AGL will bring their equipment and set-up to run a Halo event alongside UMG's COD event. Financially, it makes sense for them to merge. UMG was thinking about holding a halo event for themselves anyway but by doing that it would hinder AGL9 next event which should be in August anyway for team passes etc. 

Is this a one and done deal and they will go their separate ways? or will we is a #FPSFest every month from now on and it will showcase both Halo and COD together which in-turn will bring a broader audience and focus to the scene. Using Dersky's logic and positive attitude about life,this will catapult Halo back into what it once was and we could possible see halo back at MLG events. Or have I just blown your minds?. :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone I know that is close to AGL said they have big plans.  AGL wired registration should be up this month on the 24th I think.  Hope AGL doesn't put all this money in and start making awesome tournaments and then MLG picks Halo back up and everyone abandons AGL.

I doubt everyone would just abandon AGL unless their dates clashed with each other. As a competitor, the more events, the better which in turn = more chance at winning money.

Pretty awesome idea. This duel event is sure to bring in more competition and in result more prize money. IM READY.

I don't like CoD, but still pretty awesome. Hoping this will be somewhere other than Knoxville.

A lot of Halo people also play CoD, ever since Halo 3.  I remember back then everyone would play Halo 3 a shit ton, and then when you needed a break or were doing bad in H3 you'd switch over to CoD 4 for some easy games ;)

This is quite exciting. Glad to see the console community growing and Halo back on the rise

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt everyone would just abandon AGL unless their dates clashed with each other. As a competitor, the more events, the better which in turn = more chance at winning money.

This. It's why UMG is still afloat.. COD teams still go to UMG events while COD is on MLG

Lol, who was it who said AGL and UMG would never do a dual tournament because of business reasons.

Edit: Oh yeah it was Gandhi, Spartan the Dog was talking about a dual event on Twitter and Gandhi was saying how stupid the idea was. 

Looking forward to this, though! Hopefully there will be a bigger prize pool which will boost team passes sold. 

He'll probably just do another podcast either bashing it more or jumping on the bandwagon and praising it to look good for the fans. And it's not just him, it's what a lot of the "pros" and "halo personalities" are doing now and it's sickening.

He'll probably just do another podcast either bashing it more or jumping on the bandwagon and praising it to look good for the fans. And it's not just him, it's what a lot of the "pros" and "halo personalities" are doing now and it's sickening.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Gandhi straight up apologised to Spartan and for being wrong. Either way, I'm really pleased these two companies have sorted something out together. Something tells me the Brad we knew from 3 months back wouldn't have done this and wanted to run AGL by himself with no help so I'm glad they've worked a dual tournament out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

UMG Atlanta is Aug. 9-11.

So, AGL will bring their equipment and set-up to run a Halo event alongside UMG's COD event. Financially, it makes sense for them to merge. UMG was thinking about holding a halo event for themselves anyway but by doing that it would hinder AGL9 next event which should be in August anyway for team passes etc. 

Is this a one and done deal and they will go their separate ways? or will we is a #FPSFest every month from now on and it will showcase both Halo and COD together which in-turn will bring a broader audience and focus to the scene. Using Dersky's logic and positive attitude about life,this will catapult Halo back into what it once was and we could possible see halo back at MLG events. Or have I just blown your minds?. :quinn:

Nobody at either company is anticipating this as a 1 and done. However UMG will not host a CoD event every month.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Shit, to compete for CoD or to compete for Halo, that is the question.

Which ever you think you'll place better at.

I don't like it.  How does this benefit either league?  The two communities hate each other.

Idk man, not like increasing the prize pool, having better production, possibly bigger venues, uniting the communities, or more events in general is a good thing.  :goldenboy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even if MLG were to pick up Halo 5, obviously UMG and/or AGL probably won't be able to compete with the prize pool. However, they'd be foolish not to run smaller tournaments in-between major ones. If not for teams to practice between events as oppose to just big LANs, then for AM teams to get out there.

Like it'd be really cool if AGL's first place was the option of a prize amount (for pro teams who might attend) or a sponsorship for the next MLG event. There's a lot of local LAN centers here in the Cleveland area that would host LAN tournaments about a month before an MLG event for Halo 3 with first place being a full sponsorship for the event.

But on the topic of a UMG/AGL merger, whether it's permanent or temporary, I don't see any reason why not. I can't speak for everyone but personally, I don't hate CoD or it's community. I think they're doing quite well for themselves, especially since they dethroned Halo at MLG. While I never watch professional CoD, if there's nothing good on the Halo stream, I'd switch to the CoD one. That said, please don't do the championship matches at the same time. I'd easily watch both.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Great idea, I don't know why people would ever bash this idea!  It's worked at FocusFire Events, MLG Events, G4G tourneys, EGLs and many more!  If there's downtime on one game's stream, hop on to the other game till your favorite game is back on! :)

I guess the co-owner of AGL got over his period. 

Cool idea I suppose.. if it takes each league to a higher level.. though I don't see it really being a holy union of any sort with regards to Halo/CoD. 

Good luck tho' I will be watching the Halo portions of whatever these leagues do.