mierder

The 4sk Pistol debate

154 members have voted

1. 1. What change to the current Pistol do you want?

• 4sk with same TTK (time to kill)
    • 4sk with faster TTK of all rifles
    • 5sk with same TTK (So, No changes at all)
    • 5sk with faster TTK of all rifles
    • Other (discuss in thread)

Me so come at me boys. Higher TTK tends to mean higher skill as more chance for the unskilled to miss a shot or you to dodge a bullet.

Lets make it 12sk then.

/s

You have a point. But we're asking for a 1 bullet decrease for a kill, not 2-3 less. This game has so many ways of escaping between sprint, clamber and thrust. Plus with all the maps being cluttered with objects everywhere.

Me so come at me boys. Higher TTK tends to mean higher skill as more chance for the unskilled to miss a shot or you to dodge a bullet. I also think you would die just too fast but are halo fans really asking for a lower TTK did I miss a memo or something?? On Lan this game runs perfectly.

So, just to make sure I'm following you, an extremely easy 4 shot kill would leave more room for skill than a difficult 3 shot kill, solely because more shots are required?

Me so come at me boys. Higher TTK tends to mean higher skill as more chance for the unskilled to miss a shot or you to dodge a bullet. I also think you would die just too fast but are halo fans really asking for a lower TTK did I miss a memo or something?? On Lan this game runs perfectly.

I totally understand where you're coming from, but there's more to it than that. A high perfect TTK might be more skillful in a vacuum (like octagon) but it has a whole host of unfortunate effects on gameplay in practice. What's more, we also want the aim-assist lowered on the Magnum considerably, not just the buff on its own, so kills will be well-deserved due to higher demands on physical skill. Nobody here wants instant death without immense skill involved. We want the Magnum to be so hard to use that when people do manage to get perfect kills it is extremely rewarding, but perfects would actually happen far less often than they do currently due to the increase in difficulty.

I suggest you read this post here, it explains the gameplay benefits in much more detail than I have: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3710?do=findComment&comment=639495

Dawg, the pistol in this game is more of a "niche complimentary weapon" than almost any other gun. The reason it's kept a lot of the time is for things unrelated to pure damage output (such as faster ready up speed). If you think the pistol is even close to equal to the rifles I would tell you to play a 4v4 custom with one team only using the pistol, and the other team using literally any other rifle. You'll see how fun the balance is then. Smh I'm getting tired of the random ass gunfights in this game and being at a disadvantage off spawn. Losing a fight to some garbage kid just because he has a SR/BR is compete shit.

Dawg, the pistol in this game is more of a "niche complimentary weapon" than almost any other gun. The reason it's kept a lot of the time is for things unrelated to pure damage output (such as faster ready up speed). If you think the pistol is even close to equal to the rifles I would tell you to play a 4v4 custom with one team only using the pistol, and the other team using literally any other rifle. You'll see how fun the balance is then. Smh I'm getting tired of the random ass gunfights in this game and being at a disadvantage off spawn. Losing a fight to some garbage kid just because he has a SR/BR is compete shit.

It kinda reminds me of H2 and H3 SMG/AR starts, although its no where near as bad of course, but if the whole of the other team has picked up a BR or DMR, you're at a big disadvantaged when your team are only spawning with pistols.

It kinda reminds me of H2 and H3 SMG/AR starts, although its no where near as bad of course, but if the whole of the other team has picked up a BR or DMR, you're at a big disadvantaged when your team are only spawning with pistols.

Yup. It's the middle ground between past Halo MLG and vanilla settings. This is why universal settings sucks if you don't balance it around comp first. It's an upgraded social but downgraded competitive game.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I totally understand where you're coming from, but there's more to it than that. A high perfect TTK might be more skillful in a vacuum (like octagon) but it has a whole host of unfortunate effects on gameplay in practice. What's more, we also want the aim-assist lowered on the Magnum considerably, not just the buff on its own, so kills will be well-deserved due to higher demands on physical skill. Nobody here wants instant death without immense skill involved. We want the Magnum to be so hard to use that when people do manage to get perfect kills it is extremely rewarding, but perfects would actually happen far less often than they do currently due to the increase in difficulty.

I suggest you read this post here, it explains the gameplay benefits in much more detail than I have: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3710?do=findComment&comment=639495

Ok with the aim assist lowered a lot and then the pistol changed to a 4 shot I see what you mean now and it makes a lot more sense. For some reason lowering the aim assist didnt come to mind.

I think the 5sk for our pistols work fine. The maps are big enough to give players time to finish their kills and the new sprint system dose a good job in preventing most players from escaping gunfights most of the time. Try playing Halo 5 with the 3sk ce pistol. The kill time is like 2 seconds so a 4sk would be a little too fast in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The kill time is like 2 seconds so a 4sk would be a little too fast in my opinion.

What has reach/h4 done to you?

I think the 5sk for our pistols work fine. The maps are big enough to give players time to finish their kills and the new sprint system dose a good job in preventing most players from escaping gunfights most of the time. Try playing Halo 5 with the 3sk ce pistol. The kill time is like 2 seconds so a 4sk would be a little too fast in my opinion.

The current 5sk Magnum kills no faster than 1.2 seconds, first of all. I also have some questions for you:

• Why is 4sk (0.9 s at same rate of fire) a little too fast? Is that kill time (which is 33% slower than the Pistol in Halo 1, which a lot of people liked) simply incompatible with Halo? If not or if so:

• Is a kill time faster by 0.3 seconds too fast because it would be too easy to kill people? If so, what if the Magnum's bullet magnetism (aim assist) were lowered significantly to make people have to try harder to get the faster kill? If not:

• Are you satisfied with how powerful the automatic weapons are with respect to their ease of use? If so, my questions are done. If not:

• Would you agree that a Magnum that kills faster and takes more skill would make automatics more bearable--allowing skilled players to contest players who rely on them in close quarters--and put a greater emphasis on the ranged precision combat Halo began with?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The H5 Magnum is one of the hardest wepons to use in Halo history. Our current magnum forces players to not only pace their shot but also maintain their consisentiy due to Halo 5s fast paced style. A quicker killng Magnum in my optinion will ruin the pace Halo 5 was ment to be played at.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I just ask that they nerf the ARs/SMGs. The ONLY chance you have at winning a close range battle is to 5 shot the other person which is fairly hard to due given the circumstances. If they don't want to nerf anything then at least take out radar so people can't just crouch around corners all game long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A quicker killng Magnum in my optinion will ruin the pace Halo 5 was ment to be played at.

That's good.

Halo 5's pace is terrible, particularly in the context of a competitive shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Teamshot Halo has brainwashed so many of you guys. Just try playing with a 4sk and you'll see why people what fast kill times. A game with sprint AND thrusters NEEDS quicker kill times.

• Upvote (+1) 8