Sign in to follow this  
JonnyTBOA

My last chance-H1 Shadowrun

Hi, I do not like any video games. None of the new ones caught my attention and it is so horrible considering all the sacrifices in order to play h3 on a competitive level. I think a lot of us can relate to that. And why the ACTUAL fuck do people not makes friends anymore on xbl? Everyone sits in their party chats, no one game chats, it's so lonely. I have the same 2 friends from 2008, homies from h3; and that's it. I quit after reach dropped to play shadowrun, and it was the greatest game I have ever played. Most competitive most fun. Since that period, I have lost all interest. I did not come on here to bitch though, I believe a lot of you have similar feelings or are dissatisfied. Halo 5 works on a competitive level. (But that's all it does.. It works) anyway fuck me in the ass, will smith walk the dinosaur add me if you would ever like to play halo 1 with me an my friend ant. Gt: Jthedruggernaut (:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi, I do not like any video games. None of the new ones caught my attention and it is so horrible considering all the sacrifices in order to play h3 on a competitive level. I think a lot of us can relate to that. And why the ACTUAL fuck do people not makes friends anymore on xbl? Everyone sits in their party chats, no one game chats, it's so lonely. I have the same 2 friends from 2008, homies from h3; and that's it. I quit after reach dropped to play shadowrun, and it was the greatest game I have ever played. Most competitive most fun. Since that period, I have lost all interest. I did not come on here to bitch though, I believe a lot of you have similar feelings or are dissatisfied. Halo 5 works on a competitive level. (But that's all it does.. It works) anyway fuck me in the ass, will smith walk the dinosaur add me if you would ever like to play halo 1 with me an my friend ant. Gt: Jthedruggernaut (:

I've watched your stream, yeah I'll add you for some CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Party chat is probably the worst thing that ever happened to xbl.

I never thought about this. You're totally on to something. Of course, there are still a shit ton of people that solo-queue without mics, which I will never understand.

I never thought about this. You're totally on to something. Of course, there are still a shit ton of people that solo-queue without mics, which I will never understand.

But at least they can hear you talk.

Well yeah but it takes two to tango.

Yea it's definitely still sucks. Wish you could use search parameters to only find people with mics.

Nope, still a lot of players on there? I don't actually know how to play ce as you've probably noticed from my stream lol, but I'd love to learn

Party chat is probably the worst thing that ever happened to xbl.

100%- that was kind of what I was getting at I'm just not good at writing honestly

i would say it's 20:80 on if the person with the mic is a decent human being or he's a fucking douchebag that complains every death / his teammates suck, that blasts shit xbox mic quality mic over his mic the whole game, or he has the game going on in the background, or puts his fish tank next to the mic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I consider this title click-bait. I was hoping for some attempt at a LAN or something lol.

You can add me for both Shadowrun and Halo CE. my GT is Teapot Yo

We played Shadowrun and H1 at the G4G event this weekend for fun. It was a blast and we plan on doing it next year but with some style.. (we just set up stuff on the side, next year we hope to pool together a community to reserve a station)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you have an OG box? We're looking for more Xlink players :)

People are playing xlink now?!  Shit just got real.  I have my OG box and 900 mbps up/down fiber optic connection.  It feels better than off host LAN when connecting to my host on OG xbox on XBC back in the day.

Nothing wrong with me teaming up with a random pard and not communicating and beating another team that gave each other call outs the whole game.  It's a more satisfying win in a game that is broken to begin with lol.

People are playing xlink now?!  Shit just got real.  I have my OG box and 900 mbps up/down fiber optic connection.  It feels better than off host LAN when connecting to my host on OG xbox on XBC back in the day.

Where you located?

I consider this title click-bait. I was hoping for some attempt at a LAN or something lol.

You can add me for both Shadowrun and Halo CE. my GT is Teapot Yo

We played Shadowrun and H1 at the G4G event this weekend for fun. It was a blast and we plan on doing it next year but with some style.. (we just set up stuff on the side, next year we hope to pool together a community to reserve a station)

Was your old gt teajae ?

Was your old gt teajae ?

