Sign in to follow this  
Halofan

Worth doing FFA customs and 1v1 customs in this game?

Back in H2 and H3 I loved doing MLG FFAs also I loved halo 3 1v1s on guardian, not sure why but it was just fun I played so many 1v1s on guardian it would blow your mind. Anyways I really want to get better at H5 but honestly I'm in my 30's and I don't care to be champion level good or anything but I just want to really improve my gameplay. Anyways is it pointless for me to run 8player FFA customs? What map and settings would you run it on? guessing truth. I have a few real life friends I play with but its fairly random who i'm playing with because we are all older now with full time jobs and kids but I'm sure I could get enough people to run come FFAs but i'm not sure if I'm better off just grinding the FFA playlist or playing team arena or something solo.

Also as far as the 1v1 thing I really wish there was a go to 1v1 map like guardian in H3, I know it wasn't the most balanced or the best map ever but it was fun and if you did a 1v1 with anyone in H3 whoever was hosting guardian was loaded up honestly in this game if I tried a 1v1 which I haven't even done yet and I'm over level 100 I don't know what map I would even play it on. So what map is the best 1v1 map?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, 1v1s with radar is possibly the worst thing that can be played in a halo game (not counting some random custom gamemode).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd love to run some 8 man FFAs on truth but for some reason everyone who does it plays it with Brs. The last solid FFA title was reach nbns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I think I would rather run it with pistol starts because that's what you normally play

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, 1v1s with radar is possibly the worst thing that can be played in a halo game (not counting some random custom gamemode).

giphy.gif

As an older head from the H2/3 days, I much preferred customs over MM because I never cared about a rank.  People flip about ranks that get reset every month and its kind of boring to keep hearing about.

Maybe make a custom finder tag an tell people to send invs for it like the old days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

giphy.gif

He asked a question and I answered, even though it is obvious to the majority of us.

If every "newbie" that came here asking questions that were obvious to those of us that have been here/around halo for a long time got the reply similar to the one you gave me, we'd barely have new members that stuck around.

He asked a question and I answered, even though it is obvious to the majority of us.

If every "newbie" that came here asking questions that were obvious to those of us that have been here/around halo for a long time got the reply similar to the one you gave me, we'd barely have new members that stuck around.

I told him to make a custom finder tag and you said 1v1 with radar is garbage.  I feel like this quote applies more to the answer you gave him way more than the one I gave you.

I agreed with his lack of caring about being champ rank and encouraged him to find others to do customs.  You contributed 0 to the conversation he was trying to start.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Only problem with FFA in this game is that there aren't any good maps for FFA. Every map in this game is designed for 4v4 and 4v4 only.

That's kind of the reason they made the FFA playlist 6 players; due to complaints. Albeit, I don't think they realized that the problem wasn't the player count, it's just that the spawns in this game are just so awful you would literally start a game and die immediately because someone is 6 feet to your right, out of your line of sight, and staring at you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You contributed 0 to the conversation he was trying to start.

walkv1U.png

I answered a question he literally asked in the title lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

walkv1U.png

I answered a question he literally asked in the title lol.

But FFA has always had radar and 1v1s didn't.  So why would you even mention radar when traditional 1v1 settings are radar off?  :lxthul:

The MLG 1v1 settings on Halo 2 used radar with the map being Warlock.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But FFA has always had radar and 1v1s didn't.  So why would you even mention radar when traditional 1v1 settings are radar off?  :lxthul:

How can you even say the word "traditional" when talking about Halo 5? The point is the game isn't traditional in the slightest and everything is played with radar on...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The MLG 1v1 settings on Halo 2 used radar with the map being Warlock.

That was changed after 06 when they took 1v1 out of FFA Finals.

How can you even say the word "traditional" when talking about Halo 5? The point is the game isn't traditional in the slightest and everything is played with radar on...

So instead of being like blah blah blah garbage radar blah blah

say something constructive!

like:  "I'm sure without radar 1v1 customs could be manageable." 

