Proven

The Walking Dead Discussion

I'm not here to sound high and mighty because I've been a reader of the comic for quite some time it's just my perspective as a reader and watcher. Abraham has been dead for a while in the comics and his comic death was such shit that I'm happy the way they addressed in the show as he went out just as Abraham should have in the comics maybe not exactly by the hands of Negan but something grande and telling someone to suck him off. I thought though that was it, and in the comics this is how and where Glenn dies in issue 100 so the fact they did a tiny bait and switch to then deliver on the death actually breathed a sense of relief into the show doing something unexpected and yet still getting it right because for that brief moment I went "wow well way to mess that up". I really enjoyed Glenn's character in the comic and show, so while I knew it was coming I'll admit I was hoping they may take some liberties and finally kill of Daryl. However, his death as brutal and unexpected as it was is 100% necessary the way it was done to set Maggie on a certain trajectory and plot line for her character to become what she needs to become.

Steven Yeun really made this show what it is, I'll always remember him as the pizza guy who saved Rick in the first episode of the series... 

Still though, show has never been the same since Shane died, and never will. It was a great show for two seasons, now it's just a popular show. 

14797443_10153856735402791_706036725_n.p

It was Glenn. The way the story has been written just points to him IMO. They've been building up Maggie and Glenn's love story too much for one of them to not be killed.

Shameless bragging. I'm really smrt.

I knew it would be Abraham, he had a completed mini arch a few episodes back and he said his goodbye to Eugene, however I figured this would be the only death since the show has a tendency to take events from the comics and apply them to different characters, but they went with the comic this time and fucking killed Glenn!

Really good episode, this season has started out strong, i hope the series can get back in the groove they were in during seasons 3-5, and I hope Negan gets fucking liquified or something by Maggie, although if they stick to the comics we won't see that. Feels bad.dan

TWD always does this though. Thrilling premiere episode followed by clutter and bull shit character development throughout the season, where all the main characters somehow survive near death experiences once in a while, only to lead us on with a "mid season finale" that leaves us all wondering why we even still watch.

I honestly don't think there has EVER been a more overrated TV series. Not saying I won't watch, because I'm a sheep and will... but jeez like everyone loves this show and acts like it's some great series, it has been far from it for several seasons. A few quality episodes here and there is all they need to worry about delivering to keep the vast majority of viewers I guess. 

TWD always does this though. Thrilling premiere episode followed by clutter and bull shit character development throughout the season, where all the main characters somehow survive near death experiences once in a while, only to lead us on with a "mid season finale" that leaves us all wondering why we even still watch.

I honestly don't think there has EVER been a more overrated TV series. Not saying I won't watch, because I'm a sheep and will... but jeez like everyone loves this show and acts like it's some great series, it has been far from it for several seasons. A few quality episodes here and there is all they need to worry about delivering to keep the vast majority of viewers I guess. 

The one constant I found with this show and withstanding a couple instances is that any episode that is considered good/great was directed by Greg Nicotero which is generally your season premiere and finales with an episodes here and there sprinkled in.

I do think that episode was great, by far one of the best. I could barely keep my eyes on the screen at certain points, it was that riveting... but we have been down this road before! lol I am certainly looking forward to what comes next, but my hopes aren't high just yet! 

You know how Rick was having a vision of where he was seeing everyone get hit by the bat? I was really hoping that actually happened. I was legit confident about the future of this show...but then it was only a vision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking this isn't so bad when Abraham got it, but they lived up to the brutality with Glenn. Dat eyeball.

You know how Rick was having a vision of where he was seeing everyone get hit by the bat? I was really hoping that actually happened. I was legit confident about the future of this show...but then it was only a vision.

I don't know if they did it just to throw fans off, but they did film alternate versions. The potato quality Maggie death scene was leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gIFaTZRew

I hope we don't have sissies in this community like the NeoGafers protesting the show and saying that they went over the line with showing the brutal gore scenes and that they're not longer going to watch the show because of it.

I've seen worse, especially in other shows on cable TV....Sons Of Anarchy anyone?

If you're squeamish that's one thing, personally I can't watch TLC surgery shows...which is why I could never be a doctor, but ffs, it's a zombie show where skin and flesh are constantly being ripped off lol.

I find it comical when people say, they went over the line.

I don't follow the comics, but I do hope Negan gets his.

I hope we don't have sissies in this community like the NeoGafers protesting the show and saying that they went over the line with showing the brutal gore scenes and that they're not longer going to watch the show because of it.

I've seen worse, especially in other shows on cable TV....Sons Of Anarchy anyone?

If you're squeamish that's one thing, personally I can't watch TLC surgery shows...which is why I could never be a doctor, but ffs, it's a zombie show where skin and flesh are constantly being ripped off lol.

I find it comical when people say, they went over the line.

I don't follow the comics, but I do hope Negan gets his.

Anyone bitching about the brutality of that scene needs to actually read the comics, specifically what happens to the Governor before they go to war with him is a very good example of what I mean. The comic is wicked, brutal, and messed up in ways that they haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg with on the show because they can't and I could see the parts I'm speaking about actually turning people away. But two people getting their heads caved in and smashed with a bat ain't shit, compared to a show like Sons of Anarchy like you said.

and so it begins...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/25/walking-dead-premiere-slammed-by-parents-television-council.html

Sorry folks.... MA means mature. that means, anyone under 17 should be advised not to watch. FFS people... have we lost all common sense and self responsibility?

it's like the tards who played gears of war and wabted to have a profanity and gore filter... because they're dumb ass fathers who want to play video games on the couch in the living room their kids are playing in the same room... so fucking dumb.

Dude the start of that episode made people aware of the violence to come, they did a couple commercial breaks and before Abraham got cracked they had the warning appear again. 

Dude the start of that episode made people aware of the violence to come, they did a couple commercial breaks and before Abraham got cracked they had the warning appear again.

anyone who lets their kids watch this is just flat out dumb.

and so it begins...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/25/walking-dead-premiere-slammed-by-parents-television-council.html

Sorry folks.... MA means mature. that means, anyone under 17 should be advised not to watch. FFS people... have we lost all common sense and self responsibility?

it's like the tards who played gears of war and wabted to have a profanity and gore filter... because they're dumb ass fathers who want to play video games on the couch in the living room their kids are playing in the same room... so fucking dumb.

It's just like when Sansa was raped in GoT. I hope Maggie gets raped and killed by Negan just so I can see the reactions. And that brings up another topic, it's a post-apocalyptic world for christ's sake. A little bit of realism of how men would treat women in that scenario would be interesting. I get that it's on AMC but sometimes I feel like cops are still everywhere keeping order because the humans in this show are surprisingly civil.

Basically, I wish this show was on HBO.

It's just like when Sansa was raped in GoT. I hope Maggie gets raped and killed by Negan just so I can see the reactions. And that brings up another topic, it's a post-apocalyptic world for christ's sake. A little bit of realism of how men would treat women in that scenario would be interesting. I get that it's on AMC but sometimes I feel like cops are still everywhere keeping order because the humans in this show are surprisingly civil.

Basically, I wish this show was on HBO.

i think twd is showing what true survival would be like... according to the comics.

thing is, rick has done a good job of being that true survivalist who doesnt auto trust someone just because theyre a human. humans by nature i believe are geared to be nice but like wild animals, we also have natural instincts, to protect ourselves and loved ones, at all costs.

TWD does a pretty damn good job of portraying that.

goes to show how soft our country has gotten.

go educate yourselves over at liveleak.com to really see what gore and brutality really look like.