mierder

The 4sk Pistol debate

154 members have voted

1. 1. What change to the current Pistol do you want?

• 4sk with same TTK (time to kill)
    • 4sk with faster TTK of all rifles
    • 5sk with same TTK (So, No changes at all)
    • 5sk with faster TTK of all rifles
    • Other (discuss in thread)

We dont even need the DMR and BR in this game. At least theres an excuse with having the LR and Carbine....1 precision weapon per 'race'. The DMR is just an easy to use Pistol, the BR is easy to use even if it did have aim assist and bullet mag reduced.

I think a good middle ground would be to make the Pistol a 4 shot and make the kill times of all the other precision weapons longer.

If I had it my way I would just get rid of the BR and DMR from Arena and leave them in Warzone. Along with making the Pistol a 4 shot.

And please stop adding Warzone variants to Arena just because they exist.

There is no reason for the H2 BR to be on Torque or Riptide.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I voted other because I would like 4sk but only reduce the TTK very slightly from the TTK we have currently. I also think two extra bullets per mag would go a long way as well. I'm also a little torn because I don't have that big of problem with the weapon balance now, except I would nerf the SR's health damage slightly.

Genuine question; Do you use/abuse automatics often?

As someone who sticks to a pistol more often than most people I feel the weapon balance could be improved greatly.

And please stop adding Warzone variants to Arena just because they exist.

Yeah, although I love using the CE Pistol. I run straight to it on Recurve.

Yeah, although I love using the CE Pistol. I run straight to it on Recurve.

BTB is fine I guess but for 4v4/2v2? Keep that shit using the normal sandbox.

You shut your dirty mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Genuine question; Do you use/abuse automatics often?

As someone who sticks to a pistol more often than most people I feel the weapon balance could be improved greatly.

This depends on the map/situation I'm in. I try to have the right gun out for the right situation and in this it involves a little heavier auto use on a couple maps. I use the pistol mostly but I tend to stick to the rifle/auto combo. I don't have a huge problem with the balance besides the storm rifle being a little too overpowered and maybe the range on the ar.

This depends on the map/situation I'm in. I try to have the right gun out for the right situation and in this it involves a little heavier auto use on a couple maps. I use the pistol mostly but I tend to stick to the rifle/auto combo. I don't have a huge problem with the balance besides the storm rifle being a little too overpowered and maybe the range on the ar.

You haven't mentioned the smg, do you think that's fine? I think it's the best automatic by quite a bit.

You haven't mentioned the smg, do you think that's fine? I think it's the best automatic by quite a bit.

I'm okay with the smg. I don't know if it's because I haven't used it enough/feel like I die from it much, but I think it's alright currently.

You shut your dirty mouth.

I mean if you want the H2 BR there, that's cool but that thing is so much easier to use than any other gun in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still think a faster-firing 5-shot Magnum is the way to go.

The novelty of a 4SK Magnum is that it allows you to get 3 kills with one reload, compared to the current 2.5 kills with one reload.

But in practice, you wouldn't be engaging more than 2 players alone with just your starting weapons.

This would allow the DMR to remain as a "safe" pickup, but would firmly cement the Magnum as a "skill" weapon.

In fact, this is how it was in the beta.

I still think a faster-firing 5-shot Magnum is the way to go.

The novelty of a 4SK Magnum is that it allows you to get 3 kills with one reload, compared to the current 2.5 kills with one reload.

But in practice, you wouldn't be engaging more than 2 players alone with just your starting weapons.

This would allow the DMR to remain as a "safe" pickup, but would firmly cement the Magnum as a "skill" weapon.

In fact, this is how it was in the beta.

The DMR is already the "safe" pickup because it's easy to use and you don't even need to land headshots with it.

I would rather not mess with everyone's muscle memory by changing firing rates.

I would rather not mess with everyone's muscle memory by changing firing rates.

Muscle memory doesn't matter with precision weapons.

I mean if you want the H2 BR there, that's cool but that thing is so much easier to use than any other gun in the game.

Maybe. But it just feels so good.

Plus my accuracy with it is very similar to the default BR so I don't see why people think it's so much easier to use.

Maybe. But it just feels so good.

Plus my accuracy with it is very similar to the default BR so I don't see why people think it's so much easier to use.

I wish I had videos on demand but the gun has a lot more bullet mag compared to Halo 5's BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I had videos on demand but the gun has a lot more bullet mag compared to Halo 5's BR.

But as far as I can tell that is not resulting in a higher % of hit shots.

Something that desperately needs to change:

- Body shots to Kill: This needs to be increased for the rifles specifically. A DMR always killing in 6 shots no matter what is silly. Same goes for the BR. The BR, being such an easy cleanup and headshot weapon, should take the longest to kill with body shots.

Also, the H2 BR is an autocannon. Thing is as bad for comp play as the FRG.

In terms of a 4sk magnum, I have to kind of agree with cookies that another type of change might be desirable.

A 4sk magnum, all things the same, would make all of the rifles useless other than in specific situations where a zoom is required. I tested it with a friend of mine, the RRR unzoomed on the BR is the same as the magnum. The bullet mag and reticule aim assist are what make the BR so strong compared to the magnum.

But as far as I can tell that is not resulting in a higher % of hit shots.

I don't know why you'd want an easier to use tier 1 weapon on the map when an identical gun exists which is harder to use.

I don't know why you'd want an easier to use tier 1 weapon on the map when an identical gun exists which is harder to use.

I don't agree that it's easier to use.

Seriously, 4sk magnum with a faster ttk would make the op autos way more tolerable.  We already reward people crouching with storm rifles enough.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've said it sometime ago but video games are are visual medium, design can play a really bug role for some people, that's why people want the H2 BR.

maybe replacing H5BR with H2BR and buffing the magnum might be interesting. This would create a greater separation between hard to use+low TTK and easy to use+medium TTK, this way people couldn't complain that there is no reason to pick up the BR

I don't want a 4sk Pistol, I think it's kill time is perfect, if anything I would just make the inner reticle smaller so it's easier to be accurate at longer ranges. I just think it's not balanced well enough with the rest of the guns especially the automatics! Every gun has an advantage over it I feel like. BR, Light rifle, SMG, Storm rifle, Assault rifle and DMR. With the BR and DMR they have an advantage in the sense that they are so much easier to use, which I don't mind nearly as much as I mind the fact that the Storm and SMG are weapons that take 0 aiming yet are literally incontestable at close range. 

What I am trying to say is that I think the automatics need to be nerfed and maybe increase the rate of fire of the Pistol a tiny bit if you really want to. 

PS: Radar needs to GTFO