In 2007 for a little bit it was xDa Teapot Yox.. lol

I never really played it back then though. I got into the community late and we continued to play competitive private matches up until Halo 5's release. We played our first one in 5 months this last weekend that had Shawnee, Aether (DynastyBlaze) Noxious (Muti) Bumjamas (Reaxtion, some other older tag) Me, and Hershey Squirt

Most of those guys have been around from the beginning but I think Hershey went to events for Shadowrun.

I played H1 and H2 in tournaments, but jumped from H2 into Shadowrun where I competed in tournaments for years.  I quit playing SR competitively when it got to the point where even the people playing privates every day refused to make teams and try to compete.  Tried playing H3, tried several other games, but no game on console comes close to Shadowrun, and I seriously doubt any game as complex and skill-based as Shadowrun will ever make it big in the FPS world. 

H5 is a good game, has some skill involved, and the weapons are balanced(except for storm-rifle)...  It's fun and competitive, but you have to take it at face value.  If you played Shadowrun in 2007-2010, no console shooter will ever come close to that.  Trust me..  I know what you're feeling.  Shadowrun ruins other shooters for ever, you just have to either stick with it..  Or try to forget how much every other game sucks compared to it. 

I played H1 and H2 in tournaments, but jumped from H2 into Shadowrun where I competed in tournaments for years. I quit playing SR competitively when it got to the point where even the people playing privates every day refused to make teams and try to compete. Tried playing H3, tried several other games, but no game on console comes close to Shadowrun, and I seriously doubt any game as complex and skill-based as Shadowrun will ever make it big in the FPS world.

H5 is a good game, has some skill involved, and the weapons are balanced(except for storm-rifle)... It's fun and competitive, but you have to take it at face value. If you played Shadowrun in 2007-2010, no console shooter will ever come close to that. Trust me.. I know what you're feeling. Shadowrun ruins other shooters for ever, you just have to either stick with it.. Or try to forget how much every other game sucks compared to it.

I played H1 and H2 in tournaments, but jumped from H2 into Shadowrun where I competed in tournaments for years.  I quit playing SR competitively when it got to the point where even the people playing privates every day refused to make teams and try to compete.  Tried playing H3, tried several other games, but no game on console comes close to Shadowrun, and I seriously doubt any game as complex and skill-based as Shadowrun will ever make it big in the FPS world. 

H5 is a good game, has some skill involved, and the weapons are balanced(except for storm-rifle)...  It's fun and competitive, but you have to take it at face value.  If you played Shadowrun in 2007-2010, no console shooter will ever come close to that.  Trust me..  I know what you're feeling.  Shadowrun ruins other shooters for ever, you just have to either stick with it..  Or try to forget how much every other game sucks compared to it. 

Shadow run is more complex than Halo CE?

I played H1 and H2 in tournaments, but jumped from H2 into Shadowrun where I competed in tournaments for years. I quit playing SR competitively when it got to the point where even the people playing privates every day refused to make teams and try to compete. Tried playing H3, tried several other games, but no game on console comes close to Shadowrun, and I seriously doubt any game as complex and skill-based as Shadowrun will ever make it big in the FPS world.

H5 is a good game, has some skill involved, and the weapons are balanced(except for storm-rifle)... It's fun and competitive, but you have to take it at face value. If you played Shadowrun in 2007-2010, no console shooter will ever come close to that. Trust me.. I know what you're feeling. Shadowrun ruins other shooters for ever, you just have to either stick with it.. Or try to forget how much every other game sucks compared to it.

Bro your like my hero, I don't think we ever talked but I was bottom of the barrel of privates in 2011? Shaba took me under his wing kinda fml.. Lol but I always wished I was good enough to play with people like you an majin an the other good players. I miss the game because I always felt like I was improving and becoming a smarter player not just in shadowrun, but in other competitive games as well.

I honestly believe halo 5 works and is balenced enough to be a respectable competative game, but it's just not fun or stimulating to me personally. I'd rather play h1 or h3

Shadow run is more complex than Halo CE?

Different level of complexities. They're the only two real console shooters that can be in the same sentence in my opinion.

Shadowrun's depth is complex but it's basically all surface level, meaning it has less to do with hidden elements that drive it's meta. Halo CE is one of the most complex shooters ever but a ton of that comes from complexity or depth that's beyond surface level. I never really felt comfortable saying which one was deeper or took more skill because they are so different.