Proven

The Walking Dead Discussion

I watch it because I enjoy the source material. I hope that they will bring to life some of my favorite scenes and moments. 

It's the same reason I'll go see a horrendous movie like Transformers or the new TMNT. 

You guys get so upset about me, Scalzo, or BMan talking about it being bad, but never bring up a single thing that has been strong about the show. It's poorly paced, the writing is poor, the acting might be worse from the majority of the characters. It has some good moments, but as a cohesive television show it has been a drug out pile of crap 90% of the time since basically season 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I watch it because I enjoy the source material. I hope that they will bring to life some of my favorite scenes and moments. 

It's the same reason I'll go see a horrendous movie like Transformers or the new TMNT. 

You guys get so upset about me, Scalzo, or BMan talking about it being bad, but never bring up a single thing that has been strong about the show. It's poorly paced, the writing is poor, the acting might be worse from the majority of the characters. It has some good moments, but as a cohesive television show it has been a drug out pile of crap 90% of the time since basically season 1. 

I would disagree but that's your own opinion.

I don't get upset about anyone talking about it being bad. I just think its dumb to come in here to just say whats wrong with it, like those movie critics who only say whats wrong with a film, not you Amo because you say what you like too, I wasn't talking about you lol. I don't see you complain about it as much tbh. Maybe dumb is the wrong word because everyone does things their own way but w/e dawg.

The word upset and mad is used too much in the internet, I feel like its true definition was lost, idk what I poasted that would make you think I am upset. I am a very jokeative (like my new word) person

I don't come in here to say if it is good or bad either so I don't feel a need to say what is strong about the show, I like to converse about certain scenes, see the spoilers that Proven brings in here and see other fans reactions, not people who don't care about the shows reactions. But thats my mistake for thinking this is a thread for the fans, I get it. Everyone will have their own opinion.

When I watch a show I go in to watch it to be entertained so I guess I just go in watching it with a different mentality, I don't see or feel the need to bash what I don't like because I am still entertained, it makes me look forward to 9 PM on a Sunday night. 

I guess the reason for this post is I feel like some of you go in watching with the mentality of finding what was wrong, wheres the fun in that? Oh well I am a pleb anyway, go celtics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well since you want people just to be nice and post in a kind manner I'll make sure to let everyone in the NFL and NBA thread know about that too. No negativity and No complaining!

To be more serious, I understand what you're saying though. This isn't a thread based solely on the show though. It is for the Walking Dead universe and so you will get someone like me who is a huge fan on the comics and related books, but fails to see how the show is putting them to good use. I don't go into the show wanting to point out what annoys me, but when I think about a moment they left out or things they could have used and didn't I get frustrated. 

Average episode. Really thought Rick was going to deliver a serious awesome cliffhanger-y line at the end...but it was just something corny.

Average episode. Really thought Rick was going to deliver a serious awesome cliffhanger-y line at the end...but it was just something corny.

It was from the comics.

And people complain that they stray too far from the comics and then complain when it's from the comics.

It was from the comics.

And people complain that they stray too far from the comics and then complain when it's from the comics.

Apparently the line from the comics was a little more graphic. Not that that would have made the final words of the season any more respectable. Regardless...I thought Rick was going to reveal something to his friends/the audience. He didn't.

It's not the worst show on TV, Dexter last season and True Blood took that crown seasons ago.

I like the show, it isn't perfect but it keeps me entertained. I'm not expecting Breaking Bad, it's just like Blue Mountain State or Entourage for me.

I liked the episode, can't wait for next season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't you dare lump it in with the greatness that is Blue Mountain State, Cyren. You'll make a mortal enemy. 

Thad Castle is the greatest character in television history. 

Proven, the words are the same, but contextually the tone and mood are completely different in the comics/the show when that line is said. STOP

hahaha @venky/gporter how did that ether taste?

cuz that roast smelled good from here hahaha

s4 in a nutshell, aimlessly wandering into a traincar

s5, the escape?

Look, this show is entertaining and all, but 8 boring episodes leading to a cliffhanger is bullshit. And the only good thing about the first half of the season was the final episode with the prison attack. Easily the worst season by far. Yes, there are worst shows out there, but this show has shown it can do better. Seasons 1 & 2 were great, season 3 was decent, and season 4 was horrid. The screenwriters are getting lazier by the year. If episodes 1 or 2 of season 5 are boring and stretched out, I'll just wait for the season to end and binge watch it. Waiting a week for nothing gets tiring after a month or two.