He was talking about custom games!  

You didn't even MENTION H5, you just generalized Halo!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

So instead of being like blah blah blah garbage radar blah blah

say something constructive!

like:  "I'm sure without radar 1v1 customs could be manageable." 

He was talking about custom games!  

You didn't even MENTION H5, you just generalized Halo!

giphy.gif

He literally asked if 1v1s are worth doing, I say no and gave the reason, and of course he was talking about custom games, there is no 1v1 playlist.

Also why would I mention halo 5? He asks about halo 5....

Considering you're trying to be literal here, I didn't say "blah blah blah garbage radar blah blah" did I? I'm not going to shed tears about that misquote though.

I'm done with you now lol. Nice -rep like a petty child, relax in future :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm done with you now lol. Nice -rep like a petty child, relax in future :)

Says the guy who just chose to make your only point about how terrible the game with radar is.

@@Halofan

I'm sorry your thread got derailed..... :(

:bman:

Same.  I think 1v1 and FFA would be a blast tbh.  But some people need to have their anti radar agenda follow them everywhere they do and refuse to be constructive to how people want to play the game.

I meant to +rep. Stupid phone.

Back in H2 and H3 I loved doing MLG FFAs also I loved halo 3 1v1s on guardian, not sure why but it was just fun I played so many 1v1s on guardian it would blow your mind. Anyways I really want to get better at H5 but honestly I'm in my 30's and I don't care to be champion level good or anything but I just want to really improve my gameplay. Anyways is it pointless for me to run 8player FFA customs? What map and settings would you run it on? guessing truth. I have a few real life friends I play with but its fairly random who i'm playing with because we are all older now with full time jobs and kids but I'm sure I could get enough people to run come FFAs but i'm not sure if I'm better off just grinding the FFA playlist or playing team arena or something solo.

Also as far as the 1v1 thing I really wish there was a go to 1v1 map like guardian in H3, I know it wasn't the most balanced or the best map ever but it was fun and if you did a 1v1 with anyone in H3 whoever was hosting guardian was loaded up honestly in this game if I tried a 1v1 which I haven't even done yet and I'm over level 100 I don't know what map I would even play it on. So what map is the best 1v1 map?

Honestly when you dont have anyone to play Team Arena with, I've found playing FFA to be really good for improving your individual skill. FFA forces you to learn and even "exploit" Halo 5's gameplay mechanics. AKA, it teaches you to crouch, use autos in close range, helps your shot, etc. It also REALLY helps with awareness and teaches you to use sprint sparingly. You need to master strafing and using thruster in gun fights, etc. etc. I just started playing FFA in this game and it is VERY frustrating at first but actually gets quite fun IMO once you learn that its not the same FFA from other Halo's. I'm in champ FFA so every game has me playing well known people, which helps you deal with your confidence or if you have any mental blocks. Theres really nothing more ego boosting than ninjaing a pro for the win..lol

1v1's are meh in this game because they are SO slow and most decent players will end up with 6-7 kills max if they are decently matched. Its a lot of sound whoring, and literally crouching in one spot for up to 2 mins straight or more in between powerups/weapon spawns. Not for me. 

The best thing overall is Arena because it will teach you teamwork, but like I said, FFA is good for when you can't find solid teammates and I have personally gotten a lot better overall by playing it recently.

Of course all of this is about MM FFA in the playlist, so Im not sure if you would consider it over customs. I've found customs to always be lopsided and tend to take forever to organize and fill. You'll spend a lot of time in the lobby replacing people and waiting around for people to piss or get food. You can make some great settings for FFA (truth with no autos and a larger radar, increased strafe, etc.), but IMO its sort of a waste if you're trying to improve for any sort of tournies or general MM. Just my opinion though. Try the FFA playlist and grind it until its no longer confusing/frustrating. You may be able to get better settings in customs but MM FFA is more fun to me because you get games way faster than in customs and the matches are always tight in my experience.