And what was with this episode being treated like a mini-Super Bowl with the commercials? Lots of new trailers. It was almost more enjoyable than the entire season.

is Scalzo talking about ethers when I already said fuck this show and fuck you all go gators

• Downvote (-1) 2

is Scalzo talking about ethers when I already said fuck this show and fuck you all go gators

Sorry.

Look, this show is entertaining and all, but 8 boring episodes leading to a cliffhanger is bullshit. And the only good thing about the first half of the season was the final episode with the prison attack. Easily the worst season by far. Yes, there are worst shows out there, but this show has shown it can do better. Seasons 1 & 2 were great, season 3 was decent, and season 4 was horrid. The screenwriters are getting lazier by the year. If episodes 1 or 2 of season 5 are boring and stretched out, I'll just wait for the season to end and binge watch it. Waiting a week for nothing gets tiring after a month or two.

And what was with this episode being treated like a mini-Super Bowl with the commercials? Lots of new trailers. It was almost more enjoyable than the entire season.

Season 2 is widely accepted as the worst, even though it contained some of the best episodes ever. And John Bernthal and Andrew Lincoln had some incredible episodes together.Season 1 was pretty good but people act like it was better than it really was. As a whole Season 3 was by the far the best. Season 4 was good, they had to side step the difficulties of switching show runners once again and tried to fix the leaking pipe that past show runners left. The last 3 episodes had a lot of things happen I'm not sure what you watched.

I watched a season where the majority of it was useless as a screen door on a submarine, and it all ended on a year long cliffhanger. That's what I watched.

I watched a season where the majority of it was useless as a screen door on a submarine, and it all ended on a year long cliffhanger. That's what I watched.

In a show about the Zombie appocalypse I don't understand what the plot is supposed to be. The plot is to survive. There is no end game or case closed.

If you're defending the plot-less and boring episodes of this season, then you truly are lost.

That's a Game of Thrones reference btw, a show that consistently delivers quality without lacking each season. Save me, HBO. A week may be too long for treatment from what the cliffhanger I just watched. It's Halo 2 all over again.

If you're defending the plot-less and boring episodes of this season, then you truly are lost.

That's a Game of Thrones reference btw, a show that consistently delivers quality without lacking each season. Save me, HBO. A week may be too long for treatment from what the cliffhanger I just watched. It's Halo 2 all over again.

I watch Game of Thrones.

There have been 30 episodes and they have moved 30 yards.

Still fun to watch.

I watch Game of Thrones.

There have been 30 episodes and they have moved 30 yards.

Still fun to watch.

Good thing Dany isn't the only POV then. Can't wait for the 5th season when they get out of the traincar and get back in the woods, and after 16 episodes of nothing happening, we see the Washington Monument, and the text, "Lol next season" fades into the screen.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

hahaha @venky/gporter how did that ether taste?

cuz that roast smelled good from here hahaha

s4 in a nutshell, aimlessly wandering into a traincar

s5, the escape?

You forgot the "random flashbacks that take up way to much time and reveal absolutely nothing about the plot or characters"

"Hey Carl, here is how you plant tomatoes" 

WTF

Good thing Dany isn't the only POV then. Can't wait for the 5th season when they get out of the traincar and get back in the woods, and after 16 episodes of nothing happening, we see the Washington Monument, and the text, "Lol next season" fades into the screen.

It will take 6 more seasons for the White Walkers to reach the wall. Don't act like GOT is perfect because it has flaws too.

You are adding nothing to the conversation. You are clearly mad at TWD so stop watching before you become that one guy who hates the show but watches every episode.

• Downvote (-1) 1

But seriously, I think the show is fun to watch. I wouldn't put it anywhere close to any other shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire (Started to enjoy it now)

if it were me personally in the post-apocalyptic world I wouldn't tell my friends "they're screwing with the wrong people" but I guess they can't say much on AMC.... I would not censor anything ever.

I should read the comics bc like everything based off a book or comics, 99% of the time the book/comics are better.

Inb4 next season is Tyrese and carol for 6 episodes just walking on  the track...